Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Oil pan paint is going away....

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by Matias, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Matias

Matias Tuned and Synch'ed

Hello everybody,

The gravel comming from the front wheel of my Griso 1100 is sand blasting the paint away from the engine oil pan :( ...
    Any good hints on how to avoid this?

Thx guys...

2. kampe

kampe Cruisin' Guzzisti

Have had the same problem. thought i could remove the old paint with paint remover but it's 2 component paint so nothing happened. cleaned it up and repainted it during winter stop.

You could mount a fender extender i guess.

3. Matias

Hello Kampe, thx for the feed back!

I guess I could but it would look terrible...

4. Phang

Phang Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

not too bad actually...

[​IMG]

5. commando tod

commando tod Cruisin' Guzzisti

I fitted a fender extender long after thepaint was blasted away. It keeps most of the road crap off, doesn't look out of place, cos its such a close fit, but life before the extender was never a problem.

6. Matias

Hello guys,

In fact it looks much better than I expected....
    Is this a original Guzzi extender or is it comming from some accessory market company?

7. Phang

Phang Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I bought mine direct from Pyramid Plastics UK.

The fitting is very good but I am not too impressed by the self tapping screws and double sided tapes that came with the fender extender.

I replaced them with 3M double sided tape and button head inner hex bolts coupled with nylock nuts. A little silicon sealant on the inside joint/edge will stop muddy water seeping past it.

[​IMG]

I just realised they have "carbon fiber" version now.

[​IMG]

8. jiltedjohn

jiltedjohn Cruisin' Guzzisti

Yes got mine from pyramid , hardly notice its there with the black front mudguard/fender

9. vivo

vivo Cruisin' Guzzisti

A simple solution to the paint problem is to touch it up with a rattle can. It's no as if this is a high visibility area. I touch up all my bikes, it's called detailing. Fastener centers can rust or oxidize but a dab of black or silver makes it good again.

Vivo

10. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan GT Reference GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    Agree re t/u paint if it bothers you; I view it, tho, as in the "chicks dig scars" sort of honorable wear & tear category.

I didn't bother with the screws on the extender. It's still there with just the adhesive.

Bill