Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. The site owner Todd had surgery on Monday, and will be very slow to respond to all inquiries, including online Store questions.
  2. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  3. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Odd one - anyone got a Stucchi tail tidy?

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by GuzziHero, Feb 19, 2011.

1. steedtriple

steedtriple Just got it firing!

https://picasaweb.google.com/kent.dean/ ... directlink

The holes are aft of the luggage knobs. You might be able to tell by seeing where the bracket sits in some of my before/after pics above, but I can try to take a picture of the underside and post it tomorrow if it helps.

2. GuzziHero

GuzziHero Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Thanks for the info and pics. Your bike looks boss, I especially love those indicators!

I'll have another look at my bike but I am sure I couldn't mount it directly under the tail piece because the taillight was in the way. I'll have another look in a minute.

---
    Edit:

Yeah, I tried to fit it in those holes, and the end plate touches the tail light. The backmost holes as you face the bracket lined up, the front two did not. Even if I spaced it out to be the right distance to miss the tail light, I couldnt get close to lining up those front two.

Maybe its the fact mine is an 1100 and yours a 1200, but I doubt there would be any difference. Looks like another great idea ****ed up by Stucchi Luigi. They have a habit of doing that.

This is the clearance (its the same both sides) with the uppermost part of the Stucchi logo touching the tail light:
    [​IMG]

And this is the holes not lining up:
    [​IMG]

*sigh* Looks like I'll be sticking with a pair of Suzuki brackets to hold my indicators on!

3. steedtriple

I can't tell from the pics, but it is possible the 1100 and 1200 have different bolt patterns. Mine didn't line up 100%, but the bracket was flexible enough to brute force it to line up. I left all 4 bolts very loose until I got them all started.

Also, the bracket does barely touch the underside of the tail light on mine. I'm getting an error trying to upload the photos, so I added them to the album link in the previous post. Hope it works out bud!

4. GuzziHero

Thanks for the pics!

My 'Stucchi' piece has a sort of upward swoop to it, if not for that it would probably go on. Yours looks like the top stays flat. I may try to file mine down, I have nothing to lose.

Right now, I just have it mounted with a pair of right angle brackets which doesnt look too bad.

[​IMG]

5. steedtriple

I think what you did looks great. Not a huge fan of the stucchi bracket anyway. It works, but I wouldn't call it an elegant addition to the bike.

6. WitchCityBallabio

WitchCityBallabio Cruisin' Guzzisti

I like this one a lot

[​IMG]

7. GuzziHero

That isn't the one I have though.

I believe that it would not pass muster in the UK anyway, unless a seperate white or white-ish light was fitted to illuminate the plate.

8. rturo

rturo Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

great looking round mirrors - can you share the details

Art