• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

PC-V & AutoTune 300 on Cal 14

Hi all - Do you know if the installation instructions for the complete kit (Power Commander V, AutoTune-300 and the ECU Programmer) is available on GuzziTech website ? I'd like to show them to the guy who wrenches on my bike and ask him how much it'll cost me to get it installed.

Thanks !

Hi all - Do you know if the installation instructions for the complete kit (Power Commander V, AutoTune-300 and the ECU Programmer) is available on GuzziTech website ? I'd like to show them to the guy who wrenches on my bike and ask him how much it'll cost me to get it installed.

Thanks !

Sleekmachine:

Please refer to Todd Eagans post: https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/pc-v-autotune-300-on-cal-14.12980/#post-95889

My Son and I followed the picture by picture step by step instructions in the thread referenced in Todds post: https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/pc-v-autotune-300-on-cal-14.12980/#post-95889

It took my Son and I about 3 hours. Without my "help" my Son would probably have had it done sooner.

BTW: You don't install the ECU programmer, Instructions for the ECU Programmer Todd provides once purchased and shipped.

Last edited:
I just installed this system on my 2016 Eldorado and all I can say is it makes a nice motorcycle into a great motorcycle. No more slipping the clutch excessively to get it moving from a stop, no more hiccupping and surging in "no-load" driving situations below 2,500 RPMs, and completely linear power output from closed throttle to wide open throttle. While it also feels more powerful, especially when you let it wind into the higher RPM regions, it's really the control and drivability improvements that are most noticeable. During low speed maneuvers, the engine now responds to tiny throttle inputs, whereas before you gave it a little throttle and waited to see what it would do. Turning and getting out of my gravel driveway is nowhere near as spooky as it was before. Now there is complete control instead of trying to balance clutch slip with racing engine.

It's a great system, fairly easy to install (Todd is there for you every step of the way)and worth the expense.
Garwood.

Todd installed this on my bike a couple weeks ago along with the exhaust system. Discovered yesterday what a huge difference it makes in the mapping selections. I had always ridden in Veloce and only occasionally using tourismo. Yesterday going for a casual ride around town I couldn't seem to keep steady on the throttle. I was constantly gunning it at take off and then letting off to much when slowing down. The bike is pretty loud now so I was drawing a lot of attention. Since this does not suit my usual laid back demeanor ha ha, I had to put it in tourismo. Wow! Never had to do that before. Anyways, before the modifications there didn't seem to be a huge difference between tourismo and Veloce, now there is and it is quite noticeable. Throttle response is extremely good now is this is something that I am very happy about.

Last edited:
.... I had to put it in tourismo. Wow! Never had to do that before. Anyways, before the modifications there didn't seem to be a huge difference between tourismo and Veloce, now there is and it is quite noticeable. Throttle response is extremely good now is this is something that I am very happy about.

Curt,

Until now I hadn't thought about switching modes, I've been running in Veloce since the 600 mile oil change. Given your earlier posts about throttle response in Tourismo, and your latest update, I may have to break out the owners manual for a refresher. Thanx for the heads up.

Curt,

Until now I hadn't thought about switching modes, I've been running in Veloce since the 600 mile oil change. Given your earlier posts about throttle response in Tourismo, and your latest update, I may have to break out the owners manual for a refresher. Thanx for the heads up.
I could be wrong but I believe the differences between Veloce and Tourismo is just throttle sensitivity with Veloce being more sensitive or reactive. Throttle response is so good since the fueling modifications that Veloce seems like a hair trigger to me now. I rode all day yesterday in Tourismo and it seemed perfect.

I could be wrong but I believe the differences between Veloce and Tourismo is just throttle sensitivity with Veloce being more sensitive or reactive.
The "maps" (more mode) are simply power to the rear wheel via the TC system (limits power in all modes). Veloce allows the most power to the rear wheel earlier in the throttle position, but it never allows 100% from the factory. I turn the power up to 100% in Veloce at ~50% throttle on up.

Interesting Todd.

When I had the 1400 (which was totally stock) I preferred the Tour mode.
When in the Velo mode it always "felt" like it topped out very quickly & the engine seemed to be working harder at 80 mph or above.
In Velo mod it felt more like a drag bike.

The "maps" (more mode) are simply power to the rear wheel via the TC system (limits power in all modes). Veloce allows the most power to the rear wheel earlier in the throttle position, but it never allows 100% from the factory. I turn the power up to 100% in Veloce at ~50% throttle on up.
Interesting. I guess that is one of the reasons it is so noticeable. Did you also set Tourismo to reach full power and if so at what throttle position?

Did you also set Tourismo to reach full power and if so at what throttle position?
No, Turismo is untouched, but now you are benefitting from more power everywhere with the fuel kit. The Map modes have nothing to do with fueling.

No, Turismo is untouched, but now you are benefitting from more power everywhere with the fuel kit. The Map modes have nothing to do with fueling.
That's actually a little blow to my ego Todd. I never though I'd prefer anything but full power. I guess I'll have to put it back in Veloce once in a while to keep me young.

I'm still a bit confused on how all that works by limiting power to the rear wheel & fuel mapping.
Funny thing is for the first time in my life I don't really need to know.

It's like I tell my wife:
"Do you need to know how the engine, transmission, brakes work on a car in order to get in, put the key in the ignition, start it & drive away"?

As long as my Guzzi runs properly, as long as I can tap into Todd's wealth of knowledge I'm good to go.

Todd, I'm really enjoying the awesome response and power delivery provided by the PC-V, AT 300 and ECU remap and all the time and work you put in to release the beast. You mentioned TC in your post.

I'm curious, HOW does TC limit power to the rear wheel, does the ECU manage power delivery through the clutch?

That's actually a little blow to my ego Todd. I never though I'd prefer anything but full power. I guess I'll have to put it back in Veloce once in a while to keep me young.

I finally figured out how to change the mode to Tourismo, after actually reading the OM, definitely an improvement over stock. Smoother below 3K rpm, and more predictable throttle response. I may have to be in Tourismo mode when the S.O. is on the back, but the moment she dismounts it's back to :party:

I'm really enjoying the awesome response and power delivery provided by the PC-V, AT 300 and ECU remap and all the time and work you put in to release the beast. You mentioned TC in your post.
Fantastic. TC does it via engine spark, same concept as the rev limiter. Google will help you understand further. ;)

LOL!
Dang Google!
No wonder everybody knows everything these days.

I was shocked when a few months ago one of our heat sealers went bad.
There was a small switch that is lever activated & the multi-meter confirmed it was bad.
My first thought was: "Where in the h*ll will I find one".
Noticed there was number on it & got my wife to read it.
Googled it: Presto! Ordered & machine fixed with an xtra on the shelf.

I finally figured out how to change the mode to Tourismo, after actually reading the OM, definitely an improvement over stock. Smoother below 3K rpm, and more predictable throttle response. I may have to be in Tourismo mode when the S.O. is on the back, but the moment she dismounts it's back to :party:
Ha ha. I can see it now Blakbird. You come back from a little solo ride and your wife asks you if you were out playing around in Veloce. "No sweetheart i was in Tourismo the whole time. I promise." "Yeah sure Blaky, you been cheating on me. Lol.

Back