• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Not-so quick release fuel line

Brubon

Just got it firing!
Anyone know a trick in disconnecting the "quick-release" fuel line from the tank? I didn't want to force it for fear of breaking something so tried twisting, pinching and other forms of coaxing until it accidentally released.
Thanks

You push the hose towards the tank fitting and at the same time pull the collar back towards the hose. Then you pull the hose off the right angled barb fitting on the tank while keeping the collar pulled back.

Pete

Me and Pete could not get mine off the griso, maybe the suggestion of releasing pressure will help, but we spent half an hour trying to disconnect the sucker, I was pissed, also, it came off easy on the side of the road when Todd E helped me fix it the first time, todd must have gooned it.....:)

i find putting a spanner in front of the hose collar helps, makes it a lot easier to push the collar back while your pushing on the hose to release it.
12mm is a good size to use.

-or using 2 flat nose pliers. One for support and one for pushing. I usually give the connector a spray of ptfe-oil before attempting.

The quick-release acts like a standard Cejn-compressor connector.

One thing I found was that even with the collar pushed towards the pipe to release it, the fitting can still be tight on the tube due to the friction of the O ring seal. Gentle pressure worked in my case.

londonrob wrote:
i find putting a spanner in front of the hose collar helps, makes it a lot easier to push the collar back while your pushing on the hose to release it.
12mm is a good size to use.

Yep, that was my solution after I'd fiddled with no success for 20 mins. Came off no probs.

> The quick-release acts like a standard Cejn-compressor connector.

Holt, this forum acts like a standard English-language board. No Klingon, please :silly:

Wiggling the spawn of the devil thing helped me......after 1/2 an hour giving it a good talking to and spraying some WD40 while working it back and forth....it practically fell off while I paused for breath.....grrrrr

Eric B)

Back