• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

NorCal "A" Rides: NAPA ???

el jedi

Just got it firing!
Aloha Guzzi,

Have some friends from over here running around Nor Cal's wine country... Hitting all the wine factories and
sucken down vino! But cha can only suck down so much Vino, right!?!

And they want to rent a bike and hit some country roads, I told them I'd hook them up with some good "A" roads.
But its been many a year since that was my stomping ground, and my brains spark-less on memories.
Spent my last ten years in Cali in SoCal, so teh only NorCal ridding I got in was hwy 1 to Seca, and a day off the
races to go hit hwy 9 and La Fonda... nothing North of SF.

And I know this forum is full of guyz n dolls that motor their Guzzi's all over Cali, so...
If it wouldn't be to much trouble, could ya guyz hook a brother up and make a "Must Do" list, starting from Napa.
All day rides mostly... dont think thier thinking of heading for Eurekea (pardon speeling).

Much Mahalo and Aloha,
el jedi

Hey Dave -
Don't know if it's too late for your friends, but here are some suggestions, all based on first-hand experience. Some real can't-miss roads..... Hope they have good maps. This will be a quick reference:
North of Napa: 128 east to Winters.
North of Napa: Chiles Pope Valley Rd to Pope Valley Rd to Butts Canyon Rd to 175 to Kelseyville, continue west on 175 to Hopland. Any of those other roads in that area are probably stupendous as well: Bottle Rock Rd, Big Canyon Rd
Any of the roads west and northwest of Sebastopol (tho will have more traffic than farther north): Marshall-Petaluma Rd., Bohemian Hwy, Coleman Valley Rd., hwy 116 west of Forestville
Going farther north (it just gets better and better going north: Myers Grade Rd, King Ridge Rd, Tin Barn Rd, Stewarts' Point/Skaggs Springs Rd. (the east end of Skaggs Spring is perfect pavement/squid alley and therefore has some LEO presence; the west end is narrow and a little goaty, but all paved and beautiful; Annapolis RD.
a little farther north: Hwy 128 going west of Cloverdale has some twisties and very pretty, goes thru gorgeous redwoods toward its west end. Hwy 253 going east from 128 between Boonville and 101 south of Ukiah is lots of fun. Mountain House Rd further south between 128 and 101 is fun: no traffic and lots of curves.
You really can't go wrong on almost any road north of Healdsburg. Geysers Rd going east from Cloverdale and looping back to Healdsburg is very cool scenery. all paved but narrow and goaty.
If they have limited time and need to stay closer to Napa, I'd say Chiles Pope Valley, etc... 175 is REALLY fun. I can't lay claim to discovering it - Mark W. did it, recommended it to Regina and me, and she and I enjoyed it tremendously.
One more option: east of Rohnert Park: Pressley Sonoma Mtn Rd is very nice; Cavedale Rd is very scenic, narrow and pretty goaty, and Mt Veeder Rd is very scenic and less goaty.
Let me know if you/they have any questions.
Aloha!!!

One more thing: of course going north on Hwy 1is gorgeous, especially once you get north of Fort Ross. Can be quite trafficky, but if they were going on a weekday, that would help. The coast north of Gualala is beautiful, and the stretch of Hwy 1 that turns inland north of Rockport and ends up at Leggett on 101 is great sportbike riding thru the redwoods.

Back