Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

norge trouble code LD 02

Discussion in 'BNS12 Reference Topics/Recalls' started by kcarsley, Jun 4, 2014.

1. kcarsley

kcarsley Just got it firing!

My 2008 Norge started well the other day and then the gauge unit went blank with a LD 02 code. Bike runs fine however no power to anything else. I checked for connections and corrosion. climate controlled stored motorcycle, 5540 miles. Any solutions? Thanks

2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

What is the age of the battery and standing voltage with the key on/motor off? Sounds like the battery is on the way out.

3. kcarsley

Thanks, checked that Sunday and installed a new battery to make sure.. 12.95 standing voltage 12.3 cranking voltage...thanks

4. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

Trying to understand how you can see the code when your gauge unit (dashboard I assume) went blank? :?:

Notwithstanding, 02 dashboard error code represents key not present or transponder broken. Usually, you would be asked for a user code before the motor would start, but it appears this is not required.

I'd try to find another dash (got any friends?) to see what is really going on. Or, just unplugging the dashboard and reconnect might help if you haven't done this already.

5. kcarsley

Thanks for your input, I have disassembled most everything to access all wiring connections and to check for corrosion. Everything looks like new. .not really even any dust under the tank, the bike is in new condition and kept in climate controlled garage. It has only been in the rain once a couple of years ago for 20 minutes or so therefore any weather related issues are rather unlikely...just a little background info. The only thing that shows up on the gauge is the code..no indicators, directional lights, headlight etc.. however it runs great. .makes you wonder whats going on. Kerry

6. kcarsley

Sorry, there are not many Guzzi people way up here in central Maine so swapping out parts is kind of difficult. .Got a spare gauge you care to send up?? lol...

7. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

The LD 02 code doesn't reference the key chip or immobilizer antenna. The only way to see that code (immobilizer fault) is from the diagnostic menu. This sounds similar to the other code that appears when there is a low voltage, or connector problem. Try disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes (just the ground strap). The dash may just need a reboot. Also check all your grounds, specifically the main ground under the starter cover.

8. kcarsley

Thanks for your help, the first thing I did when the code appeared was disconnect the negative side of the battery for 8 minutes. no change. installed a new battery, no change. checked all relays and fuses. the code appears 24/7 even when motorcycle is not running unless the battery is unhooked. just had the new battery unhooked for two days, the second I hooked the battery up the code immediately appeared, no need to even turn the key on. I did check the primary ground and all other wiring for issues. The bike still starts and runs fine although there is no sign of life anywhere, no headlight, taillight, turn signals...zippo.. You would think the bike was shut off, except it's running. The only thing showing on the bike is the never ending LD 02 code on the gauge. Kerry

9. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Sounds like the dash is the problem. It looks like a trip to Tri-Sports is in your future.

10. MickE

MickE Tuned and Synch'ed

My Breva 1100 has just developed a problem with the same symptoms.

What was your eventual solution, please?