• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Oil leak fiks on my jackal

Bartje Jackal

Just got it firing!
GT Contributor
Karma is a bitch as they say 🙈. Bin quite lucky. Was on a road trip in the south of Belgium last weekend when at some point I still had pressure in the rear brake but bike wasn’t slowing down when I touched the rear brake, so pulled over to find out that the entire rear of the bike was covered in oil 🙈. Checked the oil level and still was a bit above minimum so took the risk to drive carefully a couple of km to the campsite we’re i have a caravan parked up for the summer. After quick examination I could see it was coming out of the small hole from the belly house so I knew straight away what to doo🙈. Trailerd the bike home to find out that the paint was coming loose around the petcock connection, so fuel leak on the tank 🤬. Removed the paint but couldn’t find the spot immediately so it’s probably a small leak, after some search on the internet I found a tank in really good condition for a fair price coming of a Ev👍. Engine removed, found the broken gasket, new one, including main sail delivered, waiting on new clutch plates while we were in there and they definitely had some burnt oil on them. While it’s all out, cleaning the gearbox and engine as it started to look like a chain driven bike 🙈. Ordered a flash tool for the ecu @ Todd , new injectors installed, new brake pads are waiting to go in so bike will be ready for a 3 week road trip 23 June to the south of Spain 👍👍

Attachments

• IMG_4027.jpeg
    IMG_4027.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4026.jpeg
    IMG_4026.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 16
  • 70661483405__08C62AD9-8E49-4A29-A260-C8D087247684.jpeg
    70661483405__08C62AD9-8E49-4A29-A260-C8D087247684.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4014.jpeg
    IMG_4014.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4016.jpeg
    IMG_4016.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4017.jpeg
    IMG_4017.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4013.jpeg
    IMG_4013.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 823abed0-609e-4995-94dd-1e1bab31429c.jpeg
    823abed0-609e-4995-94dd-1e1bab31429c.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 19
Looks like you did it the hard way. Look up crabbing the frame. Also if you replace the plates, also replace the hub gear. You will need some special tools to remove the hub gear and to install the clutch plates. Service manuals are in the downloads and as a contributor you have access.

Looks like you did it the hard way. Look up crabbing the frame. Also if you replace the plates, also replace the hub gear. You will need some special tools to remove the hub gear and to install the clutch plates. Service manuals are in the downloads and as a contributor you have access.
Tool for the clutch plates I have, hub gear is like new🤷🏽‍♂️

Tool for the clutch plates I have, hub gear is like new🤷🏽‍♂️
Even if the hub looks good I believe in replacing clutch plates and hub at the same time. Dissimilar wear patterns can cause issues. With the labor involved, I replace everything I can when the gearbox is separated from the engine because of the labor involved in separating and putting everything back together.

I’m with John 1000%.

The cost and labor in disassembly is so extensive that whenever I tear down to that level, literally everything gets renewed because I never want to crack open or crab a motorcycle more than 1 time.

I wholeheartedly agree.
Do it once-properly.
You can't put a value on piece of mind. Think of it this way: Those components have all done the same amount of work.

Okay new clutch plates and hub gear installed, just to find out that the pressure axle with the little bearing and the satellite (don’t know the right English term for this 🙈) has seen better days (explain the “ducati” noise the clutch was making)🙈. So ordered all that new.
Any suggestions what is making the damage to the axle? I presume that it was not adjusted correct on the pivot lever at the backw of the gear box? ( tho tight 🤷🏽‍♂️?)

Attachments

• IMG_4041.jpeg
    IMG_4041.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4042.jpeg
    IMG_4042.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4043.jpeg
    IMG_4043.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 10
That, is an ex bearing
(Said like a Monty Python sketch)

It’s amazing the cages disintegrate like that. I’ve lost two scooter engines from rod bearing failure when the cages fell apart.

Bartje, that is a throw out bearing. As for the push rod, that would be anyone's guess. When you get it all together, you want the bearing portion of the clutch arm to be at 90 degrees to the pushrod when the clutch lever is pulled in.

Back