• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

NHRA Top Fuel

GuzziMoto

GT Reference
GT Contributor
I went to my first NHRA Pro drag race this past weekend. I did not see RuPaul anywhere.
I gotta say, while I had seen it plenty of times on tv, seeing that in person was amazing. Tv does not do it justice.
The noise, the violence, the speed, it was all quite stunning. I have never seen anything that loud, it went beyond loud. You actually felt the force from these things as much as you heard them. I have never seen anything so fast, to accelerate from 0 to 330 mph in 1,000 feet and less than 4 seconds...... Wow.
And the access to the pits, they let anybody and everybody walk through the pits. I don't know how the racers put up with it. People were constantly in their way. But I was able to see the cars up close. Seeing them re-build the motors after every round was amazing.
I am not a big fan of drag racing, but I am a gear head and love motorsports. I plan on seeing them again next year. It was absolutely worth the time and money.
I highly recommend if you have the opportunity to see the NHRA Top Fuel guys, do it.

I've been many times. I'm still speechless every time they run.

BTW, the Napa Funny Car driver was the best man in my wedding last year so I get stories up close and personal.

It's crazy on the inside too.

Nice.
It is crazy watching those cars. It must be absolutely insane to actually drive them. And the Funny cars, they have the motor sitting in front of the driver as opposed to behind the driver in the T/F Dragsters.
I do have to admit though, I was happy when Ron lost.
If you see him, don't tell him that.

Nice.
It is crazy watching those cars. It must be absolutely insane to actually drive them. And the Funny cars, they have the motor sitting in front of the driver as opposed to behind the driver in the T/F Dragsters.
I do have to admit though, I was happy when Ron lost.
If you see him, don't tell him that.

Who were you rooting for? We'll have to fix you!

I don't really have a driver I root for, it is just that Capps wins too much.
Nothing personal, just that I root for the under dog. Hence the Guzzi thing.

When I was quite young, my Dad was a drag racer. I spent many of my youthful years at the drag strip, through my very early teens.
Yes, l too always say you haven't experienced any thing about it until you are there, feeling it in your chest.
Outside of the speed, I never quite grasped a sport where the better you get and the more money you spend, you get far less time doing it. 4-9 second, max.
I did get to run a Muzzy built ZX-12R-1340cc @227hp on the strip at Carlsbad early last decade. A string of low 9's for my first few passes ever. That was a fun night. History now for Carlsbad.

When I was quite young, my Dad was a drag racer. I spent many of my youthful years at the drag strip, through my very early teens.
Yes, l too always say you haven't experienced any thing about it until you are there, feeling it in your chest.
Outside of the speed, I never quite grasped a sport where the better you get and the more money you spend, you get far less time doing it. 4-9 second, max.
I did get to run a Muzzy built ZX-12R-1340cc @227hp on the strip at Carlsbad early last decade. A string of low 9's for my first few passes ever. That was a fun night. History now for Carlsbad.

That's pretty awesome. I've lived in Carlsbad most of my life. The raceway has been closed for years as you know. I used to see motocross greats race there back when I was a teen.

The upside is, there are a lot of craft breweries in that area now!

I went to my first NHRA Pro drag race this past weekend. I did not see RuPaul anywhere.
I gotta say, while I had seen it plenty of times on tv, seeing that in person was amazing. Tv does not do it justice.
The noise, the violence, the speed, it was all quite stunning. I have never seen anything that loud, it went beyond loud. You actually felt the force from these things as much as you heard them. I have never seen anything so fast, to accelerate from 0 to 330 mph in 1,000 feet and less than 4 seconds...... Wow.

Agreed. It is really one of those things you need to experience first hand to appreciate. I try to go to the NHRA National events at Maple Grove, PA and at Englishtown, NJ whenever I can.

I've been to Pomona and New Hampshire this year.

Ron clinched the #1 spot yesterday so he will be in great shape when the Countdown starts.

I hope to be at the round in St Louis, we would go to the round in Reading again but we are taking a vacation trip in the Jeep out to Moab at that time. The St Louis round happens to be on our way as we are going to Moab. So we can stop in and spend the day watching the motorized insanity.

I hope to be at the round in St Louis, we would go to the round in Reading again but we are taking a vacation trip in the Jeep out to Moab at that time. The St Louis round happens to be on our way as we are going to Moab. So we can stop in and spend the day watching the motorized insanity.

That could be a fun break day from the road for a day. But, St. Louis might just be hot still at the end of September. :eek:

I live (by way of the crow) about 1-1/2 miles from the Gator Pro NHRA drag strip (Gainesville FL), they run the "big boys" around January or Febuary maybe March.

Anyway when they run the top fuels the ground at my house shakes.

I live (by way of the crow) about 1-1/2 miles from the Gator Pro NHRA drag strip (Gainesville FL), they run the "big boys" around January or Febuary maybe March.

Anyway when they run the top fuels the ground at my house shakes.

I've been to the Gainesville race. It's in March. Tons of fun.

Back