• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

NGK Spark plug caps

SB05E
ClubPlug.net - $2.60 USD per
Clubplug.ca - $6.80 CND per

CND/USD = $1.04

WTF!?!

Us Canadians are always getting screwed.

Oh - I see the Canadian site has free shipping while the US site does not. That makes a big difference.

ClubPlug.net - $2.60 x2 = $5.20 + $9.95 = $15.15 USD
Clubplug.ca - $6.80 x 2 = $13.60 x 1.04 = $14.14 USD

Boy, you Americans are getting screwed!

I bought mine off Amazon.com for $5.99 each with free 2 day shipping (1-2 day delay from vendor, free shipping because of Amazon Prime Account), so $11.98. They had them also for $2.99 each plus shipping but didn't check it because I wanted to ride sooner.

coldcanuck said:
Oh - I see the Canadian site has free shipping while the US site does not. That makes a big difference.

ClubPlug.net - $2.60 x2 = $5.20 + $9.95 = $15.15 USD
Clubplug.ca - $6.80 x 2 = $13.60 x 1.04 = $14.14 USD

Boy, you Americans are getting screwed!

Sure wish we had "free" shipping. I'm jealous. I'd move if it wasn't so cold up there.

pauldaytona said:
I did order a pair red ones from japan today, http://japan.webike.net/

black = x4k
red = x3r
yellow and blue are there too.

including shipping less expensive then a pair guzzi original ones. only the customs can add to it :(

Let us know when you install them ........ if you see a difference in performance.
Thanks

Sorry to Cross post from the Griso Forum https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/163/4310.html, but since the engine/part are the same .....

Ok I got the NGK SB05E and unscrewed my factory caps off only to be surprised that I have two male screws now (one on the Guzzi Factory Plug and one on the Plug cap?)

Stupid Question: How to I install these?
Does the factory screw come out of the wire by unscrewing?
The NGK screw looks more like a wood screw and a slightly smaller diameter?

Attachments

• IMG_0056.JPG
    IMG_0056.JPG
    244.1 KB · Views: 731
I take it that the Pic of the NGK cap is of the HT lead end? Dunno about what's happened to the Guzzi cap/HT lead in your pic?? You take the ENTIRE cap off the HT lead, don't try and leave the right-angle bit on the top. Then screw the NGK cap onto the end of the HT lead, (With the insulating boot on.) and then install the cap on the plug and bend the top of the lead into the valley in the rocker cover and install the cover and crappy little badge. Job done.

Pete

Success!

Thanks all!
I cut the ends off and used the screw in the NGK cap to thread into the wire and the Griso started and idled even smoother, can't wait to take it for a ride next time! The factory replacements lasted less than 60 miles before arching through the boots. I will post pictures later when after I get back from the hardware store for some black bolts for my license plate frame.

Hi Guys

As a word of warning, if you do go down to 1 cylinder beware.
I was in traffic when mine happened 1 year ago. My carbon hugger caught fire, I was lucky to be in town and someone put it out with an extinguisher. As a result 'Haywards' who sorted me out issues a word of warning.

See the link 'Fire Warning'

https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/topic. ... 83&start=0

Still the best bike I've ever owned..

I think it is important for people to realize that if your plug leads do start arcing it is imperative that you STOP RIDING immediately. If yoo try to 'Get 'er home' you will of course be riding using much more than usual throttle because you are on one cylinder, not only providing motive power but also overcoming the compression of the dead cylinder. The dead cylinder will still be getting ALL the fuel that should be being burnt but isn't.

Not only will that wash the bore causing ring damage and oil pollution, possiby even seizure if ridden long enough, but the unburnt fuel will flood the Catalytic converter, irreparably damaging it and, in the worst case scenario causing a fire that could incinerate both the bike and you!

DON'T DO IT! IT'S NOT WORTH IT!

I STRONGLY recommend replacement of the crappy OE caps with NGK SB05E's even if your bike is currently running fine. Or, If you're rich, the Complete cap/lead assembleies from Japan, but at $100 or so landed in Oz the SB05E's are a much more sensible bet.

Pete

Have been researching type of NGK plug cap to go with the CR8EIX (Iridium replacement) for G8V. I understand that the cap will be SB05E, from advice on forum, but have a look at this:

SB05F.gif

For the CR8EIX the cap must be SD05F surely, as the plug diameter is 10mm, and plug terminal a bare thread (no stud on top).
S - straight cap
D - plug diam (10-12mm)
05 - resistance KOhm
F - plug terminal type
?????

My bike had the NGk SB05E fitted by the dealer at my request, no problems were reported to me about the suitability of these caps. I haven't ridden the bike yet, but it was ridden to my house by one of the mechanics who stated the engine was 'sweet', it certainly sounded so, I won't know myself for another couple of weeks yet until my ribs have healed up.

I received the NGK SB05E caps last night and installed them.
Before the bike was jerking when it was humid with rainy conditions.
Went for a ride around town with it after the mod .....roads were all wet very warm and humid seem to run well.
Gotta put it to the real test when it rains!!!

At the same time I ordered the CR8EIX (Iridium replacement) plugs.
For your information you would need spare "terminal nuts" for these plugs.
The plugs I received are "stud" type therefore fit in SB05F caps.

Another word of advice do not order the XB05F caps (102 deg) to go with the CR8EIX plugs ..... the caps are not long enough to reach the stud!!!! (I wasted $10 cdn to find that out)

With the help of some friends that can read/write Japanese, I ordered the NGK X4K plug wires & caps today (shown earlier in this thread). To get them to the USA, I had to use an intermediate shipping company.

I have no idea what the final cost is going to be when it's all said and done. But while I was at it, I ordered 8 sets, just in case any of you might want a set once they arrive. I'll post the final cost once they get here. In the mean time, if you're interested, let me know.

Well today my Japanese caps came in, after paying import tax to the postman. I have the x3r, these are red. The trouble to take the plastics off to get to the colis, make you are way better of with the SB05E caps. And a lot easier and cheaper.

While at it I tried the Official Guzzi way to take the original caps of, whell that won't work if you have the exhaust not dismounted.
So I tried the tyrap way, that works, see video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPQFl7W-H88

The X4K plug wires arrived today. But I don't know the final cost yet as the charges from the company I bought them from in Japan, with conversion, haven't hit my credit card.

The shipping cost from tenso.com to my home address in the US was $30.41.

Back