• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Odd one - anyone got a Stucchi tail tidy?

Thanks for the info and pics. Your bike looks boss, I especially love those indicators!

I'll have another look at my bike but I am sure I couldn't mount it directly under the tail piece because the taillight was in the way. I'll have another look in a minute.

---
Edit:

Yeah, I tried to fit it in those holes, and the end plate touches the tail light. The backmost holes as you face the bracket lined up, the front two did not. Even if I spaced it out to be the right distance to miss the tail light, I couldnt get close to lining up those front two.

Maybe its the fact mine is an 1100 and yours a 1200, but I doubt there would be any difference. Looks like another great idea ****ed up by Stucchi Luigi. They have a habit of doing that.

This is the clearance (its the same both sides) with the uppermost part of the Stucchi logo touching the tail light:
DSCF2859.jpg

And this is the holes not lining up:
DSCF2860.jpg

*sigh* Looks like I'll be sticking with a pair of Suzuki brackets to hold my indicators on!

I can't tell from the pics, but it is possible the 1100 and 1200 have different bolt patterns. Mine didn't line up 100%, but the bracket was flexible enough to brute force it to line up. I left all 4 bolts very loose until I got them all started.

Also, the bracket does barely touch the underside of the tail light on mine. I'm getting an error trying to upload the photos, so I added them to the album link in the previous post. Hope it works out bud!

Thanks for the pics!

My 'Stucchi' piece has a sort of upward swoop to it, if not for that it would probably go on. Yours looks like the top stays flat. I may try to file mine down, I have nothing to lose.

Right now, I just have it mounted with a pair of right angle brackets which doesnt look too bad.

DSCF2744.jpg

I think what you did looks great. Not a huge fan of the stucchi bracket anyway. It works, but I wouldn't call it an elegant addition to the bike.

That isn't the one I have though.

I believe that it would not pass muster in the UK anyway, unless a seperate white or white-ish light was fitted to illuminate the plate.

steedtriple said:
https://picasaweb.google.com/kent.dean/Griso8VSE?authkey=Gv1sRgCJj0t4itt7yMcg&feat=directlink

The holes are aft of the luggage knobs. You might be able to tell by seeing where the bracket sits in some of my before/after pics above, but I can try to take a picture of the underside and post it tomorrow if it helps.

great looking round mirrors - can you share the details

Art

Back