Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above. WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Nice day for it

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Meldrew, May 20, 2020.

1. Meldrew

Meldrew Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

As the sun was shining and recent knee surgery all recovered I decided I would go for a run out to see how the knee held up. Happy to say knee and bike all good. This has been my first opportunity to get the bike out to give it a decent run after fitting Todd's fuelling kit, my new agostini mufflers and rear suspension units. Was out for a couple of hours and about 80 miles round East Anglia. Great ride in fantastic weather. Hopefully as nice tomorrow and swmbo will join me on another excursion. East Anglia was the home of several bomber groups during WW2 and there are some lovely little memorials in some of the villages near what used to be the bases. The American military cemetery at Madingley near Cambridge is well worth a visit, very moving and poignant. Anyway here's a quick snap when I stopped off on my little jaunt.
    IMG_20200520_121054.jpg IMG_20200520_121115.jpg IMG_20200520_121016.jpg

Chris Jessop, GT-Rx® and PaulDavies like this.
  2. Chris Jessop

Chris Jessop Cruisin' Guzzisti

Great pictures. Glad you're on the mend and back on two-wheels.

3. Meldrew

Cheers Chris, took a run out to Madingley American Cemetery today, was hoping to post some pics but everything closed due to current restrictions. Another time hopefully.

4. Meldrew

I hope to get back there in the near future and post a few pictures. I have done a few 'duties' there and have had the honour and privilege of being part of some of the memorial 'celebrations'. I have also had the opportunity to see parts of the cemetery that members of the public do not have access to.
    A true testament to the sacrifice of the young men and women of a previous generation. A very moving place.
    Overview

The Cambridge American Cemetery and Memorial site in England, 30.5 acres in total, was donated by the University of Cambridge. It lies on a slope with the west and south sides framed by woodland. The cemetery contains the remains of 3,812 of our war dead; 5,127 names are recorded on the Walls of the Missing. Rosettes mark the names of those since recovered and identified. Most died in the Battle of the Atlantic or in the strategic air bombardment of northwest Europe.

From the flagpole platform near the main entrance, the great mall with its reflecting pools stretches eastward. It is from the mall that the wide, sweeping curve of the burial area across the lawn is best appreciated. Along the south side are the Walls of the Missing, and at the far end is the memorial with a chapel, two huge military maps, stained glass windows bearing the state seals and military decorations, and a mosaic ceiling memorial honoring the dead of our air forces.

A new, 4,000-square-foot center visitor center opened in May 2014. Through interpretive exhibits that incorporate personal stories, photographs, films, and interactive displays, visitors will gain a better understanding of this critical campaign that contributed to the Allied victory in Europe during World War II.

5. Meldrew

Hi Folks,
    As I said on my earlier post I'm hoping to take a ride out to Madingley American War Cemetery as soon as the battle monuments commission re opens the site. You can go on the website and search for WW2 Service Personnel relatives and it should tell you If your relative is either buried in the Cemetery, listed on the Wall of Missing in Action or their remains have since been found and repatriated. If there are any members on here who have possible relatives there just post up and I will try and take some pictures of the grave marker or 'position' on the wall if you wish. Glen Miller the legendary Big band leader is listed on the wall.
    Cheers, Ron

6. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT Famiglia

Lovely! All those men from WWII were amazing individuals. I am very grateful for their sacrifice. We all should be.

Glad you are recovering nicely.

Don’t you just love Todd’s fuel injection setup? I have loved it for many years on my 2012 Stelvio.

Happy Riding!