• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Not A Rally this month in SLO

guzzibob

GT Reference
Yep, it's true. Not A Rally based in San Luis Obispo, weekend of 7/30-8/1. Based at Los Padres Inn, a Mom & Pop place significantly cheaper (single $80 Fri, $95 Sat) than the multiple chain motels very nearby, & checked out by Mark West. It's at 1575 Monterey, on a motel row just a bit from downtown SLO. Bookable at lospadresinn.com. Plenty adequate places to eat & drink within walking distance. I suspect "The Kilt", apparantly a new sports bar/restaurant very nearby will likely be post ride-pre-sleep/pass out headquarters, subject to decision at the time. I gather there is some kind of fair in town, so if you want in suggest you book room 2-3 weeks ahead at the latest. Los Padres Inn confirmation says cancellable as late as 24 hours before check in, can't vouch for policies at many other mostly fancier/more expensive options in the area. Plenty of good roads for exploring nearby, including the coast if brutally hot inland. At present we have me, Jamileh, Mark, Glenn Morgan & a couple of his friends in for sure. Me & J booked both Fri & Sat night, unsure about others. It's only about 3-3 1/2 hours or so from LA, so should be easy enough to motor on up Fri afternoon or if need be after work for those who still do that. Or come up Sat morn if you prefer. Hopefully far enough towards the center of the state to entice a few of Mark's central Cal friends to join in as well. Any & all Guzzisti welcome, even if circumstances force you to ride Brand X (Jamileh?).

"Be there or be square." No excuses excepted (Jon, Rich, etc) other than death-& even then only with prior notice.

Bob,
I am umneployed and can afford this cheap weekend, bren will probably accompany me..... Bob, Bren cofirms we are in, how about Don and the lovely missus.

Just an update that single rooms for the weekend are sold out at the Los Padres and the double is now $99.00.
I booked a double for Fri. and Sat. so if anyone is interested in sharing a room, let me know.

Just booked Bren and I for friday and saturday, quoted me $110, I told them of Bob's price, then Mark's price, so they gave me marks price. They still have rooms for friday, but said they often get cancellations so if someone is still interested for Saturday, give them a call. I got the feeling that they expected a few cancellations and if someone had a credit card, they could book right now for both friday and saturday.

Thanks Bob,
I will not send in my registration fee, I will not get my tee shirt, and I will not have any bs that goes with organized rallies, should be cool, just have to decide on which bike to take, I got backrest for the griso and Bren has really been liking it...
Cheers,

Well, Bob, as opposed to the rest of you hipsters, I'm gonna "be there AND be square", just coz I can't help it.....
And those "circumstances" leading up to my appearance on the Soulless One - are you referring to me somehow torching my beloved's left cylinder after putting about 35,000 miles of road, goat, ice, mud, gravel, and dirt on it in the past 2 years???? (Some of those road miles were spent drafting your slow arse all over Nevada a coupla times, as I recall....)
One more thing - at least I know the real-world capacity of my tank and tail bag for NAR purposes: a case plus a 7 lb. bag of ice.....

guzzi jon said:
Just booked Bren and I for friday and saturday, quoted me $110, I told them of Bob's price, then Mark's price, so they gave me marks price.

Thanks Bob,
I will not send in my registration fee, I will not get my tee shirt, and I will not have any bs that goes with organized rallies, should be cool, just have to decide on which bike to take, I got backrest for the griso and Bren has really been liking it...
Cheers,

Ummm, my post said that the price I was quoted was for a single, not the double Mark quoted. Glad to see sorted out. Glad to see also that you are fully in the "Not A Rally" spirit.

For those needing other motel options, there is the Sunbeam at 1656 Monterey, 877-338-8717, and the Villa, 1670 Monterey, 805-543-6071, across the street but plenty close to the Los Padres (at 1575). Sunbeam seemd a bit more basic than Los Padres, Villa maybe a bit better. Plus a number of various chain motels close by for mostly more money: Best Western Somerset, Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn Express, La Cuesta, Quality Suites, Super 8, Travelodge, & others.

I would love to go and the distance is perfect for me but darn, I will be in the Galapagos islands chasing turtles or boobies, or something, and a Panama hat in Quito. Besides, bike is broke. ;) ;)

So apparently Los Padres is sold out on Saturday. Now I need to decide whether to stay down the street or home with the dogs.
Darn

kmartin said:
So apparently Los Padres is sold out on Saturday. Now I need to decide whether to stay down the street or home with the dogs.
Darn

To say "down the street" re most of these places is to exaggerte the distances. More like "nearly next door" or "across the street," all a very, very short walk away. We'll be spending most of our non-sleeping time riding or at "The Kilt" anyway. Both the Sunbeam & Villa are less than a block, most of the others about the same or not appeciably more. Pick one, quick, & post it here for others to follow....

kmartin said:
Ok, I booked the Sunbeam for Fri & Sat at $89/night for a single. The Villa is $110 for a single.

OK, good. Though, did you notice earlier in the thread that Mark West had booked a double at Los Padres & was looking to share a room? Just a thought....

Bump.

Between postings here & e-mails direct to me, looks like 10-12 more or less definite that I know of, a few more iffy, some booked just in case (good idea), to be cancelled late if need be. Practically Sturgis in LA Guzzi terms.......

Anybody else thinkin'g about it?

Bren and I are heading out early Friday for the long way up north, anyone else leaving early? Any plans on Friday night? Any ideas on a Saturday ride, any suggestions on Saturday night festivities, etc, etc, etc. I love not-a-rally's, no hassles and no schedule, just want to see if anyone is planning on riding.
Cheers,

Assuming I don't get stuck with jury duty (have to report tomorrow at 11AM), I'll be there by dinner friday along with Jamileh and perhaps some others. Ed and Brooke Pare should be arriving before dinner as well. That is all I know about from the Norcal group.

I'll be going up Friday morning, but not that early. No desire to get caught in rush hour traffic-& it's just not that far, not much over 3 hours. I expect the Friday arrivals will meet up at the motel whenever, eat wherever the mood strikes us, likely spend some time at the Kilt very nearby. I thought Jamileh had some thoughts about local roads to hit on Saturday. I'll probably consult my maps sometime between now & Friday night. If it's really hot inland, sticking near the coast sounds good to me. We'll see, play it by ear. After all, its a NAR. I think most of the rest of those coming from SoCal, mostly Glenn Morgan & friends, are coming up Saturday.

Hope your civic duty gets fulfilled some other time, Mark!! Still planning on KC Fri AM.
Hey, we've got places to sleep, eat, and libate - the rest we can argue about while we libate, right? Of course, some of the possibilities are: 229, 58, the roads to and around Pozo, Peachy Canyon, 41 out of Creston, Santa Rosa Creek Rd.... Having been on a lot of the roads in the area, I'm confident we can put together some satisfying riding with little trouble.

Back