• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

norge trouble code LD 02

Yep, finally got one done. Battery is fine.
I'm going to start physically checking connectors and wires, too - there's a possibility that I may have nudged something loose in the dash when I replaced headlamp bulbs last year, and the vibration / notoriously rough Michigan roads made things worse!

I'm going to start physically checking connectors and wires, too - there's a possibility that I may have nudged something loose in the dash when I replaced headlamp bulbs last year, and the vibration / notoriously rough Michigan roads made things worse!
All connections secure, beyond unplugging and plugging back in. I’m going to have to make an air tunnel directly to that area…I’m thinking PVC…😂

Hi shtef, no, it’s still randomly doing it, especially when it’s hot. Still working on resolving!
Damn...I'm sorry I hear that. Did they change dashboard on newest norge with 8v gt version? I heard lot of electrical problems with earlier version, but I don’t know anything about models after 2013

Damn...I'm sorry I hear that. Did they change dashboard on newest norge with 8v gt version? I heard lot of electrical problems with earlier version, but I don’t know anything about models after 2013
Good question!

I don’t know. 😂

Mine is an ‘08, and apart from the dash playing its little games with me and the oil leaks I need to replace seals to rectify, it’s been a great bike!

So, should I go with a higher-amperage battery? My bike just sat for a week, and while I have power, I just don’t have the amps to crank. I went with the 12V 19A Motobatt, thinking Guzzi suggests 12V 18A…

So, should I go with a higher-amperage battery? My bike just sat for a week, and while I have power, I just don’t have the amps to crank. I went with the 12V 19A Motobatt, thinking Guzzi suggests 12V 18A…
Of course, I’m stranded, unless I can get it bump started.

Still throwing that error. I’m completely stumped. New LiFePO battery last fall, it’s been on the brand new battery tender all winter, and the only thing left at this point, in my mind, is to take it in to the local stealership.

Still throwing that error. I’m completely stumped. New LiFePO battery last fall, it’s been on the brand new battery tender all winter, and the only thing left at this point, in my mind, is to take it in to the local stealership.
It’s finally had enough of my shenanigans, and is deader than disco. Talking it to the stealership tomorrow. May have to sign the title and steal the tool kit if I can’t afford the repairs.

Found out the problem!

The harness between the battery and the starter solenoid was heat & moisture damaged!

I’ve spent literally hundreds of American dollhairs buying batteries, all because of a USD 60 wiring harness!

The harness between the battery and the starter solenoid was heat & moisture damaged!

I’m confused as to what you have done to rectify your issue. I’m actually also confused by your description of the problem itself.

Can you be more specific please? Did you take photos by chance?

I’m confused as to what you have done to rectify your issue. I’m actually also confused by your description of the problem itself.

Can you be more specific please? Did you take photos by chance?
Scott, I’m not sure I could get more specific than the several posts I’ve already made on the subject, but I’ll try.

Starting around 18 months ago, the bike started throwing the LD02 code, which prompted me to start looking online for answers, because I’m not exactly rich. You and I actually discussed the battery, and as it turned out, the battery was damaged. Then the next battery, and the last battery I bought (the LiFePO) also ended up damaged.

Now, per my previous posts, pulling the 30A fuse from the relay just off the positive terminal was something of a hard reset, but eventually, even that didn’t work. The harness itself, from the battery to the starter solenoid, was moisture and heat damaged.

Lesson learned: if I can’t understand it, the shop will.

EDIT: that harness is not water or heat resistant. I’ve ridden in heavy rain, and engine heat is funneled under the seat, which I believe contributed to the problem.

Attachments

• IMG_0136.jpeg
    IMG_0136.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I guess I’m not asking the correct question.

Do you mean to say that your shop installed a new OEM wiring loom or a portion of a OEM loom?

Or do you mean to say that your shop fabricated new wiring for just a portion?

That is what I was trying to resolve in my mind. 😄

I guess I’m not asking the correct question.

Do you mean to say that your shop installed a new OEM wiring loom or a portion of a OEM loom?

Or do you mean to say that your shop fabricated new wiring for just a portion?

That is what I was trying to resolve in my mind. 😄
My understanding is that the harness from battery POS to the starter solenoid is a separate harness from the main harness. This is an OEM harness. I should be able to get the PN as soon as I take delivery.

Charging system was checked, and showed no issues. Looking at the underside of the relay showed definite signs of heat & corrosion.

Back