Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Opinions please. V7 or V7II

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Clayton Sietsema, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Jamie C

Jamie C Just got it firing!

Hi I'm new and have been riding for a long time
    Returning to Mg after riding classic British and Japanese
    I really love the look of the classic ( the black version )though it's also nearly 8 years old
    I'm not sure I like the blacked out style of the Nero v7 ii special but the upgraded gearbox and electronics etc
    Heart says classic but the head says latest V7 ii special
    Help me out here
    J

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  2. mwrenn

mwrenn Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Hi, welcome to the forum! I have a V7 Classic, and a V7II Racer. The Racer is a much better bike in my opinion. It has the steel tank, nicer wheels, better transmission. Not to mention the ABS and traction control.
    I would get the V7 II Special.
    Cheers!

3. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

To confirm what Mike says above, the upgrades made from the original '09-12 model to 13-15 is likely worth the difference in cost alone, and if ABS is important to you, then V7 II Special it is.
    Welcome to the GT Guzzi Famiglia in advance.

4. Yodastien

Yodastien Tuned and Synch'ed

I actually bought a 14 because i didn't want ABS, I kind of like the more pure riding expirience

5. My name is Jeff

My name is Jeff Cruisin' Guzzisti

I've got a Stone V7II.. I have ridden both and preferred the VII but one thing I always do is turn the Traction Control off.
    Its a great idea but it bugs me how it cuts in on some bumpy surfaces when your powering out of a corner but apart from that
    its a great little bike.
    It took me a bit of time getting used to the lack of power as I was used to 150hp bikes but after a year I actually prefer it over big hp.
    The best fun is on tight corners and if you have the pipes opened up well its even better :)

6. abbienormal

abbienormal High Miler GT Famiglia

There is another thread on here that has much of the opinions you are looking for called: Opinions Please. V7 or V7ll? I tried to padte a link but this tablet leaves a bit to be desired.
    Notice I said opinions. It all boils down to reading the pros and cons and deciding. I like the style and price of the older models but the 6 speed and abs would probably sway me if I was in the market. An old one could be bought new and have the suspension upgraded for the cost of a new one and the 5 speed seems to be a decent trans. So you can argue either way.

7. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Thread merged.

8. Jamie C

Jamie C Just got it firing!

hey thanks very much guys a lot of fantastic info here i was thinking it was going to be easy choice bugger

9. Clayton Sietsema

Clayton Sietsema Cruisin' Guzzisti

I started this thread and these guys answered all my questions but now the question has changed to V7II or V9 for the lady? Thanks MG for making it tough.

10. pokeyjoe

pokeyjoe High Miler

Neither. Stornello. :)

11. Clayton Sietsema

Clayton Sietsema Cruisin' Guzzisti

The Stornello is nice but to dual sportish as this will be her alternate bike. here is her other. IMG_0394.JPG

12. Rafael

Rafael GT Reference

I rode a V7 a few years ago in town. Didn't think much of it just a smaller under pwered version of BB tonti. Got a chance to test ride a V7II at the National 2016. I was shock as to how much fun I had. Took it out on a remote country road - no traffic and had a blast. Everything about it was great. Braking, suspension, handling. Power was just right to keep me out of trouble and still managed to ride between 75 and 90 mph.

13. Trout

Trout GT Reference

When Riders Hill was still open I tested both a C14 & a V7.
    It was a fairly short test ride up 129 thru some nice twisty curves.
    The V7 was a blast & I really liked it but I knew that in flat land Florida it would get real boring (for me) real quick.

I really wish I was closer to Todd & could rent his modded V7R for a day to see how it fits.

14. Kev M

Kev M Cruisin' Guzzisti

Most of that difference was YOU lol.

15. Rafael

Rafael GT Reference

Yes and No. Think Trout hit the nail on the head. Guzzi doesn't shine on boring roads. I call guzzi mountain bikes, but that moniker is taken.

I also test rode the V9 Bobber, w/ fat front tire. A little more low end torque but the V7 was quicker handling, more comfortable. Didn't like the foot peg position on the V9.

16. Kev M

Kev M Cruisin' Guzzisti

No my point was that the bike didn't change your perception of it changed.

17. King of Fleece

King of Fleece Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

I prefer my V7 on the "checkerboard roads" more the my Norge.
    Riding in a straight line the V7 is engaging and still, for me, a lot of fun. Those same long stretches on a S/T bike get boring.

Just goes to show how different we all are.

18. GerryP

GerryP Cruisin' Guzzisti

I'm with him!!

19. Rafael

Rafael GT Reference

Agreed. With a little help from a beautiful country road.

My buddy loved it too. He's thinking of trading it the Shiver, great bike but too much power, for a V7II. That way if his son might get interested in biking he won't have access to a crotch rocket. Guzzi's are safer 'cause they're HP limits hazards of testosterone in a young'n.

Yup!
    ps
    Hey, I was the former king of fleece. I'm a electric gear guy now and love it. I don't look like the Michelin man anymore. Got into Smart wool for a while but the moths were too much for me. Too expensive. Did get some 32 degree shirts. They work as well as the wool but they are a lot less expensive and moths don't like synthetics. 32 d works well with heated liners.

20. King of Fleece

King of Fleece Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Nice. The name's a holdover. I was in the ski/snowmobile market in prototyping, design, and testing for years.
    When we developed the seat cover fabric that end took off and I gave the other aspects away.