• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

No matter how big you are, Labryntitis puts you down !

motoguzziman

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Hi All.

This is the short version, as Bossy Bessie has already flown back to the UK.

It was lucky, that we had parked the bike,for a couple of days, in Cedar City, Utah.

At about 02 30, I got hit by an attack of Labrynthitis.

I went from standing up, to lying flat & clinging to the carpet, with my eyes screwed shut, while the room spun around so fast it made me retch.

To be honest, I was incapable of doing anything, so, Bossy called an ambulance.

I was in hospital, most of the day.

CAT scan showed the infection.

I have never experienced anything like it !

Any other time I have felt “ Unwell “ I have usually stated that I am not feeling good, then progressively felt worse, through the day, then, perhaps not feeling ….great, I could still carry on working.

This..... was like being hit by an invisible hammer !

Instant Drop To The Floor !

Even after the drip & antibiotics, I still had several days worth of tablets to take.

Bossy had to make a decision , in the time we had available, while I was still out of it.

She organized some guys to move the bike..... Sorry, but I cannot remember your names !

Thank you all !

First from one hotel to another, then to the storage unit .

So, The epic Trans USA Tour, came to an inglorious end, in Cedar City Utah.

Bossy had to fly home via St George, after putting me on a settee thing, on the Amtrac from Salt Lake City via Chicago to Toledo.

By then, I could more or less walk, by holding the train corridor.

I will put more on the Blog, once I have matched notes with Bossy, because she was doing everything on her own at the time.

Take Care Out There.

Had to look that one up. Basically it's vertigo. A friend of mine had it and thought it was the end of the world.
Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Had this myself once - fell out of bed and tried to crawl to the bathroom - I didn't realise how steep the carpet had become, kept going in circles. A shit of a condition.

Thanks for the responses.
Im currently waiting for my return flight, to Europe, but even now, if I stand up too quick, or bend down for something, I get dizzy & have to lie down
Nothing like the initial attack, but still....
This is the only time, where it came out of the blue, and dropped me to the floor
Any other time I have felt sick, it has started during the day , & got worse as the day passed, and mostly I managed to work through it.
This.... Was instant incapacitation.
Take Care Out There

Be sure to see an ear nose and throat doctor to rule out Menieres syndrome. If you had any hearing loss detected by a hearing test it is a possibility that isn't good for future riding.

Back