• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

"one piece" handlebar clamp

icenian

Tuned and Synch'ed
First of all, I don't know if there's a proper name for this sort of handlebar clamp, where (at the top) it's in a single piece...
IMG_0277_2.jpg

...rather than the 2 separate clamps on on the V7C:
close.jpg

Anyway, I'm sure at least some Guzzis have had the "one piece" type clamp, and I'd quite like to source one for the V7C (as you can see from that picture above, I have non-standard bars, and I like the riding position a lot, but they don't look tidy).

Could anyone help with suggestions of where to start looking?

Thanks!

Quite a few mid-90s models (Strada, Nevada etc) had nameplates like that. From memory they all had just "GUZZI" on them in fairly unattractive block lettering instead of a nice classic Moto Guzzi logo.
There's a Nevada one on ebay Uk at the moment:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MOTO-GUZZI-NEVADA ... ycle_Parts
I think the Strada ones were just a plain rectangular shape without the bits either side & below the logo.

well, I feel a bit of a fool as I see the 750 Breva has just this sort of clamp -- why didn't I check it first :oops:

It's the same part number (GU32500410) for the current Breva and Nevada models, so I'm 99.9% certain it'll fit the V7C too...

Yeah....

1093852000_f3c2090437.jpg

(Pic is from a short riser-period I had for getting relief for a frozen shoulder. Back to normal now)

But why would you? I could use the extra space created by using the two separate clamps for fastening some extra gadgets, like an analogue clock.

Holt said:
But why would you? I could use the extra space created by using the two separate clamps for fastening some extra gadgets, like an analogue clock.

Take a look at the V7C photo at the start of this thread. The LSL 'bars give a really nice riding position, a little bit like clip ons but not as low, but look a bit ugly between the two clamps. I know it doesn't really matter, but I have to look at it all the time!

I also wouldn't mind hiding the pig ugly steering stem nut (though I could always fit the nice one they put on the V7 Cafe...)

It also satisfies the desire to fiddle with the bike, but keeps it under the credit card radar :D

I have just ordered this part from the Breva for my V7C. If anyone is even interested, I can report back if it fits. Fingers crossed. They didn't have a Breva at my dealer for me to check.

Got this clamp in. A) it cost to damn much -- $87! I had blindly ordered it thinking it couldn't be more than $30; B ) I'm going to have to paint it black, it doesn't look good painted silver on the bike; C) it doesn't come with the plate in the center with the logo on it. What crap :angry: . I'll make it work. I can't even find the plate with the logo on it in the parts catalog, so I'm having some stickers made, different variations, hoping one will look good. All in all, I'm pretty disappointed, but I think once it's painted it to match it will really clean up that area.

muzak said:
Got this clamp in. A) it cost to damn much -- $87! I had blindly ordered it thinking it couldn't be more than $30; B ) I'm going to have to paint it black, it doesn't look good painted silver on the bike; C) it doesn't come with the plate in the center with the logo on it. What crap :angry: . I'll make it work. I can't even find the plate with the logo on it in the parts catalog, so I'm having some stickers made, different variations, hoping one will look good. All in all, I'm pretty disappointed, but I think once it's painted it to match it will really clean up that area.

Look at Tab 49 in the parts manual. The logo plate is part number 01517700

Well, it's a great and noble thing you've done, trying the idea out before I have to spend my own money on it :D

Now might be a really bad time to say it costs $50 in the UK, and $16 for the logo plate (prices from http://www.speedaway.co.uk/; note you don't may UK tax (VAT) if you buy from outside Europe).

A photo would be greatly appreciated, when you're done.

At least if the logo plate is separate, I can take the clamp to my friendly local powdercoater, and get a resilient finish on it.

No problem. Glad I could be of assistance. Damnit, $50?! Oh well. At least I can feel good about supporting my local dealer(?). I hope to sand it down and shoot it this weekend. I'll post some pics when it's all done, for sure.

It's painted an on the bike now. Looks pretty good. I used a black appliance epoxy for it's durability. Quick and easy. My only wish is that it wasn't so shiny. My black handlebars are almost a flat black with just a light sheen to it, so it's not too out of place. I haven't gotten the logo plate yet, but plan to. It does clean the area up a little bit, but I still wish I would have gone with clip-ons for the real minimalist look; however, I bet my back and wrists beg to differ -- which is why I have not. It just seems to me that the front end of the V7C sits an inch or two too high.

Back