• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

PC-V & AutoTune 300 on Cal 14

Has anyone had any experience with RexXer EVO? Very similar to Power Commander from what I've read, just cheaper and without the need of a module piggy backing. My insurance company won't let me put on a power commander either.

Last edited:
Has anyone had any experience with RexXer EVO? Very similar to Power Commander from what I've read, just cheaper and without the need of a module piggy backing. My insurance company won't let me put on a power commander either.

http://www.torquepowermotorcycles.com.au/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=70

A guy had the Rexxer map on his C 1400 and it created a problem with one of the dual spark plugs not firing below a certain rpm. He had to remove the map. Also I call AF1 and they don't recommend Rexxer for the C 1400.

The 7SM ECU is a complex one, and everything I have found or seen so far does not work. I too have not heard of even one success story with Rexxer or eq.
What insurance company won't let you do this? Perhaps find a new one.

After renting the RideMalibu V7 last November (see my review), I discussed the purchase of the fuelling package for my California Touring with Todd, as for me, this was a considerable outlay. Having just fitted the PC-V and AT300 fuelling kit etc and returned from a 100 kilometre shake down I can justify that there was an incredible difference to the stock performance. Particularly the sub 2500 RPM range. The roll on power from low rpm is amazing especially in the higher gears, and when riding through the twisties and accelerating out of corners. It is also more noticible when exiting roundabouts. I no longer feel that my left leg is auditioning for the River Dance chorus line.
In Touring mode, 6th gear 2500 RPM, 80Kph, 3000 RPM 100Kph pulled like a train to 150Kph.
Hopefully I will also see an improvement in fuel consumption as the constant gear changing to keep the RPM high has been eliminated.
When the opportunity permits I will try out the Veloce mode although since buying the bike it has remained in "Touring".
Has the purchase price of the fuelling kit been justified? In my opinion YES. The bike feels smoother and definitely more responsive and I didn't get the numbness in my throttle hand that I have had on previous occasions.
As to the install, a simple enough affair as the instructions are well written and the photos guide you along the way. I did have a slight glitch when initially using the flash tool but I think this was mainly down to the antiquated Windows laptop I had borrowed to complete the install (and my computer illiteracy). But fear not as Todd responded to my emails of help immediately and in addition the revised performance map was returned within the hour.
Has my warranty been affected, probably, but I will discuss this with my dealer on my next visit. Have I informed my insurance company, definitely not.
Thanks Todd, another very satisfied customer.

Thanks for the purchase and post Robert. Getting people to post good results is so difficult it seems... and glad to hear that you are getting the same results I've seen with every install. Don't forget to pull and send me the PC-V map after a few hundred kilometers, and at every service.

Todd, just briefly tried out the Veloce mode, you said the remap would give more power to the tyre earlier and full power at big throttle openings. Holy cr4p, thankfully I have a topcase fitted as I would have lost the wife otherwise. The throttle response is instant. I will have to try again when flying solo as I was warned never to use Veloce with she who must be obeyed onboard again.
Good job.

...Holy cr4p, thankfully I have a topcase fitted as I would have lost the wife otherwise. The throttle response is instant. Good job.
I laughed out loud, and my wife (which you know) responded with... that's not funny.
My pleasure. Wait until you uncork the mufflers and feed it some more air!

I can vouch for that. Once the exhaust is unclogged and the girl can breath you will be impressed. A total transformation.

Best investment made on my Custom.

Only problem is it rains to much here to use Veloce all the time with cage drivers around.

I can vouch for that. Once the exhaust is unclogged and the girl can breath you will be impressed. A total transformation.

Best investment made on my Custom.

Only problem is it rains to much here to use Veloce all the time with cage drivers around.

For anyone sitting on the fence or unsure on having Todds exhaust and fueling modifications done I suggest you get it done. I bought my Custom from Joe Meyers so all these modifications were already done. What a great motor compared to the stock bike I tested. I've had this bike aver a year and half it it continues to impress with the clean fueling and power/torque. Im not really a cruiser guy but this bike as set up has won me over thanks to Todds expertise.

For anyone sitting on the fence or unsure on having Todds exhaust and fueling modifications done I suggest you get it done.

groundhog105.

I was "on the fence" for a while. I usually buy the bike I want to ride after quite a lot of research, reading the forums etc. Then add luggage, a louder horn, and maybe a few minor cosmetic changes.
Looks are about the middle of my list. Except when it comes to Guzzi's looks get me everytime, see signature.

When I brought my '14 California all the boxes were well and truly ticked.

Rode home from the dealer in Tourism mode, MGTC-2. Got out the manual and read up how to switch to Veloce, a week later, got out the manual and switched to MGTC-1. It was so obvious this bike has soo much more to give. Tried Geezer mode once, won't make that mistake again.

Did a lot of research on this an other forums and finally decided the GT-Rx fuel mod and ECU flash would liberate a lot of that pent-up potential.

Absolutely the best mods I've ever installed. Instant, smooth and predicitable throttle response.

Latest mod, Zard SS shorty mufflers, with a new map for the PC-V.

WooHoo!!.

Thanks to Todds work and expertise and to the posts on this and other forums I have the bike I never knew I craved

groundhog105.

I was "on the fence" for a while. I usually buy the bike I want to ride after quite a lot of research, reading the forums etc. Then add luggage, a louder horn, and maybe a few minor cosmetic changes.
Looks are about the middle of my list. Except when it comes to Guzzi's looks get me everytime, see signature.

When I brought my '14 California all the boxes were well and truly ticked.

Rode home from the dealer in Tourism mode, MGTC-2. Got out the manual and read up how to switch to Veloce, a week later, got out the manual and switched to MGTC-1. It was so obvious this bike has soo much more to give. Tried Geezer mode once, won't make that mistake again.

Did a lot of research on this an other forums and finally decided the GT-Rx fuel mod and ECU flash would liberate a lot of that pent-up potential.

Absolutely the best mods I've ever installed. Instant, smooth and predicitable throttle response.

Latest mod, Zard SS shorty mufflers, with a new map for the PC-V.

WooHoo!!.

Thanks to Todds work and expertise and to the posts on this and other forums I have the bike I never knew I craved

Glad to hear your experience is same as mine with Todds fueling mods. Makes a big difference.

Just wondering what effect the fueling mods have on fuel consumption, has anyone done a comparison before and after?

I have found that generally the fuel consumption is similar. I have about 20,000km on my 1400, split 50/50 OEM and modded. That assumes I am not punting it hard, enjoying the power.

Stephen

I have found that generally the fuel consumption is similar. I have about 20,000km on my 1400, split 50/50 OEM and modded. That assumes I am not punting it hard, enjoying the power.

Stephen

I've put just over 5,000 miles on my California custom. Approximately 700 miles with the GT-Rx fueling mods & ECU remap system installed. About 500 of the 700 miles after installing Zard Shorty slip-on mufflers. Todd supplied a map for the PC-V for the improved gas flow through the Zards.

Generally running errands and attending week-end coffee klatch gatherings, There has been a slight reduction in average MPG from 38 to 36 based on the Trip 1 display.

On a 170 mile loop through the N.GA mountains outward bound mpg was approximately 40, homeward approximately 45. An overall average of 42.5 mpg. Outward is North and mostly up hill. Previous rides of the same nature averaged about 45 mpg round trip.

Before purchasing the GT-Rx system, I took into account I consider the richer mixture would increase fuel consumption, and allow the engine to run cooler. IMO a cooler running engine will last longer.

The instant, smooth and predictable response make a tremendous difference in the ride.

I've never spent money chasing HP before. I consider the GT-Rx fueling mods and ECU remap system money very well spent, and would do it again.

Regards.

Last edited:
I've put just over 5,000 miles on my California custom. Approximately 700 miles with the GT-Rx fueling mods & ECU remap system installed. About 500 of the 700 miles after installing Zard Shorty slip-on mufflers. Todd supplied a map for the PC-V for the improved gas flow through the Zards.

Thanks Stephen & Blakbird, my Eldo is standard and just on 18,000kms and averages 5.5 to 5.7 ltrs per 100kms which is spot on with your figures of 42 to 45mpg, now I just have to find some spare cash.
John.

I purchased Todd's kit for the California 1400, which includes the Flash Tool, Power Commander V, and Autotune. I recently installed Agostini mufflers and loaded Todd's map on the Power Commander. The difference is amazing. The bike revs quicker, provides excellent power delivery throughout the rev range, and is extremely smooth. I feel like I have a new bike. I would recommend Todd's kit to anyone who has a California 1400.

Back