• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Oh no. What have I done to my Mille.

Just Dan

Just got it firing!
I had a reasonable nice running Mille GT

I noticed that the clutch boss was grabbing and the gearbox had slow weep. The guzzi has slowly disappeared before my eyes.

Now looks like this. I have removed the Mille/ Cali flywheel and replacing it with a lighter one off a Le Mans. Measuring the clutch plates. Looks like they where on the last legs. Better to do this at home, instead of on the road some where. The big question is. Will the Guzzi make it back togeather?

The deeper I go. the more I find that needs fixing. The cam chain has quite alot of free play. I also have a Euro Moto Electric alternator to go in as sitting there on the bench to replace the Saprisa alternator.

Most things I have found so far, have been butchered. So, I decided to bite the bullet and put the Guzzi off the road and fix things that need doing once and for all. Fingers crossed this is all I need to do for the next 60,000 miles.

I am hoping the le mans fly wheel at half the weight and the same weight as an 80's airhead. Will help with riding smoother.

The saprisa electrics have slowly wound down and needs over 3000 rpm before cracking 13.8v. Being a cool climate, the spanish electrics cannot handle having the lights on with heated handlebar grips and zumo without the battery slowly draining.

Hopefully the euro moto electrics with power all the extras. It sure does work on my RS. Too well in fact. Keeps blowing indicator bulbs when at highway speeds.

Here is a close up of a standard Guzzi set up

Minus cam chain and sprockets with the original tensioner in place.

New cam chain (Regina c221cs-jws-74 ) and valtek tensioner

Euro moto electric alternator fitted. Notice how pitted and covered grease the engine is for a low mileage bike

LM 4/5 Flywheel fitted with new bolts.

Hello, what's going ere then? And where I am up to at the moment

Shiny newly painted fairing

I had a bit of a crack this afternoon. Nice shiny silver engine and gearbox

There is no easy short cut to engine cleaning. I placed the engine on a work bench to raise the engine to easy work height.

I used chemtech ct18 and spray can degreaser with a tooth brush and other hard bristle brushes. The trick is not to try and do it all in one go. It would drive you insane. When you think that you are just about finished. Use a clean rag with some thinners / white spirit to remove the last of the grease. I used a fine scriber to get into the nooks.

I used a single pak etch primer followed by KBS coatings motorcoater. https://www.kbs-coatings.com/motor-coater.htm. Their Aluminum is a matt finish. I added some hi temp gloss clear into the silver on the final coat.

Back