• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Outlaw Ride '09 4/27-4/29

Re:Outlaw Ride '09 at Big Nose Kate's Saloon

Personally I think it's crazy begging anybody to do the ride. History, good food, great roads, Guzzi people, bike weather and some of the last land in the country where you can get away with WFO fun. No brainer.
Five weeks left and no charge. Questions ? PM me. We make the ride and we are the ride.
4/28-4/29

" The worst day riding is better then the best day fishing ". No excuse (unless your a prison punk).

Trying to decide. ;)

Daring for me, is a grey shirt. Probably not too hip on a sand color shirt. My $.02.

Criminitly Lup, don't offer that many choices. We'll never get it figured out (welcome to the wacky world of T-shirt design/printing). You'll never get anyone to agree. That design leaves RR out too. :huh:
Text is OK, but a bit too Toys-R-Us for me. ;)
I would like the Southwest Guzzisti Tacho design on the high back/neckline like last year, regardless of which.

RacerX wrote:
Criminitly Lup, don't offer that many choices. We'll never get it figured out (welcome to the wacky world of T-shirt design/printing). You'll never get anyone to agree. That design leaves RR out too. :huh:
Text is OK, but a bit too Toys-R-Us for me. ;)
I would like the Southwest Guzzisti Tacho design on the high back/neckline like last year, regardless of which.

From "Little" Larry,

As the designer of the above, I feel I should throw in my two cents here.

Richard is not included in the design because it is simply too chaotic with the other image. This source photo is a much more balanced composition and is far more suitable for a t-shirt. The tachometer will not be included on the back of the shirt due to price considerations. By keeping costs down it encourages people to purchase more than one shirt and allows for a better price overall from the printer; Wal-Mart economics. Given the relatively low turnout of the event, it becomes absurd to add complexity to the design as it would greatly increase the per unit price of the shirts. As you know, the price per unit decreases the more shirts are printed, so if the run is too small these could very well become $20 shirts and that's kind of nuts.

I do agree that the font could be improved, and so I have switched it to something more stylish. I also agree that there are too many choices there, so I have cut it down to the below. The overall premise of the brown ink on a sand shirt is to create a sepia-like appearance. Due to the previous choices, I noticed that the red ink on a sand shirt also looked good and had a very nice western flair. As you said yourself, it is impossible to get everyone to agree on a choice and, while you may like the gray, I am sticking with sand. Others here in Arizona have expressed concerns with getting yet another black shirt, so that has very strongly affected my view on the shirt color.

Check the lead post. I've added a map of the route. Also, email me your orders for shirts if you plan on doing the ride so I can plan the order with the screener. To keep it simple all shirts will be short sleeve. $10 for small through x-large and $12 for xx-large. Send order to motolupo@netscape.net
Thank you, Lupo

PS. Let me know about your plan for the night in Clifton so I can reserve (shared) rooms.

In for a room.

guzzibob wrote:
In for a room, & one L T-shirt. Very happy to see not yet another black T.
Lup, add another LG to the list, as I'm buying Bob a second as my contribution (not interested in the colors, but thanks for the work).

Lupo wrote:
" The worst day riding is better then the best day fishing ". No excuse (unless your a prison punk).

My floor trustee, Big Wally, was reading this over my shoulder, and he said he'd show you a thing or two about fishing in prison, on the condition you wear the muu-muu.......

hey, I'm trying to follow along (late at seeing these updates) on my screen there are 2 blank lupo mesg. blocks and then talk of different "t" then I see a block of text with little Larry defending why he chopped picure and pic of second "t"....I don't mind/care if my image is in the design, I think the tan and brown with the image cropped tighter represents the SouthWest flavor, if not mistaken the T-shirt shop always drive home the importance of "less is more".

Lupo, what happened to your reply here Re: Shirts and misc?

Never mind, found it under Jon's SS post:
Lupo wrote:
You may even be able to order an event T-shirt. Not sure yet as I need at least 24 and lack of interest has come up short and it looks like it may not be. Even people I've supported in the past (you know who you are) have been ehhh.
It's not looking like a repeat event at this time:S However, I do have more important things to do, so.....
I'll order a couple to give away, no problemo... and do you mean you're going to scratch on the whole ride/event?

Larry,
I will be there unless my wife has major problems after her surgery on April 16 or I am having big troubles.
My friend in Camp Verde is going to Mongolia, why, is beyond me. After the ride i planed to stay with him, which messed me up big time.
I had planned to stay with Larry and his wife, but maybe I should just stay with his wife :evil:

An odd thing happened moments after my last post. Friend Larry, in Camp Verde, was riding home on his BMW from Blythe and at a roadside rest for a Red Bull break, a fellow collapsed in front of the rest room. Someone tried to help, but it was grim. A RN tried to help and things went south. Larry, a EMT in one of his past incarnations, assisted while someone else called 911. The poor soul expired right there.
Wow, what a story.
I posted here because this is where I was when all this happened.

Sorry to here your pal had to go through that. Even if the guy was a stranger it's still tough to see someone check out.

To address your first post: After the Outlaw Ride you could plan on the Prescott Rally. You'll have the new bag and Walmart is 10 minutes from the rally site. Just pick up a $29 tent and an $18 thirty pack:)

To all reading this, be sure and check the changes to the lead post.

Back