• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

OOOOOPS

Bill Meyer

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I was parked at my regular coffee stop when a pal rides in, waves to me, and then proceeds to low-side his bike into mine, knocking it over really hard. Naturally his bike was unscathed but for a scrape on the foot peg.. My V7III took a tangerine size dent to the tank and a half dozen other annoying wounds. Fortunately I was able to ride the 35 miles home without further collisions.

You just never know.......

:swear:
Sh!t happens I guess. I've been around long enough now where I always marvel at things people do, and social media "reels" prove this to be even worse than I ever imagined. Sorry Bill. Hope he opens his wallet up wide for you, or hands you his insurance companies info.

The guy is a friend, and a stand-up fellow. I think he feels much worse than I do because it was a real bone-head move, no doubt. I watched the whole thing and in those few seconds I thought, "WTF? this is not gonna work".

On the bright side... maybe you want to upgrade your bike a bit while you are at it.. color change...??

This is something I never understood when people paint flames on their airplanes and cars and motorcycles and boats … One thing you definitely do not want...
I painted many years ago the F1 Racer “Madness” for the Reno air races... I opted for the skin peeling off the wing... LOL so much better..

This is something I never understood when people paint flames on their airplanes and cars and motorcycles and boats … One thing you definitely do not want...
I painted many years ago the F1 Racer “Madness” for the Reno air races... I opted for the skin peeling off the wing... LOL so much better..
Maybe I like flame paint jobs because I'm an old guy. Hot rods and all that stuff. I mean, I remember when Eisenhower was president. Or maybe because my old Virago caught fire under my tank during rush hour traffic on a bridge with no shoulder. Kind of like tattooing an old girlfriend's name your bicep to keep those cherished memories.

There are dent removal vids on youtube, without needing to repaint.
I haven't seen them but I will as I have a couple of old Hondas that need that.

And the PO of my stone hit a deer and it left a golf ball size dent from the controls.

The tank damage is vexing. It certainly could be repaired and re painted but with riding season just starting I'm loathe to take the bike off the road for perhaps a month. The fellow who knocked the bike over said if it was him he'd replace the tank but he rides an Enfield 650 and new tanks for that cost about $350. I talked to a couple of Guzzi shops and the price of a new tank is outrageous.

The tank damage is vexing. It certainly could be repaired and re painted but with riding season just starting I'm loathe to take the bike off the road for perhaps a month. The fellow who knocked the bike over said if it was him he'd replace the tank but he rides an Enfield 650 and new tanks for that cost about $350. I talked to a couple of Guzzi shops and the price of a new tank is outrageous.
What year and color is your V7III? Happy to be on the lookout here in the SF Bay Area if anything.shows up on Craigslist, if you would consider a used one.

Thanks for the replies everybody.

Body shop / painters over here are strictly on "Arizona Time":D. A perfect used tank is fine. I'm not too picky about colors long as it's in good repair. My bike is currently silver but I'm not married to it. I do like yellow..

Attachments

• IMG_5110.jpeg
    IMG_5110.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 12
Thanks for the replies everybody.

Body shop / painters over here are strictly on "Arizona Time":D. A perfect used tank is fine. I'm not too picky about colors long as it's in good repair. My bike is currently silver but I'm not married to it. I do like yellow..
I like yellow, too!

Attachments

• istockphoto-544957830-170667a.jpg
    istockphoto-544957830-170667a.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 5
It’s on fire 🔥 🔥 🔥
I love yellow
My favorite yellow is cadmium yellow from Porsche (that was over 30 years ago... darn)
Drive by at the paint shop and ask him how much for all pieces..
I guess you’re just going with gas tank inside covers… Correct
And you have silver rims.. Double thumbs up

Last edited:
Back