• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

OEM Stelvio NTX Heated Grips

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
I can't seem to get my heated grips to function on the 2012 NTX. I can see the function in the display when activated. I can't see any electrical feed to the grips. My assumption is this that these are not the heated grips. Could some one with a Canadian spec NTX post photos of the grips Left & Right to show the electrical feeds to each grip. I am assuming heated grip were an standard on the the NTX model for Canada.
Guzzi offers a (dealer installed option - so no instructions come with) factory heated grip kit; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/oem-heated-grips

Finding the connectors: Remove the left side cover and look for two small white connectors with a green wire and blue (w/black stripe) wire. Follow the large wire harness back feeling for unused connectors.

These are located on the left side of the frame, tucked into the harness, above the head by the frame down tube as shown below. The other white connector left of the two we are looking for is the factory connector for the fog lamps.

NTXGrips 1

The left side grip has it's own plastic tube with set screws and shown below. The right side requires removing the throttle cables, switch assembly/ The grips only work when the bike is running, so start up the bike to test.

NTXGrips 2

Last edited:
Nope. Everything for the heated grips is controlled by the dash, and handlebar switchgear, and it standard in the electronic dash of all the bikes, but no North America bikes came with heated grips as standard equipment. You have to cough up more money for that! :eek:

Heated grips are easy to tell as they have a wire going to them you can see at the junction of the grip and bar.

GUZ_heated%20grips%20983155.jpg

I was bummed to find the same - dash function via switch - but no grips

The previous Guzzi web site did spec the grips as standard for 2012 so I didn't think to check when I picked the bike up

Hi,

I just got my Stelvio last Saturday. I did order the heated grip from the dealer when I ordered the bike. They charge me 395$ (Cananadian) for it. I tried them yesterday evening and they work just great. :D

$395. Wow. Think I'll be doing it myself.
Again, anyone know where to get them from?

Actually I just found the one pictured above and they ring in at around $285 Canadian. Not cheap. I may get the locally obtainable heat film and wiring and delve into putting them under the grips.

motostrada.co.uk/bikeDetail.asp?prod=532

I got fitted a set of Oxford heated grips which cost £70 in UK which work just fine on my 2011 unit and use the Guzzi control switch and can see the three levels in the instrument clock. :eek:hmy:

You just have to change the connectors (or hot wire them to the existing connectors) on the OEM wires which are tucked up under the tank.

Do you have Oxford in USA/Canada?

UKstridey said:
I got fitted a set of Oxford heated grips which cost £70 in UK which work just fine on my 2011 unit and use the Guzzi control switch and can see the three levels in the instrument clock. :eek:hmy:

You just have to change the connectors (or hot wire them to the existing connectors) on the OEM wires which are tucked up under the tank.

Do you have Oxford in USA/Canada?

Oxford products are indeed sold in Canada. Oxford heated grips are stocked by "A Vicious Cycle" in New Dundee, Ontario. Here is a link: http://aviciouscycle.ca/mainpages/produ ... ductid=288

Cheers,

Bruce

Just had a chat with Aviciouscycle and that is definitely the way to go. Too bad it comes with all the extras like the controller but at that price, who's complaining.

Edit: They just sold me the grips only. $44 plus shipping.

Wanting to install the Oxfords. Do I need to remove the tank to find the grip wires?

"I got fitted a set of Oxford heated grips which cost £70 in UK which work just fine on my 2011 unit and use the Guzzi control switch and can see the three levels in the instrument clock. :eek:hmy:

You just have to change the connectors (or hot wire them to the existing connectors) on the OEM wires which are tucked up under the tank."

Hi, Thanks for this Can you help me understand better how to install these to the OEM button and control? Where is the connector and what do I need to do to install it?

Id appreciate guidance. I upgraded from my Norge 1200 to the Stelvio NTX, but it kind of made me mad that it has the controls but not the grips...

if someone has the specs, the wiring diagram or detailed directions?
They just sold me a pair, but only had the textured in stock without the rest of the controls. Being shipped tomorrow

judae1 said:
"I got fitted a set of Oxford heated grips which cost £70 in UK which work just fine on my 2011 unit and use the Guzzi control switch and can see the three levels in the instrument clock. :eek:hmy:

You just have to change the connectors (or hot wire them to the existing connectors) on the OEM wires which are tucked up under the tank."

Hi, Thanks for this Can you help me understand better how to install these to the OEM button and control? Where is the connector and what do I need to do to install it?

Id appreciate guidance. I upgraded from my Norge 1200 to the Stelvio NTX, but it kind of made me mad that it has the controls but not the grips...

Hi. I am no electrical wizard and got my dealer to fit them. Charged me about an hours labour as the tank had to come up/off to access the connectors for each grip here. The wires from the heated grips which are attached go to the two connectors under the tank. You will need different connectors as the Guzzi ones fitted on the loom are different to the Oxford or hot wire it? If you feel able to lift the tank up or off and can do some simple electric connections or change the originals then it will be simple to do but otherwise get your dealer to do it depending on pricing where you are. In UK Guzzi heated grips are about £180 plus fitting. Oxford grips you can pick up for about £70 and do come with the controller too so you can fit them independently and somewhat easier as you just pick up a switched live feed somewhere. However its an additional controller switch on the bars plus extra cabling and is not so neat!

Coulda sworn I covered this in detail somewhere. Anyhoo, here's the skinny. Did mine myself. Glad I didn't wait as I came over the Rockies into Denver and put them to good use. First was finding the wires. If you take off the front side panels, remove the seat and the cover where your balls rest (presuming your not a girl), remove the gauges set (four standard hex screws and two tiny Phillips, front center hex bolt and two rear 10mm bolts for tank, you should be able to lift and tilt the tank on the riders' left side where the plugs are. I still couldn't see them but by luck I was looking thru the frame on the left side where those two pain in the ass canister tubes are and bent them out of the way to just see the surperbly well hidden white connectors. Using a coathanger I was able to fish them out. As for removing the tank? I seriously think you would have to pull the fuel pump to take it right off.
The connectors, of course, don't match the Oxfords. Cut em and add, solder, tape a good 10 inches of wire to the Oxfords as they don't reach. Oxfords are marked Right because heated grips have different elements (or at least they should have) because of the throttle on the right. It doesn't matter how you wire them up. It's just power down there.
The left grip slips on OK but the right throttle has plastic fins sticking up and you'll have to trim those a bit to get it on.
Oxfords have sort of clunky wire connections coming out of the grip itself encased in some heavy rubber (which is a good thing) so on the left I set it just so that bit was flush with the heat switch. Seemed like a good position. On the right it has to be positioned so as you twist the throttle, nothing hangs up on the existing wires and cables. Mine clears by just a 1/4 inch. Zap strap them appropriately and your good to go. ;)
OK, here's a couple of pics for positioning:
IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

@Toadride - Thank you
I have auto custom guys doing it for me and I am getting nervous... This is helpful. He said he could not find the wires, but when I asked if he lifted the tank he said no. So.... I sent him these directions and I am praying now.
Much appreciated

Toadride said:
Coulda sworn I covered this in detail somewhere. Anyhoo, here's the skinny. Did mine myself. Glad I didn't wait as I came over the Rockies into Denver and put them to good use. First was finding the wires. If you take off the front side panels, remove the seat and the cover where your balls rest (presuming your not a girl), remove the gauges set (four standard hex screws and two tiny Phillips, front center hex bolt and two rear 10mm bolts for tank, you should be able to lift and tilt the tank on the riders' left side where the plugs are. I still couldn't see them but by luck I was looking thru the frame on the left side where those two pain in the ass canister tubes are and bent them out of the way to just see the surperbly well hidden white connectors. Using a coathanger I was able to fish them out. As for removing the tank? I seriously think you would have to pull the fuel pump to take it right off.
The connectors, of course, don't match the Oxfords. Cut em and add, solder, tape a good 10 inches of wire to the Oxfords as they don't reach. Oxfords are marked Right because heated grips have different elements (or at least they should have) because of the throttle on the right. It doesn't matter how you wire them up. It's just power down there.
The left grip slips on OK but the right throttle has plastic fins sticking up and you'll have to trim those a bit to get it on.
Oxfords have sort of clunky wire connections coming out of the grip itself encased in some heavy rubber (which is a good thing) so on the left I set it just so that bit was flush with the heat switch. Seemed like a good position. On the right it has to be positioned so as you twist the throttle, nothing hangs up on the existing wires and cables. Mine clears by just a 1/4 inch. Zap strap them appropriately and your good to go. ;)
OK, here's a couple of pics for positioning:
IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

Moto Guzzi Canada has adjusted the pricing on all accessories , eg. The heated grips in Canada are now $136.00, down from $375.00 !!!!!
I have a set on the way.

Back