• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Not my ride - Cross Canada on an Eldorado

Lovely scenery indeed. I have always wanted to go across Canada precisely because it is "so far from here to anywhere", up there. My absolutely favorite riding is solo. I do only what I want to, when I want to, for as long or as short as I want to. I relish in the quiet and solitude.

What struck me the most was that this gentleman, sounds every day, as if he just took 5 valium before recording his blog. How lovely to be at that level of peace all the time, naturally. I want to age into being that guy so very badly.

Hopefully, I will succeed on that journey of life.

Thanks so much for sharing this. I really enjoyed it. 👌 🤞:)

And to top things off , I used to work for the fellow that helped him with getting it ready for the journey .
So much of the scenery was familiar . My last ( and so far only ) motorcycle trip across Canada was in
1970 on my BSA Lightning ! Not even a tent , 6 weeks on the road and all with a total of $245.00 . It
was cheaper then , coffee and blueberry pie every morning cost 25 cents . I should have a few stories to
tell also , if I can remember them :) . Peter

Well, I intend to do it next year.

I will be seeking advice and routes and maybe even short term riding buddies from you Canuks because I know literally nothing about Canada except that I want to go into the interior and not just Niagra Falls. :)

His route seemed pretty cool, if you don’t mind gravel !
I’ve been out west by train 45 years ago…Great trip, interesting to Winnipeg, then Borriiinnnggg through the Prairies until Calgary - the best was through the Rockies !

Coming up from Ohio, you would already be west of me From the start !
Unless you came east through the US, up to the Atlantic provinces and West from there ?

Oh that’s my idea precisely. East by northeast to basically Nova Scotia and the Altlantic ocean, then turn west across the entire land mass of Canada, to the Pacific Ocean.

I would like to them come back down into the US and head east on the northern top 1/3 of the US, all the way back to Ohio.

Keep in touch , I live in Burnaby B.C , very close to the coast and other fantastic ride destinations ! Peter
Coast to coast is one long haul , give yourself lots of time ! Chances are you'll only do this once :) !

In my younger days, I’ve made the West-East-West coastal run in the USA.

I was bold and full of energy back then. Routinely, I’d leave San Diego in the early am, ride to San Francisco for lunch, and then be home in time for dinner.

I cannot endure that anymore I’m sure. Slow and steady is my speed anymore. I like to enjoy the journey and being outside much more than arriving at a given destination as fast as possible.

These types are trips are long and that is what makes them fun to me.

Last edited:
Nice - my son and I did that road a few years back !
I thought the style if his house looked Very farmiliar -no wonder he lives around my neçk of the woods !
um, maybe a bit further south of my neck of the woods !

Last edited:
Back