• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

OEM tires on 2014 Norge?

Sgrabin

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hello, does anyone know the original brand and model of tires that Moto Guzzi used on the 2014 Norge? The one I am picking up next week has about 14,000 miles on it and I’m assuming it’s the original tires. I am trying to determine if I should order new rubber before taking the bike out a lot. They look in decent shape but I don’t want to push it. Thanks

Pirelli Angel GT A Spec. I believe, that's what my 2012 had. I replaced them at 12,500 miles a month after I bought the bike used. At 14,000 miles they will likely need replacing soon. I go through a set in about 9,000 miles.
After 2 sets of Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT I just bought a set of Pirelli Angel GT 2 A Spec. I love them so far.

Last edited:
Do yourself a favor and put new rubber on it.

You will then be fully aware of handling and the feelings generated by the motorcycle on the road and besides, nothing makes a motorcycle feel like new, like new shoes!

Congratulations!

Scott is certainly correct about the pleasure, satisfaction, and safety that come with a new pair of the right tires.

Comma but.

I nonetheless find it hard to believe that those are the originals. Might be, I suppose, if the PO was a light lad or lass and never rode that great machine "as intended." ;)

If the tires are, as you say, "in decent shape," you might also check out the date and other data based on this: https://www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycles/shopping-guides/what-do-motorcycle-tire-numbers-mean. Many similar decoding threads on the web.

If local, and the tires are newer than the date of sale (if known, and bearing in mind late-sale leftovers, a Moto Guzzi phenom of the first rank), I'd be inclined to wait and see. That would likely make the new tires later feel even better.

If, however, you are doing a LD fly&ride, I would lean -- safely :clap: -- toward installing new rubber before launching for home.

Best wishes on miles of smiles with that Norge. Mine is a joy.

Bill

P.S. Tire threads can be maddening, misleading, and a wa$te of more than time. That said, I enjoy reading them, especially when content is from known Guzzisti. Such "subjective" anecdata can be way more helpful than serious techspeak in motorag or web tests, especially as it's the (understandably) rare such compo that uses a Guzzi as the testing machine. FWIW, I have lot$ of tire$ on my Norge and other Guzzis. So far, the best of the lot for my Norge (and Griso) in every way important to me (with mileage being the least) are Michelin 4's in the GT versions (because I am not a "light lad" :giggle:). I have just had 5GT's mounted on it, but my first real road test will be early next month on the back roads of Virginia and W.V.

On the side wall of the tires you can find a little oval with numbers. Google it, it will show the month and year of manufacturing. Generally it is said to not exceed 5 years of age, but that said the magazine Motorrad took fresh and new 5 year old tires to the track and concluded there was no difference in dry or wet performance.
But 5 years in sunshine or indoor parking should make a difference so check for cracks and squared profile and then make a decision

On the side wall of the tires you can find a little oval with numbers. Google it, it will show the month and year of manufacturing. Generally it is said to not exceed 5 years of age, but that said the magazine Motorrad took fresh and new 5 year old tires to the track and concluded there was no difference in dry or wet performance.
But 5 years in sunshine or indoor parking should make a difference so check for cracks and squared profile and then make a decision

As a mechanic who mounts tires literally everyday, I can assure you that there is a HUGE difference between newly manufactured tires and 5 year old ones, even if they have been stored indoors.

Old tires lose their pliability and become stiff and the sidewalls get very rigid. Often time, I have to resort to a host of tricks to get the damn things just to seat the bead on a rim. It’s quite maddening sometimes.

Conversely, new rubber mounts so easily and beautifully. It’s truly night and day.

I’ve gotten to the point where I can very accurately gauge the age of a tire just by holding it in my hands and squeezing it.

I would just throw a set of new rubber on it as you don't know if they have been repaired and for a couple of hundred quid it's piece of mind

Back