Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

No matter how big you are, Labryntitis puts you down !

Discussion in '24-7 Lounge' started by motoguzziman, Jul 24, 2015.

1. motoguzziman

motoguzziman Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Hi All.

This is the short version, as Bossy Bessie has already flown back to the UK.

It was lucky, that we had parked the bike,for a couple of days, in Cedar City, Utah.

At about 02 30, I got hit by an attack of Labrynthitis.

I went from standing up, to lying flat & clinging to the carpet, with my eyes screwed shut, while the room spun around so fast it made me retch.

To be honest, I was incapable of doing anything, so, Bossy called an ambulance.

I was in hospital, most of the day.

CAT scan showed the infection.

I have never experienced anything like it !

Any other time I have felt “ Unwell “ I have usually stated that I am not feeling good, then progressively felt worse, through the day, then, perhaps not feeling ….great, I could still carry on working.

This..... was like being hit by an invisible hammer !

Instant Drop To The Floor !

Even after the drip & antibiotics, I still had several days worth of tablets to take.

Bossy had to make a decision , in the time we had available, while I was still out of it.

She organized some guys to move the bike..... Sorry, but I cannot remember your names !

Thank you all !

First from one hotel to another, then to the storage unit .

So, The epic Trans USA Tour, came to an inglorious end, in Cedar City Utah.

Bossy had to fly home via St George, after putting me on a settee thing, on the Amtrac from Salt Lake City via Chicago to Toledo.

By then, I could more or less walk, by holding the train corridor.

I will put more on the Blog, once I have matched notes with Bossy, because she was doing everything on her own at the time.

Take Care Out There.

2. Dropinparts

Dropinparts Tuned and Synch'ed

Had to look that one up. Basically it's vertigo. A friend of mine had it and thought it was the end of the world.
    Hope you get to feeling better soon!

3. Oz1200Guzzi

Oz1200Guzzi High Miler

Had this myself once - fell out of bed and tried to crawl to the bathroom - I didn't realise how steep the carpet had become, kept going in circles. A shit of a condition.

4. motoguzziman

motoguzziman Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Thanks for the responses.
    Im currently waiting for my return flight, to Europe, but even now, if I stand up too quick, or bend down for something, I get dizzy & have to lie down
    Nothing like the initial attack, but still....
    This is the only time, where it came out of the blue, and dropped me to the floor
    Any other time I have felt sick, it has started during the day , & got worse as the day passed, and mostly I managed to work through it.
    This.... Was instant incapacitation.
    Take Care Out There

5. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Be sure to see an ear nose and throat doctor to rule out Menieres syndrome. If you had any hearing loss detected by a hearing test it is a possibility that isn't good for future riding.