Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - we've been proud to harbor such wonderful Guzzisti camaraderie since 2005, for FREE. Times have changed, and so have the attitudes and expectations of far too many. Starting Jan 1, 2020, we will likely be shifting to a pay to participate format. You will still be able to read for free. This should alleviate all of the opinionated negativity that the free social media channels have created. If you are a donor or customer of ours, you're in, just use the Contact tab above if your account is not already promoted, or you can Upgrade your account once signed in. Or the Donate tab above is another option. We look forward to continuing this service to the Guzzi community, but it is not cheap or easy to host and maintain. We wish you the best for the Holidays and in the New Year.

Oil level view/see through plastic plug fell into motor

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by James Kenjorski, Apr 28, 2019.

1. James Kenjorski

James Kenjorski Just got it firing!

Kind of hard to believe it happened. I pressed on the gear box oil viewer on the side of the motor to clean off while doing an oil change on my 1400 California Custom and it fell inside the motor (I'm making this up). Any ideas on how to get it out?

Thanks,

James

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  2. groundhog105

groundhog105 Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Your jokeing of course. There is no oil viewer on the gear box. Only a fill plug and drain plug. If your talking about the plastic plug it’s just a cover for the hole that gives a view of the flywheel. I wouldn’t worry about the plastic plug doing any damage but replace the plug so water or anything else doesn’t go in.

Didier and Bill Hagan like this.
  3. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT Contributor

If he's talking of that plug, it'll fall out the square cut-out under the bell housing. Usually all chewed up.

Bill Hagan likes this.
  4. north2south

north2south Just got it firing! GT Contributor

I did that last year. The engine spit the pieces out the same hole. I ordered a new one. It was not as soft a rubber as the original.

5. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan GT Reference GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    They usually turn rock-hard over time while in place.

Boil 'em in water and they are pliable again. Learned that trick here, I think.

Bill

6. MikeT68

MikeT68 Just got it firing!