• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Oil Pressure Gauge Kit - ALL

I am:

• Very interested

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • Possibly interested

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Not at all

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters
Tod,
How do I get one? Will the adapter allow enough room for an electric guage sender? I'm going to install the guage on my breva 1100.

X,
Just saw this, and this after I posted my own want/need of one.

Mostly I've been wanting to put one on my 76 Lemans in that spot where most stock vintage Guzzi's key switch
would be found... in the V-valley imbetween the end of the v7, SP3 & Lemans fuel tank and the top triple tree.

One, my bike could really use one (so I notice low pressure before I blow her up)
And more importantly, two: It would finish off that vintage Cafe Racer dash look, since I moved
my Tack, MPH, and Key custom v7 style.
But it would have to be one that looks the part, a true hot rod gage.

Of course it would be great to have on the v11 and the GB aswell, but where and what not so important
finish wise other than visable when at speed.

Count me in. Aloha.
el jedi

I used a twin contact sender (earth to gauge as well as sensor to gauge) like vdo make -it's important to get one which matches the frequency of the gauge- screwed into a 3-way brass block- ensure that it has the right thread sizes for your model's crankcase & standard oil pressure sensor (-it's good to still have the red light on your dash, even if it is unreliable & inadequate) I think all Guzzis are the same thread -can't find it in my emails but probably you'll find it on Greg Bender's site. Fitting this all together in space between motor & frame is a bit awkward, & first run I had a leak -next time I used ptfe tape at start of the sensor thread, and thread locking solution in the last few threads. I'll try to photograph the botchery tomorrow & put it up here.

DWRDeep said:
I used a twin contact sender (earth to gauge as well as sensor to gauge) like vdo make -it's important to get one which matches the frequency of the gauge- screwed into a 3-way brass block- ensure that it has the right thread sizes for your model's crankcase & standard oil pressure sensor... I'll try to photograph the botchery tomorrow & put it up here.
Excellent, please do. Last time I checked in on this thread, there was only a small few interested. I'll probably just post up my idea and parts list, as I've been buried in ECU magic.

Highly interested
V7classic
but waiting for prices and such (like sending to Belgium)

Christiaan

I am interested in one for my Stevio. Do you have a oil temp guage as well?

DWR, nice work. What do you think of using a dual pole sender made for gauges + idiot lights, instead of a standard sender? The dual pole sender has a second electrical contact to supply signal for the oil light, as well as the regular gauge. That way I don't have to use the brass T to accomodate both the sender and the factory pressure sensor. I can fit the dual pole sender directly in, and forget the T and the OEM pressure unit. I've got a V7C, and with the smallblocks there's very little room in that area to work with.

In retrospect, there might not be enough room, even with the big blocks, to replace the factory pressure unit with a bulky gauge sender. From you photos it looks like you need some "stand off" room from the head, supplied by the brass T, to fit everything. Is that right?
Joe

Cheers Joe -it's a bit scruffy around the sender, I know -only partly because of the space problem you mention. Yes, you definitely need to take a tape measure to the bits you plan to fit before you get your wallet out! A mate has suggested refitting the sender somewhere else, with a feed pipe teeing from one of the pipes which get oil to the heads. Any experts know whether that's feasable?
Dual pole -I thought that was what I've used, but on mine the other pole is for the earth to the gauge... if you can get such a sender, sounds great news -the normal pressure sensors are so prone to failure that I'd go for that, if fitting is possible...

DWR, I'm traveling, so I can't check my bike, but I don't think the smallblocks have enough room for anything but the stock pressure switch, which is a real shame. Your friend's idea of a feed pipe to put the sender in a better location might work, but I don't want to complicate things. It would increase the possibilities for failure.

I'm open to suggestions. Surely there is a 750 owner with a oil gauge out there.

I've just looked at my old V50 & there's plenty of room on that (well, in comparison to a Cali) because oil switch is rear of the cylinders & central -mind you I've moved some electrical bits to fit underneath a (non-standard) tank, can't even remember where they were before (that was about 25 years ago) so that may affect what you find possible on yours when you get to it...

DWR,

Can you give me an approximate size of the sending unit, so I can see what will fit on my smallblock. On-line sources don't have that data, as it's not an issue in most applications.

Joe

GT-Rx said:
To those who have seen the Norge oil pump failure?! thread, I will be assembling a bolt-on kit (which will fit most all big block Guzzis), that will offer several gauge options or be available without one. Cost of the kit should be ~$99 USD with a gauge, less without. Also, post below not only if you're interested by casting a vote above, but let me know if you would need a mounting option (bar or otherwise), etc. Thanks for your input in advance.

Well;

Your can't rely on those bigblocks, can you?
For the fun of it, could be of interrest for the 750 Breva. :p

sign216 said:
DWR,

Can you give me an approximate size of the sending unit, so I can see what will fit on my smallblock. On-line sources don't have that data, as it's not an issue in most applications.

Joe
it's about 40mm diameter by about the same -some are slightly bigger so it's better to buy from a factor than online, if you have one nearby. Most suppliers will answer an email tho', surely...

Back