• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

P8 myecu kit development

Billd

Tuned and Synch'ed
Have just finished building a P8 myecu kit and installed on 1993 Daytona. The map that comes with the kit is for a 1100 sport. I've modified it slightly at the start to low RPM range and have got the bike running reasonably well. Unable to ride the big at present due to winter weather, will get the bike out this spring and carry on with fuel/ignition map development.

Has anyone else installed a P8 kit on their bike? Would like to share and learn from others as to map development . Am also interested in the GSXR front end swap if it can be done without modifying the steering head so the bike can be put back to stock if wanted in the future.

Billd said:
. Am also interested in the GSXR front end swap if it can be done without modifying the steering head so the bike can be put back to stock if wanted in the future.

You don't have to modify the steering head to put the GSXR front end on, just have to turn down a new bearing race set and make some new steering stops. I'll dig up the bearing numbers and measurements if you need them. The swap is well worth the effort, especially since it only took a couple of hours to do.

Thanks Moto510, I really appreciate the information and look forward to getting the bearing numbers. I assumed you have used the Suzuki front wheel and fender. Am I correct?

Billd said:
Have just finished building a P8 myecu kit and installed on 1993 Daytona. The map that comes with the kit is for a 1100 sport. I've modified it slightly at the start to low RPM range and have got the bike running reasonably well. Unable to ride the big at present due to winter weather, will get the bike out this spring and carry on with fuel/ignition map development.
Has anyone else installed a P8 kit on their bike?
I am not aware of anyone using a P8 MyECU Kit... but I would *highly* suggest taking the bike to a air/fuel dyno before riding it. If the map is from a 2V 1100 Sport, the fueling will be WAY off, dangerously so to the engine, unless Cliff can guarantee you otherwise. Did you buy the lambda integration? Regardless, I would be cautious.
A/F Dynos can be found HERE.

Billd said:
Thanks Moto510, I really appreciate the information and look forward to getting the bearing numbers. I assumed you have used the Suzuki front wheel and fender. Am I correct?
You are correct about the wheel and fender. The GSXR wheel weighs a lot less than the Guzzi one too.
ry%3D480

ry%3D400

You will need to buy 2 sets of 32006X tapered roller bearings and then you have to turn the OD of the race down to 2.047 inch which will match the OD of the 30205A roller bearings that are in your steering neck now. You'll need an indexable carbide or ceramic cutting tool if you are going to turn them down yourself since bearing races aren't made of stuff that's easy to turn down. I could probably turn a set down for you if you don't have the tools or a good machine shop available to you.
I'll make a list of the other few mods that were involved in the swap, ignition fitting and steering stops in a how to post that I'll put up in a few days.

Todd, thanks for your reply. At this point the bike is open loop with plans to either go closed loop with an O2 probe or download a map that is suitable for the bike. I do have a P8 ecu with a standard eprom in it as well as the P8 myecu that I can modify via a laptop. The problem is the bike has been modified, it had the "D kit" installed. All of the modifications were performed by a MG dealer on the east coast when the bike was new. When it was relocated to Arizona it failed it's emissions test so the owner took it to a MG shop to have a standard EPROM installed in the P8 to try and get it certified. The result was a damaged P8 and the after market EPROM also became faulty. He had a new P8 along with the standard EPROM installed and that is how it was when I got the bike. The bike has after market exhaust along with after market air filters and perhaps modified cams, will dial them to confirm. The bike was not running properly with the stock ECU when I got it and that is what prompted me to build and install the Myecu. Have used a Power Commander system on a modern bike but with the older stuff there is no suitable hardware.Your idea of going to a dealer with a air/fuel dyno is a good one. Do you have any info on the "D kit" for these bikes? Have you heard of Phil Arnold in Austraila? Apparently he has done map developments for bikes running the Myecu's.Thanks for the help.

I'd have to dig up the info I have on the "D" kit, what exactly do you need?

I still offer a PCIIIub for the older Guzzis HERE.

Keep us posted on your MyECU endeavors, most seem to fall off in short order.

there is no D kit, only a, b, c kit. But that means it is the same engine as the daytona RS(europe version), I don't know if you can use the centauro/daytona rs maps from a p16, ask cliff. Only difference to the daytona rs fueling, could be that the c kit has a 4 bar fuel pressure regulator. Instead of the stock 3 bar.
The daytona RS has the 3 bar pressure sensor.
here is the map from a daytona racing, that is the engine as in your bike, see attachment. I have a daytona racing eprom in my 1225 daytona.

Attachments

• MG_Daytona_Racing.pdf
    61.7 KB · Views: 78
Very surprised and pleased to get your reply on the Myecu for the P8, an old post. I've now built and installed and run it in my bike. The reason I said it had a "D" kit was because that is what is printed on the main chip in the original P8, see attached picture.

Thank you very much for the supplied map, will have a look at it and give it a try. If you have any other advise or comments please PM me. Thanks again Paul.

Attachments

• 100_0338.jpg
    100_0338.jpg
    697.4 KB · Views: 563
well I'm every time surprised as the forum has the things in a different order. The wildguzzi has all in one, here it is to much.

Back