• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

North Georgia TAG ride

WayneOrwig

GT Reference
This North Georgia tag ride is on going. Here is the plan.

1) You will look at the clues for the last location posted. You must travel to that location, then travel to a new location. Get photos (OR A GOOD DESCRIPTION) of the old and new locations with your bike.

2) Come here and post info on the last location, proving you found it. You then post the info on the NEW location (You must use a good description. This is for interesting rides, not a contest. )

3) Go to the bottom of this page and click the SUBSCRIBE button. You will get an email when there is activity on this thread and you will then know that a new tag location may be up.

Rules:
Stay within 100 miles of Atlanta so more people have time to try to do it. You can go farther IF you have arranged for someone to find it and bring it back to the area. I will 'void' anything that is going to stall the game out.

Make the new location fun to find, but not overly difficult. As noted, I will 'void' anything that stalls out the game.

Avoid gravel/dirt roads and avoid high traffic (stay outside the perimeter). Avoid places that you need to pay just to get a photo (Stone mountain, Amicalola falls, etc).

Photos are preferred so nobody questions that you really were on a motorcycle. Even a cell phone photo is fine. Not having a camera is NOT an excuse. Just give a better description of the 'from' location and a good description of the 'to' location that proves you found the spots.

Keep it interesting, but don't make it TOO difficult, to find the new spot.

If you go to a site, find it and get a photo, then go to a new site and get a photo, then come home to find that someone has already moved the cache site, too bad. So be quick.

A photo of a Guzzi with an interesting view is a plus, but any motorcycle/scooter is allowed. Group rides are good.

Try not to repeat locations. See the attached Google map for where we have been.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204 ... 8,5.795288

NOTES:
You WILL need to sign up on the Google maps site to edit it. I will try to keep it current, but I don't promise it.

When we left off, long long ago, Russ had moved the tag to a mill. I found it here, in Juliette Georgia. The mill is now the home of a motorcycle museum (with limited hours). Right beside the Whistlestop Cafe, home of the fried green tomatoes. I don't like green tomatoes, but they make a good cheeseburger...

I forgot to include the bike in the shot. This should be easy to find.

Attachments

• IMAG0058.jpg
    IMAG0058.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3,746
  • IMAG0043.jpg
    IMAG0043.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,747
Wayne Orwig said:

I forgot to include the bike in the shot. This should be easy to find.

Ooh Ooh ... I know where it is! Unfortunately, I know where I is, too. Milan. Illinois. Shix. :S

Wish I could play.

Will be back for Thanksgiving, but company will keep me tethered to house. Hope to play sometime on one of my visits in the spring.

Y'all have fun.

Bill

Took a ride today. Among the places I passed was Booger Hollow Citgo Store. See pic. Took a long ride, see second pic and find it.

Gary

Attachments

• Booger Hollow.jpg
    Booger Hollow.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 3,699
  • A Place.jpg
    A Place.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 3,699
Yea Gary, seems like I saw you today, I didn't find it but did get the hint, ended up on alot of roads, had fun out riding on my day off. Thanks Wayne.

I'll never get that one figured out without more hints.
Looks like you have some serious storage on that bike. :shock:

First clue:

On a state road in NGA, as you pass by it is in your face and I doubt you will ever pass at more than 20 mph.

Second Clue:

I spent 5 1/2 hours on my round trip between Roswell and Booger Hollow yesterday. My circuitous route took me by this historic building constructed in 1916.

Third Clue: A little more of the pic might help. BTW Bill Hagan got the location.

Attachments

• GA TAG pic 2.jpg
    GA TAG pic 2.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 867
Fourth Clue:

From this place, a famous Georgia product has been shipped to the nation's capital and many other US and International destinations.

Look at the bright side, Yaniv; you don't have to go here -- as I did today in Minnesota -- to find it.

I've decided that the Norge is pretty darn good on gravel and dirt ... but I don't like it as well as it does.

Bill

Attachments

• 2011-10-23_12-07-02_985.jpg
    2011-10-23_12-07-02_985.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 808
Back