• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.
Good luck.

All this electronics was meant to make our world easier. Much like the paperless office concept and single use plastic.
Well its worked out really well for us hasn't it.

But then again I still have nightmare having worked on old school magneto systems

Forgive me asking but did you or anyone else, access your ECU with GuzziDiag recently?

Whoops!

Initially I did not see Todd’s post. It appeared after I made this one.

That’s 2 of us who are independently reaching the same question…

Good luck.

All this electronics was meant to make our world easier. Much like the paperless office concept and single use plastic.
Well its worked out really well for us hasn't it.

But then again I still have nightmare having worked on old school magneto systems
Actually it does but he doesn’t have a PADS terminal and states that it is impractical to take his motorcycle to one.

I’m sure the PADS would be very informative in this case.

Forgive me asking but did you or anyone else, access your ECU with GuzziDiag recently?

Whoops!

Initially I did not see Todd’s post. It appeared after I made this one.

That’s 2 of us who are independently reaching the same question…
I did use the diag. Have for years without issue. I re-flashed from the gtm. Again, without issue. Both find and clear codes.

Next step will be to pull off the AT fueling and sensors. Reflash it to stock. See if that works.

If not, I’ve got to move on. My available Ducati/Beemer guy won’t touch it. If there is someone interested in the bike, I’d entertain any offer.

Thanks again for the help.

I did use the diag. Have for years without issue.

I would humbly submit that perhaps this time, you have an issue. That program is terrible because it strips the logical protections from the ECU and offers no checksums, stopgap or stray signal protections against errors, bumping off the cable, or virtually anything out of the ordinary.

I’ve seen the problems caused by it firsthand and was warned very effectively of it by my genius computer/ECU friend who is a PhD electrical design engineer in Milan at Marelli.

It’s looking like an ECU issue to me.

Possibly Scott.

But that's going to be the sad end to her life on the road. I've got to get back to life. When the tilt sensor arrives I'll dig back into it, put it back to stock and see.

I just had a good conversation with the nearest shop with PADS (7 hours away). New MG parts are scarce these days. Maybe she can live again as a donor and help our beleaguered US Guzzi community.

BTW: Have you guys considered some sort of web-based virtual "parts library" for later model (Piaggio) Guzzis? I'm sure many in your community that have evolved into mechanics out of necessity will have stuff in boxes that might be useful to somebody willing to pay shipping. Might be a better option than waiting for the reparto evasione ordini in Mandello.

Update:

Just a shout out to GTM for resurrecting my bike. I had given up. Turns out it was the starter switch assembly. I had taken that apart twice and checked continuity at the ECU, but clearly I’m a rank amateur when it come to this stuff.

And then there’s the secret sauce Todd put on the tune. I rode the bike back home through CA, AZ (during bike week), and NM. 1200 miles from the beach through rain (crazy weather year out there), the desert and mountains. That motor had new life. No problem keeping pace with the uncorked CVO whatever-glides on the interstate.

She’s a keeper. She’s not the best bike for my daily chore runs into town or on the mountain twists. She’ll probably spend much of her life tucked away in the barn. But I’ve canceled my plan to buy a used BMW k1600 for the two-up Sunday cruises with the Missus. There’s a palpable vita meccanica in that big Italian air-cooled twin that somehow shows up the plastic encased car engine in the beemer.

Thanks again to Chris and Todd.

Last edited:
Glad you found it and got Todd’s help. His full fueling system works awesome when you have it setup correctly.

I don’t know who Chris is but I do remember post #13

If you turn on the ignition and place the engine kill switch in the run positioned, if you directly send 12V to the solenoid or directly to the starter itself, will the motorcycle crank over and start?

If it does, then there is an issue with your start switch.

😆

Back