• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Once again, Todd saves the day!

Pete BoBeet

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Famiglia
Part One (with Part Two to follow in the near future): On a motorcycle trip down the Pacific Coast Highway with my brother-in-law a couple of weeks ago, my 2014 California Tourer (I am the third owner) suddenly died and had a nasty red light and a SERVICE warning I had never seen before. Pulled over, turned off the key, and had a quick look see. Not running hot, oil level good, nothing smoking, what the heck? Would not turn over. Jumped it with one of those small Costco battery jumpers, fired up, still showed the warning, but decided to luck it and run it a tad more to a safer pullover spot. Died again within a quarter mile in front of a big wide spot in the road. Called the tow service. Asked them if there was a Guzzi shop nearby. Closest one would not even look at it: "Your bike is so big it won't fit in my shop with the other bikes. No time to work on it." But then I remembered, I was just north of Malibu and Todd offers the option of picking up bikes for service there! Emailed him in desperation. Todd replied IMMEDIATELY and gave me the drop off location. Tow truck took me there while my bro followed on his bike. Todd met us there on a Friday afternoon (!) and we loaded the bike into his van. Point number one: Thank you, Todd! Point number two: How lucky was I that arguably the most knowledgeable Guzzi mechanic on the West Coast (at the very, very least) was only a few miles from my bike breakdown? Point number three: Was it an act of fate that I had just the week before squeezed the trigger on buying a GTM polished tour exhaust system and the Power Commander setup and a new air filter and had asked Todd to hold them at his shop until I could make arrangements to get there? (Yes, Pete, the Universe wants you to have a killer bike.) Listen, guys, while I think we can agree that Todd appears cool, composed and helpful online, let me chime in that he is WAY cooler and composed and helpful in person, and from what I have read on the Forum, those who have had the pleasure of meeting him agree, so bear with me for singing this man's praises. He totally helped me out in a jam, for which I am deeply grateful, and now, very soon, my bike will run way better. So, I will post more information on that in the near future.
P.S., turns out the bike died because of a loose battery cable that I had tightened only 400 miles before so, yeah, don't be a dummy like I was, forgetting what I have always checked every time a car died on me or a friend, check the basics, eh? And Todd confirmed that the alternator fix had been done, so that is one less worry. And...I will get my bike back transformed and it was totally worth it. Thanks for letting me share!

Very welcome Pete, always happy to be of help to local Guzzisti, especially those in a bind. Really appreciate the post... and wait to you get your bike back soon in "beast" mode. ;)

Pete BoBeet……you won’t be disappointed with your decision.
I had a brake recall done on my 2017 California 1400 and the mechanic rode the bike round the block after the recal.
What have you done to that bike?
Where did the exhaust come from?
It pulls so cleanly!…….that is really cool!

I told him about GTM in the States and their long California exhaust system…..the SAS mods and fuelling …..all down to a bloke called Todd"……..wish I could take the credit…..but I can’t

regards
Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

Pete BoBeet……you won’t be disappointed with your decision.
I had a brake recall done on my 2017 California 1400 and the mechanic rode the bike round the block after the recal.
What have you done to that bike?
Where did the exhaust come from?
It pulls so cleanly!…….that is really cool!

I told him about GTM in the States and their long California exhaust system…..the SAS mods and fuelling …..all down to a bloke called Todd"……..wish I could take the credit…..but I can’t

regards
Gavin
The Scottish Engineer
Gavin, thank you for sharing your story! It has also been my experience that a good mechanic will ALWAYS appreciate someone else's great running machine and start asking questions! We do take pride in our bikes! Ride safely, my friend.

Part One (with Part Two to follow in the near future): On a motorcycle trip down the Pacific Coast Highway with my brother-in-law a couple of weeks ago, my 2014 California Tourer (I am the third owner) suddenly died and had a nasty red light and a SERVICE warning I had never seen before. Pulled over, turned off the key, and had a quick look see. Not running hot, oil level good, nothing smoking, what the heck? Would not turn over. Jumped it with one of those small Costco battery jumpers, fired up, still showed the warning, but decided to luck it and run it a tad more to a safer pullover spot. Died again within a quarter mile in front of a big wide spot in the road. Called the tow service. Asked them if there was a Guzzi shop nearby. Closest one would not even look at it: "Your bike is so big it won't fit in my shop with the other bikes. No time to work on it." But then I remembered, I was just north of Malibu and Todd offers the option of picking up bikes for service there! Emailed him in desperation. Todd replied IMMEDIATELY and gave me the drop off location. Tow truck took me there while my bro followed on his bike. Todd met us there on a Friday afternoon (!) and we loaded the bike into his van. Point number one: Thank you, Todd! Point number two: How lucky was I that arguably the most knowledgeable Guzzi mechanic on the West Coast (at the very, very least) was only a few miles from my bike breakdown? Point number three: Was it an act of fate that I had just the week before squeezed the trigger on buying a GTM polished tour exhaust system and the Power Commander setup and a new air filter and had asked Todd to hold them at his shop until I could make arrangements to get there? (Yes, Pete, the Universe wants you to have a killer bike.) Listen, guys, while I think we can agree that Todd appears cool, composed and helpful online, let me chime in that he is WAY cooler and composed and helpful in person, and from what I have read on the Forum, those who have had the pleasure of meeting him agree, so bear with me for singing this man's praises. He totally helped me out in a jam, for which I am deeply grateful, and now, very soon, my bike will run way better. So, I will post more information on that in the near future.
P.S., turns out the bike died because of a loose battery cable that I had tightened only 400 miles before so, yeah, don't be a dummy like I was, forgetting what I have always checked every time a car died on me or a friend, check the basics, eh? And Todd confirmed that the alternator fix had been done, so that is one less worry. And...I will get my bike back transformed and it was totally worth it. Thanks for letting me share!
Hello, fellow riders. I wanted to update my 5/19/22 post so I do not appear to join the ranks of the Drive-by Posters. Regrettably, I have experienced a swarm of unrelated events that have called me away from my '14 Cal Touring bike since then. I have not even ridden it to the 50-100 mile mark that Todd suggested before connecting to the PC-V and sending him the file to dial-in. But soon, my friends, soon...

Hello, fellow riders. I wanted to update my 5/19/22 post so I do not appear to join the ranks of the Drive-by Posters. Regrettably, I have experienced a swarm of unrelated events that have called me away from my '14 Cal Touring bike since then. I have not even ridden it to the 50-100 mile mark that Todd suggested before connecting to the PC-V and sending him the file to dial-in. But soon, my friends, soon...
It wasn't exactly "soon" but I managed to ride the bike down to Todd's shop in Orange a while back, asked him to tweak the settings, took it for a test ride and HOLY COW THIS BIKE IS A MONSTER! So, that follow-up dialed it in far beyond my expectations. The man knows his business. Absolutely. Could not be happier but...I might add...now I am waiting for delivery and installation of the suspension upgrades! Sound familar to you GTM faithful?

I love to read stuff like this!

I bought Todd’s full monty fueling setup on my 2012 Stelvio NTX 8V over 10 years ago, and it is still the best driving Stelvio I have ever thrown my leg over. Everybody who has ridden it, is simply blown away at how well it runs.

What exactly is Todds full fueling setup for the Stelvio? Can someone post a link to it?

What exactly is Todds full fueling setup for the Stelvio? Can someone post a link to it?

Gladly!

Back