• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Next SoCal V7/9 Ride - Where to and when?

Looking forward to this ride and meeting you all! Quick question, ACH is closed between Mt Wilson and Upper Little T Road, are we taking ACH/AFH/Upper Big T/ACH to Wrightwood, or the backway (ACH/AFH/Mt Emma/Pine Cyn). Either way is awesome, just curious.

Had a great ride with some new friends. Chris set the pace with his screaming V7 Racer, Cait blew my mind with some incredible stories about her long haul rides on her V7iii, and Jason put my checking account into great risk with his awesome GTM. Thanks for allowing me to ride with you all, I met some new friends and became even more addicted to these Italian dream machines. Till next time....

IMG 0880 IMG 0873 IMG 0865 IMG 0860 IMG 08561

Any rides this weekend? Was thinking of Something either early tomorrow morning or Sunday morning before the heat gets too hot.

Any rides this weekend? Was thinking of Something either early tomorrow morning or Sunday morning before the heat gets too hot.
Where are you thinking of riding? Depending on the temps, I may ride the Santa Monicas here on Sunday (on a GTM build.)
My V85TT RideMalibu.com rental is out, else I'd ride that.

Anyone doing the Distinguished Gentleman's ride this year? No twisties involved but, it's for a good cause and they'll be some cool bikes...mine included

Anyone doing the Distinguished Gentleman's ride this year? No twisties involved but, it's for a good cause and they'll be some cool bikes...mine included

Yup we'll be there! We are figuring out a meet point before hand, but there are at least 4 of us guzzi types getting together along with about 5 others that are on differnet bikes. We are thinking of meeting at House of Machines or otherwise meeting at the Triumph start point.

If you do some rides near Temecula, I would be interested. My bike should be here in less than 2 weeks. I am about as new a rider as you can get. Took a motorcycle class in Corona, two day class, HOT outside, but fun. Passing the riding portion of the class allowed me to skip the riding test at DMV, which was cools since I do not have a bike yet. Passed my written last Friday, at DMV and got my license. Now I need some practice............and will take the intermediate class at the same place I took the beginner class. Supposedly, with the intermediate class, you have to bring your own bike, which is cool.

I’d be willing to ride out to Temecula to go riding. I live in Anaheim.

I have been thinking of heading out to Julian one of these days.

Julian is a great drive, so probably an even better ride. I have a Boss Mustang, and we have taken some great drives, local to me, with the Mustang Club. Palomar Mountain is a good drive too, and Idyllwild. I put a deposit down on the Carbon Dark today, supposed to arrive in about 2 weeks.

Dave

The back way to Palm Desert has plenty of turnouts. I love that road, and the way down into Palm Desert is about as windy, wine dee, not win dee, as you can get. I will probably up for that soon, got my bike today, road it home from the U haul place, and road it around the neighborhood. Will be practicing a lot tomorrow and I have Monday off, so Monday too......

For any LA’ers, I will be by the Rock Store tomorrow ~10 am on GTM-01 below. No plans for a major ride as I have full afternoon planned already, but posting this just in case someone was thinking about getting out.

D1650871 3AF5 414C 960F 20CA6BAECB14

Planning on riding Saturday (10/26) morning. Leaving Anaheim area about 8:30 and going to stop in San Clemente to check out the cars and coffee event at the outlets. Then ride down to San Diego (been wanting to try the fish and chips at Shakespeare’s) which is a block from GP Motorcycles. After lunch may head out towards Romona/Julian/Temecula and see where the afternoon takes me.

Anyone else want to join me?

Planning on riding Saturday (10/26) morning. Leaving Anaheim area about 8:30 and going to stop in San Clemente to check out the cars and coffee event at the outlets. Then ride down to San Diego (been wanting to try the fish and chips at Shakespeare’s) which is a block from GP Motorcycles. After lunch may head out towards Romona/Julian/Temecula and see where the afternoon takes me. Anyone else want to join me?
Maybe do this instead? https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/socal-moto-beach-classic-sat-oct-26th-only.20121/

Update. Had a great ride on Saturday. My longest day on my bike so far.

Started the morning riding down to the cars and coffee event at the San Clemente outlets. Quite a few bikes, but the cars were spectacular. They had the movie cars from the upcoming “Ford vs Ferrari” movie. Also quite a few Italian exotics (including a Ferrari F40!). Was a nice day. 2-300 cars in total.

Then headed down to San Diego for fish and chips at Shakespear’s pub. Sat outside on the patio and had a great lunch. Was crowded in there.

Filled up and headed out the 8 freeway then turned north to Julian. Light traffic and beautiful open roads. Stopped at Nickel brewery to pick up a growler of their apple pie beer. Julian was crowded, lots of people out and about.

Headed north and eventually ended on the pines to Palms highway. This is where the ride got really fun. Lots of twisties as you descend from over 3,000 feet down to the desert floor in Palm Desert/Palm Springs area.

From Palm Springs headed home. Total miles for the day was 374.7

D7E9427E F7B7 4A1A A5FF C05409CE9EA9 EC118A74 140D 4823 B5A7 E56BBE08E23F

Had a great ride on Saturday. My longest day on my bike so far.
Awesome Andy, nice. Thanks for posting.
You sure did miss some of the best areas of riding, but your (assumed) Sunrise Hwy ride to Julian and the ridge to Palm Desert is on that list!
Hope to catch you on the next one.

Update. Had a great ride on Saturday. My longest day on my bike so far.

Started the morning riding down to the cars and coffee event at the San Clemente outlets. Quite a few bikes, but the cars were spectacular. They had the movie cars from the upcoming “Ford vs Ferrari” movie. Also quite a few Italian exotics (including a Ferrari F40!). Was a nice day. 2-300 cars in total.

Then headed down to San Diego for fish and chips at Shakespear’s pub. Sat outside on the patio and had a great lunch. Was crowded in there.

Filled up and headed out the 8 freeway then turned north to Julian. Light traffic and beautiful open roads. Stopped at Nickel brewery to pick up a growler of their apple pie beer. Julian was crowded, lots of people out and about.

Headed north and eventually ended on the pines to Palms highway. This is where the ride got really fun. Lots of twisties as you descend from over 3,000 feet down to the desert floor in Palm Desert/Palm Springs area.

From Palm Springs headed home. Total miles for the day was 374.7

View attachment 18432 View attachment 18433

That really is a great looking bike. Sounds like a sweet ride you took, I would be up for one similar in a month or so.........I wonder what the exhaust pipes would look like blacked out, would it make the gas tank pop even more?

That really is a great looking bike. Sounds like a sweet ride you took, I would be up for one similar in a month or so.........I wonder what the exhaust pipes would look like blacked out, would it make the gas tank pop even more?

Thank you.

When I upgrade to Todd’s 2-1 exhaust (probably after 1st of the year) I keep debating on polished or black. I am leaning toward black to make the focus on the tank.

Back