• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Opinions please

Trout

GT Reference
Wife & I have been talking about selling or closing the business & moving to NW Arkansas it's an area we have loved for many years. We are looking at rural properties in the 20 plus acres range & have no issues with long dirt roads.

I will probably have to thin the herd down because I don't think finances will allow me to feed four bikes.
The Vic does not like dirt roads so that one is pretty well off the keeper list. What is left are 3 Guzzi's.

2013 Griso with 10,000 miles
2001 Jackal with 12,000 miles
1989 Mille just turned 40,000 miles.

I know which one I'm thinking strongest about but If you were going to keep just one which would you choose?

If you are going to handle dirt road(s), keep the Jackal. Next best to keep in my opinion would be the Mille.

Maybe wait to see how much dirt road ends up being involved? I have never ridden NW Arkansas but want to. Going solely by handling on dirt roads I hate to say it but I think the Jackal would handle best though I have never ridden one. My Norge doesn't like them. I take my 650 Suzuki V-Strom when I am planning on dirt roads. Since the Norge and the Griso are similar I imagine it does not appreciate them much. If I had a Mille I think parting with it would be a tough decision. Then breaking it down to a financial decision the Griso would probably bring in the most cash.

The Mille has been my choice for a number of reasons with the Jackal 2nd.
Both of these bikes handle dirt roads well but I still have not gotten comfortable with working on computers & injection.
I love the look of the Mille way better than the Jackal also.

Well we will just have to see what the wife decides to spend on property then decide from there.
Thanks much.

Trout, A friend of mine has a Mille with a side car. Never could get the carbs to stay synchronized because of that darn plastic case cable spliter. He couldn't pull out of his up hill driveway with someone in the side car. I converted him to a Tomaselli 2C throttle and dual cables. He now stays in sync and has more power that ever with both cylinders working together. He can now get out of his very steep driveway with someone in the hack. How is your Mille behaving?

John, She could use a tune I'm sure but runs like a Guzzi.
Idle is a bit erratic sometimes smooth, sometimes high & sometimes bumpy but then I usually don't sit still on her very long.
Drops off above 6000 rpm but I don't push her that hard.
Loves 4000 to 5000, starts hitting the sweet spot about 4800 & climbs steady to 6000.

You actually taught me (thru a post to somebody else) about rolling the throttle instead of opening it all the way.
Best advice ever!
I love matching the roll of the throttle with the R's & feeling the steady build up of engine sound, exhaust note & speed.
Modern machines it's snap the throttle & you're doing a 120 or more, I like it, it's thrilling but it's cheap thrills compared to Mille.

KEEP all your GUZZIS! As you said get rid of Vic. I regularly take my Sport off road and it handles it pretty well even the odd small jump over speed bumps. All of the others may need some suspension adjustments done. How can you get rid of an old friend(s)?

I have ridden my Griso on a variety of dirt and gravel roads (I am using the term "gravel" loosely). The Griso works quite well off road, it has good balance and a long wheel base.
I would also get rid of the Victory first, but I have no use for bikes like that.

KEEP all your GUZZIS! As you said get rid of Vic. I regularly take my Sport off road and it handles it pretty well even the odd small jump over speed bumps. All of the others may need some suspension adjustments done. How can you get rid of an old friend(s)?
I'm actually hoping to be able to do that but if I can't......

I ride the Eureka Springs area about 3 times a year and have encountered very few gravel roads, at least compared to OK, TX and CO. Mostly just great paved twistys in AR. My vote is keep the Griso.

Back