• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Newbie guzzista with NTX 750

migcorso

Just got it firing!
Hi, everybody.
Even is not clear in the subforum title, i supposed that is here the correct zone to present us my bike and me.

Best Regards from Lugo (Spain).

pict0012.jpg

df59b74d.jpg

Lugo, yes, welcome! Great photos, and a great bike! This is a stock color, yes?

RacerX wrote:
Lugo, yes, welcome!
:laugh: :laugh: Lugo is my town (very famous town :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:) , not my name.
RacerX wrote:
Great photos, and a great bike! This is a stock color, yes?
Thanks. The stock color is more or less... the old owner repainted it partially and he tried to get the same color than original but not with complete success, the adhesives are absent too.

I own another unit (now only for pieces) with original stock color:
img4070fp0.jpg

Nice bike migcorso, I'd never seen one in the flesh until yesterday afternoon. I was passed by one in traffic here in Toronto in Italian police colours, it even was emblazoned with POLICIA.

Hi Guys, I'm usually on the Stelvio pages,
But today I bought myself a 750 NTX, I saw one on a web site and just fancied one, so today I bought a red one ,Sounds a bit silly but I know nothing about them at the moment but with your help this will all change, I hope :laugh:

I need specs, pictures, links and anything else you can throw at me, no matter how small I will be interested

Really like your blue one (in Lugo) the one I'm having is red, it's come from Italy so it needs to be registered in the UK, should get it in 3 weeks time.

So I have loads of information to glean from you experts, thanks a lot

All the best Graham

Hi, Elvisto.
Welcome to select group :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: with NTX.
There is very little information about these bike.
The better place is www.guzzienduro.it but they don't have forum, only a e-mail list. You can post in English there.
And yes, i have a lot of pictures, but i am a bit lazy to upload them. Do you need any thing/topic in particular?

About the bike... is a small block (Nevada, breva, v75..etc) with big wheels, long suspension travel, big tank and fairing. Parts are the same in most of cases.
My major recommendation is that you change the u-join (about 150 Euro) BEFORE you begin to ride. Because long suspension travel, u-join have a lot of stress and it can to break easily.
There is a cheaper alternative,change only the cross of u-join, with bearings, but you need search for equivalent size in spares store.

Uff, enough english for me today, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:, but if you have any particular doubt, ask me, of course.

Hi migcorso
Well thanks a lot for the reply :woohoo:

Nice to speak to someone who has one, most people have never even heard of an NTX :eek:hmy:
I'll not be getting the bike for a little while yet, but I'll check out the bearing, to make sure it's ok.
Didn't know what the engine came out of, as I say any information you have will be very welcome.
We could start our own club :silly: could be! as there are only two of us :blush:
Do you know how many NTX bike were made.
Speak to you soon ,and thanks
Graham

hi Graham
Thinking of becomeing affiliated to your club as I've got an'87 650 NTX :laugh: [img/]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3361/3424856120_5d47f1ce92.jpg [img/]
I think they made around 3,000 of all types but I have no specific info.Try Guzzitek for documentation and also the medium guzzi French web site...theres a whole load of stuff on the competition models in there.
So far mine has few vices other than being 21 years old.
One word of advice...take it out to the hills :p
Chris

hi Graham
Thinking of becomeing affiliated to your club as I've got an'87 650 NTX :laugh:

3424856120_5d47f1ce92.jpg

I think they made around 3,000 of all types but I have no specific info.Try Guzzitek for documentation and also the medium guzzi French web site...theres a whole load of stuff on the competition models in there.
So far mine has few vices other than being 21 years old.
One word of advice...take it out to the hills :p
Chris

Hi Chris,
WELL! WECOME! to our new club we have 3 members :)

Your bike looks good, have you taken some of the panels off?

Have you ever seen a handbook for the bike??

Or any other information etc would be great

All the best Graham

Where abouts are you Chris, I'm in the UK

I'm in the south of france just below Millau.The 650's didn't have so much bodywork or a sidestand and also the high mudguard. Mine is pretty original appart from the colour and the seat which I cut down,shorter shocks and a fabricated sidestand.
For documents have a look here
https://www.guzzitech.com/index.php?op ... s&catid=49
No owners manual listed and the workshop manual is a rather worthless supplement to the standard roadster one...basically they are largely the same under all the plastic .
This web site also has loads of interesting small bloc stuff ;
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/smalltwins/
If I spoke italien and proper german i would also have found stuff over there but I have no real fluency in either language.The majority of these bikes were sold at home and to germany.The french also bought quite a lot of the 650's but never imported the 750 .
If you google you should get specs for your bike.The 650's have different ignition advance,primary gearing and carburation from the equivalent roadsters.Forks , plastics, exhaust and brakes are also specific .
Post on Guzzi Gb club 'cause there is another one of us there too !
Maybe we should get a register going - the dedicated forum got quickly overun by Russian "models ' and was very sparsly attended anyway.
There seems a definate lack of interest and information on these bikes ... simular in the way the small blocs in general are viewed but even more so as there are so few of them in use.

ELVISTO wrote:
Hi!!! good news getting my NTX 750 tomorrow, will post a couple of pics, unless we get the monsoon season back for the weekend
Cheers Graham
Congrats(!)... look forward to seeing your pictures. Let me know direct e-mail if you have any problems posting them; Todd at GuzziTech.com

chris a wrote:
There seems a definate lack of interest and information on these bikes ... simular in the way the small blocs in general are viewed but even more so as there are so few of them in use.

No lack of interest here - If I could find one I recon I'd not be interested in a Stelvio (well maybe). But only a handful were ever sold here in Oz, one is owned by a regular on a local forum, but I have never seen another despite constant vigilance on the second hand bike sites.

Hi Guys
Bike arrived today as promised B)

It's really nice, did about 60 miles mostly on country lanes, very impressed with it, love the engine and chassis, think the tyres are a bit old, will put new rubber on next week .
The bike is an 85/86, come in from Italy to the UK, I thought it was a 90. :unsure:
But it's in first class condition, been very well looked after by the previous owner/s
very few scratches on the paintwork, and the frame parts look like new, so I'm really chuffed
Red and white with a grey seat, only dowside it does'nt have a side stand, will have to get one ! make one ,or beg borrow or steal one :woohoo:

Pictures tomorrow, sorry, used all the light up riding it :lol: :eek:hmy:

Regards Graham

hi graham,
glad to hear you like the NTX...
Just a couple of thoughts;
-are you sure it is a 750 ? The early ones which yours seems to be were 650 which in my opinion was the better motor anyway- more perky .
-Sidestand that I have grafted on was from a Quota and complete with the mounting plate .All that was needed was a mounting bar from the centre stand to the engine /frame bolt and the leg extending to suit...about a couple of inches.
_ Well worth getting decent sticky knobblies for her.Ive got older michelins and they are crap in the colder months as they take years to warm up and slide badly till done so.No problem in summer so I'm trying to wear them out before the autumn !!!!!Will try an Avon on the back then and hopefully it will be better.
have fun
Chris

hi graham,
glad to hear you like the NTX...
Just a couple of thoughts;
-are you sure it is a 750 ? The early ones which yours seems to be were 650 which in my opinion was the better motor anyway- more perky .
-Sidestand that I have grafted on was from a Quota and complete with the mounting plate .All that was needed was a mounting bar from the centre stand to the engine /frame bolt and the leg extending to suit...about a couple of inches.
_ Well worth getting decent sticky knobblies for her.Ive got older michelins and they are crap in the colder months as they take years to warm up and slide badly till done so.No problem in summer so I'm trying to wear them out before the autumn !!!!!Will try an Avon on the back then and hopefully it will be better.
have fun
Chris

Back