• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge Noises?

mpk

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi All,

I'm the proud owner of a 2008 Norge. 21K mi. Rode it home 250mi via Skyline Drive on Saturday, ran into a massive rain storm and more holiday tourists than I care to remember, but was stoked on my new ride.

Here's a question: when the road was quiet and I was at speed, I could detect a very quiet, low/deep sound like "whooa-whooa-whooa..." I really felt it as much as I heard it - a very slow oscillation. At first I thought it might be the wind vibrating the windscreen in some way, but if I grabbed the screen with one hand, the vibration did not stop. I should let you know that I have a California Scientific windscreen and GPR exhaust. For all I know, it could have been coming from the exhaust, but I could not pinpoint if the sound was coming from the front or back.

Anyhow, the sound was slight enough that I wasn't concerned about making the ride, and it seemed like it could be an acoustic issue (vibrating fairing?) as opposed to mechanical issue, but I wonder if this is typical for a 10-year old Norge, or does it indicate a known problem? I want to take some long trips, and I'd hate to burn up a bearing or the CARC.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Matt IMG 1204

I have the same windscreen and exhaust. I haven't noticed that sound on my Norge. If it's heard when you're doing a steady speed my guess would be the exhaust. You would also feel it because it would be in sync with the throb of the engine. It's a Guzzi thing.
If you slouch a bit so your head is behind the windscreen out of the wind completely, you should be able to hear if it's coming from the front or rear.

Might have heard me moaning ... was (over my whiny objections in Short Pump (Lesser Richmond for non-Virginians ;)) for a wedding. :cry:

Anyway, nice pic, especially as you block most of that saddle. :giggle:

Seriously, I think I have occasionally heard something similar when droning along at lower speeds, and have always thought -- to extent I thought about it much at all ... usually some road event grabs my attention and my screaming in my helmet distracts me! :rofl: -- that it was like that drone one hears on a multi-engine plane when the props or other rpm issues aren't quite sync'ed. To confess the obvious, I am no aviator! Anyway, unless someone comes on here with an "OMG, the sky is falling!" warning, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Did WMS balance the TB's?

If not, might have some effect. The dealer in Richmond can do that if you don't have the equipment. If their service prices scare you,I have a Carbtune Pro 4 that's still a virgin, so we can practice on yours. :clap:

Will be interested in what others say.

I plan to ride my Stornello to Tellico Plains on Thorsday if WMS can get new tires in for it and mounted tomorrow, but, if not, I'll be on the Norge. If so, I'll listen for that sound.

Best,

Bill

Back