Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Parts Support

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by john zibell, Sep 23, 2019.

1. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Bad news on the parts front. I learned from a dealer today that Piaggio is no longer supporting bikes over 7 years old. Several parts I tried to order are no longer available, and apparently won't be in the future. Considering the longevity of these machines, I think this is a poor move. Maybe it is their desire to sell new bikes, but if you can't support them after 7 years, why would you buy one? I just hope I can keep the old ones around running until I choose to no longer work on them.

2. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT di Razza Pura

I just got an NLA part from MG Cycle, still available in EU. A center hub for the 70-90's rear cast wheel.

3. Raven

Raven High Miler GT Famiglia

7 years is very lame.
    I was getting upset that parts are getting hard to find for my '97 Subaru SVX.

john zibell likes this.
  4. john zibell

It is good to be lucky. Problem is when stock runs out that is the end. Unlike my other hobby, Model T Fords, I don't think the numbers of Guzzi motorcycles around is high enough for vendors to produce parts. 15 million Motel Ts were built with probably a million or so still around. I don't think Guzzi has those kind of numbers for production of reproduction parts.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  5. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

it appears 10 years is it for many brands. BUT, when it takes 4 years of sitting on a dealers floor to retail a new one that only leaves 3 years.

6. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

7 years of support may hurt sales of new bikes. Not the best idea for a brand that is sales challenged to begin with.
    The saving grace may be that parts should still be available in Europe (I assume this is strictly a MG USA decision) and ordering parts from Europe is fairly easy with often quick delivery times. I have ordered parts from the UK and received them in less time then parts ordered from other parts of the USA have taken.

As they say; Moto Guzzi, going out of business since 1921.

PaulDavies likes this.
  7. john zibell

Not a US decision. This is a Piaggio corporate decision. There may be more parts floating around in Europe, but when they are gone that is the end of availability.

8. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

Well that DOES suck.
    So, they have or are going to stop making parts for all four Guzzi's I own? Wow. That changes things. Maybe I should buy a Honda CX500 / 650? I can still get parts for it from Honda. I'll just stick Guzzi logos on the gas tank.....

9. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT di Razza Pura

There are plenty of aftermarket suppliers for Tonti & Loop parts. Only newer stuff will suffer as in CARC bikes
    More folks parting bikes out to meet needs.
    I've been hearing this kind of stuff for 40yrs. Scare you to buy $12K bike that's not tested except on a computer.