• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Painfull Journey to LEDs

gfeher

Just got it firing!
I started off with simply wanting to buy a H4 LED replacment bulb for my bike (16 Audace).
I ordered a nice one from amazon went to install it, then found the chipset in the back of the bulb is longer then a halogen and make it buldge out just enough that you can't seat the reflector back in the housing properly.

Then I measured the overall light and figured its a standard 7" inch light Ill just order a standard 7" round lead headlight unit they use in Harleys and Jeeps.

The LEDprefs one is more expensive and not as good looking and requiers a new housing that looks funny with the stock mounts still there. So I order one from amazon that had good reviews and looked cool.

Sure enough it arrives and absolutly nothing fits. The lens diameter is a few mm smaller and it falls out of the retaining ring and nothing in the mounting lines up. At this point I was determined as I like the halo/led look and the better nighttime visibility.

So I decided to reverese engineer the stock light lens mounts as I didnt want to put the aftermarket houseing that clamps to the forks.

Ended up having to make a spacer ring for the front and a mounting adapter at the rear. After 4 design iterations I got it to fit and mount.

Printed in PETG so it should withstand the heat from the heatsink. If anyone else interested it is now an easy upgrade with the designed adapter rings. The design can be downloaded for free from thingiverse (all I ask is you use the amazon link there to order your light (costs the same wether you do or dont, it just helps me out if you do).

thingiverse.com/thing:6213802

Overall I love the new look and I can finally see in the dark.

PS I tried to search the forum for other headlight related threads but I didnt find much. If some has an easier path to upgrade their lights let me know, I'm always eager to learn from my mistakes lol.

Attachments

• 20230911_211530.jpg
    20230911_211530.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230911_215941.jpg
    20230911_215941.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230911_215956.jpg
    20230911_215956.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230911_221822.jpg
    20230911_221822.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230911_221928.jpg
    20230911_221928.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230911_221940.jpg
    20230911_221940.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230911_211505.jpg
    20230911_211505.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 12
I am working on a similar project on a 2016 Audace. I actually replaced the entire headlight assembly that was smashed to hell with a LED one from Moto Speed. I have used their lights in the past and are top notch.

My question is how did you go from H4 connection to the one Moto Guzzi uses?

Back