Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Holiday Greetings. For those asking about Black Friday/Cyber Monday specials... Since we're such a tiny operation, it's tough to offer much... But we're again offering free shipping on $99+ orders to our U.S. customers on any in stock GTM product! Now through Monday at midnight, PST. Use POST-COVID-FREE discount code at checkout on our online Store link above - We truly appreciate your support. PLEASE Support small businesses!

Newbie here !

Discussion in 'Australia/New Zealand' started by Brooksie, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Brooksie

Brooksie Tuned and Synch'ed

53 years old, and just bought a brand new Stelvio NTX. Just over a week old and 900 km on the clock. I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT !

Also own a Royal Enfield Classic 500 and I am based in Wollongong. I attach a photo of my Enfield, in case you see me 'Putting Around,' the Illawarra, give me a Guzzi wave (whatever that is ?) if you see me !

CAM00099.jpg

The Stelvio is just the current 'green,' available........As I had a choice of green, green or green.
    [​IMG]

Anyhow, I shall sit on the side and just check out all things Guzzi.

Cheers
    Brooksie

2. sanddweller

sanddweller Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Welcome Brooksie.
    There's another Stelvio owner down in the 'Gong' on here too.. Look out for 'elfrider' if you haven't already come across him locally.
    cheers,
    --geoff (Brisbane)

Brooksie likes this.
  3. Brooksie

I shall. He might be the Guzzi Dude, that purchased a Stelvio one week prior to me getting one........At the same dealer here locally.
    Furthermore, I've heard feedback that he is very happy with his too !
    Cheers
    Brooksie

4. Oz1200Guzzi

Oz1200Guzzi High Miler

Gidday Brooksie, I am just up the road in Thirroul. There are a few GRiSO riders out that way too. To sight each other is an excuse for a chat - unless I am in a hurry...

Brooksie likes this.
  5. Brooksie

Groovy !........May have to catch up in the New Year, crazy over Chrissy though !........Cheers fellow Northern Suburbs Dude !

6. VladTepes

VladTepes Tuned and Synch'ed

Very nice Guzzi mate ! (and Enfield for that matter).

I have a Suzuki GSX1400, which is a brillliant bike and one I'll never get rid of.

I've always loved Guzzis though, and the Stelvio is a fantastic bike to ride eh !

Just not sure whether (if I had that kind of money) I;d get the Stelvio or Cali.

Decisions, Decisions... LOL

Enjoy !!!!

Brooksie likes this.
  7. Oz1200Guzzi

Oz1200Guzzi High Miler

Brooksie, I pretty much refuse to get my bike out of the shed during "double demerits" periods, such as the one being "enforced" from next week. It's actually a good time to get some maintenance done, pull some things off without the pressure of tomorrow being a good ride day and having to hurry. Feeling benevolence towards the task is always good. tmowbray@ihug.com.au is my email for off-line chats.

Brooksie likes this.
  8. Brooksie

Both nice (and the Jap)..........Suppose the decision is whether you want the sexy Harley Looking Chrome Cruiser, or the Adventure bike bike.........Either way, both are Groovy indeed !

Cheers

9. Brooksie

Yeah, I know where you are coming from !........I just came back from 2hrs in the Saddle, up to Sutho, via the old Hwy, returning via Bald Hill and Sea Cliff Bridge...........Bald Hill carpark was overflowing with bikes of all makes and creed !.........I could see many staring at the Guzzi, in anticipation of me pulling up amongst the Herd .........Anyhow, I perceived a barrage of 'sticky beaks,' charging at me, so I keep going. Already the roads are chockablock with idiots !

So, I might give her a tub and put her to bed over this crazy period. Furthermore, I can see why one would be tempted, to open her up.........Oh, I do love it !

Cheers
    Brooksie

10. Oz1200Guzzi

Oz1200Guzzi High Miler

11. elfrider

elfrider Just got it firing!

Hey Brooksie,

Welcome onboard.

Love the look of the Enfield.

Had my Stelvio nearly two years now and still grinning.

If you want someone who will do a good service, I take mine down to Peter Roper at Bungendore.

Just about ready to go back again.

I'll keep an eye out for you and give you a wave. Don't panic if I look like some mad bastard trying to run you down.

Brooksie likes this.
  12. Brooksie

Shall do !.....I am due for my first service shortly and will gauge the local dealership from that experience, as they are only a new dealership for Guzzi. Cheers and will keep my eyes open for any Stelvios in the area (amongst the Beamers)......lol

13. Oz1200Guzzi

Oz1200Guzzi High Miler

Where are you intending to go Brooksie? I may have a suggestion or two...

14. Brooksie

I am taking back to where I purchased it, at Carr Brothers in Albion Park. However, sort of locked in, as they are going to fit the Guzzi heated grips which were on back order. Anyhow, open to suggestions if they stuff me around ??

Thanks Tony

15. Oz1200Guzzi

Oz1200Guzzi High Miler