Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - we've been proud to harbor such wonderful Guzzisti camaraderie since 2005, for FREE. Times have changed, and so have the attitudes and expectations of far too many. Starting Jan 1, 2020, we will likely be shifting to a paid to participate format. You will still be able to read for free. This should alleviate all of the negativity that the free social media channels have created. If you are a donor or customer of ours, you're in, just use the Contact tab above if your account is not already promoted, or you can Upgrade your account once signed in. Or the Donate tab above is another option. We look forward to continuing this service to the Guzzi community, but it is not cheap or easy to host and maintain. We wish you the best for the Holidays and in the New Year.

Paint Protection Film

Discussion in 'Chat & Tech Info' started by Perk5560, May 6, 2016.

1. Perk5560

Perk5560 Tuned and Synch'ed

I'd like to know if anyone has had any experience with applying/using clear paint protection film on their saddlebags. I've got a 1400 touring and with my shorter legs I've scuffed the top of right saddlebag swinging my leg over it.

Any comments/solutions would be appreciated.

Dave

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I've used it to protect fuel tanks (has signatures on it). Should work for your saddle bags. These films are available from most instant sign places as well as here: http://www.jmhmotorsport.com/ The JMH film does not use an adhesive and is set using a denatured alcohol and water mix allowing you to move the film until it dries.

3. Perk5560

Thanks John for getting back with me. I'll check them out.

4. Perk5560

I called their toll free/info line and it states it's "been disconnected or no longer in service" so I guess I'll keep looking.

Thanks anyway.

Dave

5. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I just called the owner of JMH Motorsport. They recently moved to Atlanta and haven't updated their web site yet. You can contact him via e-mail at morgan@jmhmotorsport.com

6. Perk5560

Thanks for following up.

Dave

7. abbienormal

abbienormal High Miler GT Famiglia

I did this exact thing on my 1400 Tour. I went to the local Ford dealer and just bought a section of stone chip guard. They stock it on a roll for the body shop. I cut it to size and stuck it on. I did get one wrinkle but you still can't really see it. I recommend rounding the corners instead of leaving then square as they seem to stay on better that way.

8. Perk5560

Thanks Abbienormal for getting back with me and for the tip on rounding off the corners. I never even thought about checking with a dealership.

Dave