• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Oh No - Not Tires

Every customer I mount Shinko 777’s on, just loves them without exception. They are the #1 tire choice of my heavyweight Harley-Davidson customers and cost less than half the price of Harley-Davidson branded Dunlops.
I mounted a Shinko 777 on the rear of my 1400 for a round trip from TX to CA. A good deal of it was super slab with cruise on 75mph, but I did ride up through the mountain twisties near Prescott, AZ and some in New Mexico. I'm very pleased with this tire. 3,000 miles so far, and very good handling and no noticeable tread wear.

looks like they don't make the Shinko 777 in 200/60-16. I like having that big tire on the bike being its usually the second question people ask me about the bike ;)

looks like they don't make the Shinko 777 in 200/60-16. I like having that big tire on the bike being its usually the second question people ask me about the bike ;)

For the 1400's you would have to use the Shinko

SE890 JOURNEY TOURING RADIAL​

It comes in a 200/55R16 so it is 110mm tall vs the 120mm tall of the 200/60 (200*.60 vs 200*.55) but the width is exactly the same (200 mm).

The Journey front does come in exactly the OEM size of 130/70-18

This may go against common suggestions here , but the 180 mm tires on the Eldorado make
for a generally nicer handling bike . Unless of course the 180 mm tire is outside the suggested
range of tire widths on that rim width . Peter

This may go against common suggestions here , but the 180 mm tires on the Eldorado make
for a generally nicer handling bike . Unless of course the 180 mm tire is outside the suggested
range of tire widths on that rim width . Peter
I've been preaching this here since late 2014 on the 6.0" rear rim. Magical transformation.

Every customer I mount Shinko 777’s on, just loves them without exception. They are the #1 tire choice of my heavyweight Harley-Davidson customers and cost less than half the price of Harley-Davidson branded Dunlops.
I have to agree, I put my rear 777 tire on over 5000 miles ago and have at least another 1000 miles left, and I just put on the front 777 tire and noticed a great improvement over the previous Bridgestone Excedra that I retired with over 8000 miles. Great value and performance.

Well I decided to stay with Metzeler being thats what I have on the back ( with only 1000 miles on it ).
The front isn't worn out but its now 4yrs old and starting to get some cupping so on with a new one and I'm going to go and try the ceramic balancing beads and see how that works out.
Front tire

I have to agree, I put my rear 777 tire on over 5000 miles ago and have at least another 1000 miles left, and I just put on the front 777 tire and noticed a great improvement over the previous Bridgestone Excedra that I retired with over 8000 miles. Great value and performance.
So I finally burned through my first Shinko 777 180/65-16 and I got a little over 7000 miles out of it. Very happy considering it's half the price of most other tires ($160). Handling and traction has been great both dry and wet. I also have the 777 on the front now and equally impressed at $130. The tire has a very round profile so when you first ride it into a turn it feels like the bike wants to tip over, in contrast at the end of it's life that profile has a flat spot now and when you lean into a turn there is a noticeable ridge that feels like the tire has slipped as you roll past that worn area onto the sidewall. I'll comment on the miles for the front tire when it's time. I'm averaging about 2000 miles a month so I expect to be replacing the set around October so I have fresh rubber for the colder weather

Attachments

• 20220805_173605.jpg
    20220805_173605.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 6
And for the record, I have several big mile riders getting 25-30k miles on Dunlop American Elites in stock front and 180/65 rear sizes.

Huh!
I only got about 2k miles on my rear Metzeler before i ran over something sharp on the interstate. And I only got about 100miles on my front Metzeler before some clown on a Harley pulled out in front of me!
Yeah, I'm definitely gonna have to look at buying a better tire brand :think:
Wreck front tire

Huh!
I only got about 2k miles on my rear Metzeler before i ran over something sharp on the interstate. And I only got about 100miles on my front Metzeler before some clown on a Harley pulled out in front of me!
View attachment 26074
Good to see you haven't lost your sense of humour :)

Huh!
View attachment 26074

I could be mistaken but I’m pretty sure that rim might have a small leak in her.

It might not keep the air in reliably.

I could be mistaken though …

😜

And for the record, I have several big mile riders getting 25-30k miles on Dunlop American Elites in stock front and 180/65 rear sizes.
The AE's are Bias ply tires, not radials. Doesn't it make a difference?

Back