Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Oil Filter for Nevada Classic ?

Discussion in 'Small Block' started by dinamasu, Feb 13, 2009.

1. dinamasu

dinamasu Just got it firing!

I just bought an used 2005 Nevada Classic. In fact, it is still 450 miles away in my uncle's garage. I plan on going to pick it up in March and ride it home. Anyway my question: Is there any oil filter that can be for a 2005 Nevada Classic other than the MG? I change my own oil and would like a source for oil filters or do I just get them from the nearest dealer.

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I think you are pretty much going to have to use the OEM type UFI filter. They are available at a good price form MG cycle. http://www.mgcycle.com/

BTW, I replace the cover o-ring when I replace the filter. Cheap insurance to prevent a leak.

3. dinamasu

john zibell wrote:
    Thanks. I have already talked to MG Cycle about the Hepco and Becker luggage and the center stand for the Nevada. It looks like that outfit may be the one that I need to contact for any parts for the Nevada.

4. draidt

draidt GT Reference GT Contributor

dinamasu wrote:
    Moto International in Seattle 206.297.3822 Greg, MPH in Texas 1-866-746-1182 Todd H.
    and Harper's in Mo 800 752 9735 Mike or Curtis are other sources.

Having been around Guzzi's for 20+ years I appreciate all of them for being there and spread my business around and pretty much know who is likely to have a certain part in stock.

MG in one on my list also and they all will help you with a problem over the phone.

5. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Don, welcome to the Forum! Looks like you got your question answered.

Where is your Nevada residing now? L.A. or North of you?

When you pick it up, be sure to snap some photos and send them and your info for the Registry as seen HERE -- Nevadas are towards the bottom, and I only have two as you'll see.

Info/Photos to me direct e-mail; Todd at GuzziTech.com or PM me here for more info.

6. Fader

Fader Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi- www.motoguzziclassics.com in Long Beach, CA has Small Block mechanical parts as well. The Nevada is a great bike, I like it even better than the Breva 750.

7. dinamasu

RacerX wrote:
    Right now it is in Oceanside, CA {near Camp Pendleton}. I plan on riding it back via I-15 to US 395 to Hwy 58 to Bakersfield. Then either Hwy 99 or cut over to I-5 {actually riding back on Hwy 33} through Wasco. It is about 45 miles further than riding through LA, but I think the air may be a little cleaner on my planned route. :)