• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Oil Change Filler Bolt Allen Size

Gutsy

Just got it firing!
Left my bike at a friend’s place and am going there tomorrow to do an oil change.

Has anyone done their oil change themselves and do you remember if the filler bolt Allen size is 10mm or 12mm?

I’ve looked down at that bolt countless times and from memory it’s seems like 10mm, maybe 12mm.

Just want to bring the right tools for the oil change tomorrow.

Oh and the torque spec is supposedly 2Nm, which is not even hand tight!

I guess you just need to slightly compress the o-ring seal, and that’s it.

That is plenty of torque! Look at:

1. Where it is located.

2. What is it holding? It’s not the motorcycle “master bolt” 😆.

The #1 hands-down winner of constantly overtorqued bolts are oil plugs! 🤦‍♂️

They are always the undisputed king of way over tightening by owners. Please don’t be that guy. 😄👍👌🙏

I just completed my first oil change and decided to use the oil filler port as shown above. The o-ring on the plug fits into a recess and the bolt itself has a very large landing area. I found the plug to be at an awkward angle and had to resort to a breaker bar to get it loose. I figured it must have been way over-torqued at the factory. Nope. Put it back in at the spec torque and the yellow factory marks lined up.

I found the bolt to be made of cheese, so be careful...ask me how I know :wasntme: . Next oil fill will be through the 'late addition to the bike' dipstick port (ON THE CENTER STAND) - much easier, and you can check the level as you go - prior to taking the bike for a 10-mile ride per the owner manual ...like a dealership does that, right!

I'd forgotten what a joy dropping the filter out from under a Guzzi was compared to a cartridge. Some things never change.

BTW the dealer did the 900 miler, at ~6,000 miles the gear shifting was not great, upshift 1>2>3 and the mega clunk was fully back N>1 (the Stelvio has had the gear box redesigned to ease shifting or so I read, so MG recognized an opportunity there it would seem). Straight downshift top to bottom - smooth. It made for an improvement, so every 5,000 miles from now on. I'm guessing this is the first modern Guzzi that combines the engine and tranny lube?

Swarf and metallic 'paste' on the magnetic drain plug. Hopefully, less the next time around.
PXL 20240314 222422819 PXL 20240314 222504780

Still lovin' it though.

T2

Back