• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Odometer error after battery re-install

Charles Maillet

Just got it firing!
Hi all, new Guzzi owner of a 2007 Breva V1100. I recently removed the battery for a re-charge and when I re-installed it, my lovely Breva went from 23,000 km to 631,000 km. Funny thing is, I don't remember putting on that extra 608,000kms. I've seen a few discussion mentioning this issue but didn't see a solution.
Anyone know how to fix this little problem?

Same thing happened to my Breva 1100. The odometer jumped over 40,000 kM and then froze. The trip meters carried on as if nothing had happened. I ended up replacing it with on from a 1200 Sport.

Were you able to set the new odometer to close to actual mileage?

No. I thought about setting up an electric motor driving the speedometer at a steady rate, then I could calculate when to stop it so the odometer matched what the bike had already done.

But there were just too many other variations that came into play, so instead I opted for just telling the purchaser up front what the real mileage was.

Hi all, new Guzzi owner of a 2007 Breva V1100. I recently removed the battery for a re-charge and when I re-installed it, my lovely Breva went from 23,000 km to 631,000 km. Funny thing is, I don't remember putting on that extra 608,000kms. I've seen a few discussion mentioning this issue but didn't see a solution.
Anyone know how to fix this little problem?

Since winter is approaching (if not already there) where your live, I suggest contacting the folks at Carmo to see if they can correct the issue since they do dash repair..

Update:
Sadly, they were not able to repair. They didn't charge me much and were able to reset the odometer to a more reasonable mileage reading. It mostly still works (I can go for a ride) but the fuel gauge and odometer are on the fritz. I did manage to find a new circuit board from Italy so will try that once it arrives. New dash ranged from $750-$1500Cdn. Circuit board (new with matching part numbers) $300Cdn on ebay.

Update. I re-installed the dash and verified that the odometer had indeed been reset by Carmo. Took it for a test ride and much to my surprise, the odometer is no longer frozen and seems to be working. Still may be an issue with the fuel gauge but after the initial ride, it did appear to be reading fuel level after shutting down and re-starting. Will keep an eye on that. Glad I have the new circuit board as a backup but Carmo may have inadvertently fixed my dash simply by resetting the odometer.

Great news!

If you never installed the new circuit board, you may just be experiencing a temporary working condition as the contacts may be conducting electricity but don't be surprised if it stops just as suddenly. Bad circuit boards can turn off and on several times just from vibration alone.

I will hope for the best for you!

Back