• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Only because...

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
I lived for being sideways as a kid...

042120091621339266.jpg

Scott Parker knows traction. You don't win nine AMA Grand National Championships on our nation's wickedly competitive dirt-tracks without having a good sense of what the tires do when they start slidin', but who knew he could wheelie, too!

Parker was part of the show at the U.S. launch of the Harley-Davidson XR1200, and the 47-year-old made it clear on a day-long street ride that he still likes to have a good time on two wheels—especially on a bike inspired by his championship-winning mount, the classic-yet-current XR-750.

These days, Parker is partner in a pub with long-time friend Dave Donahue—PD's in Flint, Michigan ("Karaoke Tuesdays")—and helps his wife Wanda at her hair salon. "I'm the handyman!" he says with a smile and a laugh. While he doesn't miss the grind of racing, he did speak pretty fondly of the last time he got to ride—just for fun—on a groomed dirt-track a few years ago. Hopefully, he dug our time on the street, too. Judging by the photo, sideways is still a way of life for the champ!

More words and pics HERE.

I rode one of those last week at the harley dealer next to our company in Slough in the UK, I really liked it, first harley I've ridden that I wanted to ride in the SMM's... hope they dont get too cheap, i could accidently get one, just sayin......

It was twenty-four years ago at the Springfield Mile. I took this photograph of Scotty Parkers foot...

image100.jpg

this was taken just after the final race. Scotty, Bubba and Ricky. Three of the very best.

image033.jpg

Daniel Kalal wrote:
It was twenty-four years ago at the Springfield Mile. I took this photograph of Scotty Parkers foot...
Nice Daniel, thanks for the post. The shoe was made by Ken Maely, who I got to know very well in the last few years of his life. I have one on my boot still, which he personally hard-faced last. It was a pleasure to get to know him, and hang at his ranch in Corona... and you never knew who was going to stop by. I met Kenny Roberts Sr., the Bostroms, Hayden Brothers, Springsteen, Chris Carr and a slew of other modern D/T'ers... also including all of the Speedway guys, and even Bruce Penhall and family, remember him?

More on Ken's legacy, click:

RacerX wrote:
and even Bruce Penhall and family, remember him?

It might have been at this same Springfield Mile race (I've been going twice each year for 25 years) that Bruce Penhall was helping with one of the networks to cover the race. As part of that, they put him on an XR to take a couple of laps. I don't remember whose bike he rode, but I think it was one of the factory Harleys. Anyway, the first turn was a little tentative, but by the time he came out of turn 4 for the front straight he was tucked down and didn't let up as he went deep into the first turn. He was flying. Afterwards, during an interview he said he had never ridden an XR and hadn't been on a Mile track before. I guess that just shows that a good motorcycle racer will be fast, no matter what he's riding. Not letting up into turn one at Springfield has got to be one of the scariest things a racer can do.

btw,
This is me not riding the Aprilia flat tracker of the Lloyd Brothers (David Lloyd took the shot).
photo017.JPG

RacerX wrote:
I met Kenny Roberts Sr.,

Sometimes I wish this big island of ours had a bridge to the rest of the world. Mr Roberts was The Man in the mags when I started riding and I lapped every story of his racing exploits up and dreamed of riding "just like him".

The 1st helmet I ever owned was an Arai Kenny Roberts replica with his signature on the back... I only chucked it a couple of years ago.

RacerX wrote:
Daniel Kalal wrote:
and even Bruce Penhall and family, remember him?

....all us hardcore Speedway fans know who he is.....just a former World Champion Speedway racer......that might have been his first time on a Harley, on an American mile track, but when he won the World Championship in Europe, he was riding on some really long Speedway tracks, so he's no stranger to going sideways at speed!!!!!

Woohoo......Costa Mesa opens on May 9th!!!

Taken from Gary Nixon's FB page. I'll have to dig up some of my old D/T pics to post, including one alongside of this character:

RacerX wrote:
Taken from Gary Nixon's FB page. I'll have to dig up some of my old D/T pics to post, including one alongside of this character:

I've got this hanging in my house:
GNixon.jpg

Here are a few more

at the Springfield Mile in 2005
photo23.JPG

at Topeka, working with Jay Springsteen as part of the Pair-of-Nines race team.
photo025.JPG

and at Daytona Speedway last year
gil1.jpg

I've seen a single XR1200 so far, the black version. It looks good, I must admit.

A couple of pics from a Harley exhibit/museum in Vancouver:

Back