• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Oil Pressure Gauge Kit - ALL

I am:

• Very interested

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • Possibly interested

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Not at all

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
To those who have seen the Norge oil pump failure?! thread, I will be assembling a bolt-on kit (which will fit most all big block Guzzis), that will offer several gauge options or be available without one. Cost of the kit should be ~$99 USD with a gauge, less without. Also, post below not only if you're interested by casting a vote above, but let me know if you would need a mounting option (bar or otherwise), etc. Thanks for your input in advance.

Todd, I and Draidt (see above) both have V7 Classics. How about one for the smallblocks? Note that my bike is naked, so I request a mount for that.

Rather than installing an oil pressure sensor, can we pirate the oil pressure signal from the engine? It would make things easier overall.

Joe

sign216 said:
Todd, I and Draidt (see above) both have V7 Classics. How about one for the smallblocks? Note that my bike is naked, so I request a mount for that.

Rather than installing an oil pressure sensor, can we pirate the oil pressure signal from the engine? It would make things easier overall.

Joe

If you can come up with one for the small block I am in but would still like to retain the idiot light as it is very prominent on the V7C dash
Handle bar mounted

I can wish and hope ! :mrgreen:

Guys, I think one can be easily made to fit the small block too. Can one/both of you send me a photo of what is going on in between the 'V'? I have two ideas, one involves the existing pressure switch (yes, you can retain it as well Dan), and one does not. The latter cannot be used on the high-mount alternator big blocks.

GT-Rx said:
Guys, I think one can be easily made to fit the small block too. Can one/both of you send me a photo of what is going on in between the 'V'? I have two ideas, one involves the existing pressure switch (yes, you can retain it as well Dan), and one does not. The latter cannot be used on the high-mount alternator big blocks.

Well the only way to get to the Oil Pressure switch is to remove the tank and airbox, It sticks up vertical on the block toward the left hand jug and about even with the back of the jug. Best I can do as a camera picture will not work where it is located unless the tank and AB are off.

Thanks guys, I'm going to proceed with the project. All of the newer bikes will get a machined piece that will thread into the block, and the stock sensor into it. I can supply the gauge or not... I'll offer a few options.
I'm probably going to make up enough for ~20 kits or so. Speak up now if interested.

I'm in for a Norge fairing mount. That is, when I get my engine rebuilt. Waiting to hear back on autopsy from MotoNexus. I dropped it off with them last Saturday but it is in line behind an RSV4 engine replacement!

gone for possible on the voting button .. needs to be a non-Norge mount version..

once more details known expect to be a definate... happy to give a deposit before you have to start purchasing the parts in bulk like the PCV

Thanks for doing the leg work on this Todd

Art
B1100

Thanks Steven and Art. The kit will offer quite a few options including a non-fairing mount for everything outside of a Norge, to fit Breva, Sport, Griso, V7C, etc.

GT-Rx said:
Thanks Steven and Art. The kit will offer quite a few options including a non-fairing mount for everything outside of a Norge, to fit Breva, Sport, Griso, V7C, etc.

Put me down for V7C kit also Todd

I would be interested in one for the Stelvio as long as the idiot light was still functional.

Where would you mount the guage though? I already have a Bigtex GPS mount hogging the space between the handle bar mount.

Back