Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

PC-V User Guide PDF - Install info

Discussion in 'GT-Rx® Fueling' started by GT-Rx®, Oct 1, 2009.

1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

For those who have purchased a PC-V from GuzziTech, please "Download and Print" attached PDF file.

The Stelvio and Griso Install Guides, under Tech tab at the top, are now slightly modified too. More on the Breva/Norge/Sport 1200 soon.

Attached Files:

2. Zapa

Zapa Cruisin' Guzzisti

Re: PC-V Pre-order *ONLY* - Limited Run NOW

I was on the phone today with my mechanic and I think we sorted all out with the other pictures and my translation. He tells me it started today. He'll make a test ride tomorrow, while I'm on the bus to pick her up!

3. GT-Rx®

OK, I recommend placing both units on the side of the battery if he cannot find a good place for them. Post when you pick her up!

4. Zapa

Zapa Cruisin' Guzzisti

Ok, in this short video you can see the placement in the ABS version. It should be suitable for Norges and Brevas too.
    [youtube]ttIAkp2F_VU[/youtube]

I have a VERY long one when we proceeded to suppress the stepper motor and therefore had to adjust TPS, balance and idle. The valve we used is... awesome :D
    [​IMG]

5. draidt

draidt GT Reference GT Contributor

OK let's see it !!

6. pete roper

pete roper GT Godfather!

OK, so I'm pretty thick and haven't used a PC of any sort before so perhaps Todd can clarify this for me.

Looking at the info that came off the disc and the written instructions for the Auto Tune model what I'm seeing is that I install the whole box and dice as shown in the instructions. Plug the laptop into the throgmorton box after I've warmed the bike up and hit the 'Are you feeling lucky punk' button and then it'll use the input from the O2 sensor to self-build a map which I can then 'Lock in' to the PCV?

It all looks very straightforward and simple. Am I missing something???? :oops:

Pete

7. Zapa

Zapa Cruisin' Guzzisti

The PCV will power up just with the USB current. No need to switch the key on or heat the bike just yet.

That should show you the map on your screen. The name of the map will be shown in the "Map 1 notes" part of the window.
    That map is the base map on which the AutoTune will work. The closest it is to your wonder map, the better, as it'll take less runs for AutoTune to adjust the trims.

On the left you can select the AutoTune AFR map and it'll show in the middle window. Adjust the values to what your desired AFR is for RPM and throttle position and that's it.

Now you can ride your bike and the base map will be reading the trim corrections AutoTune is making. After a run you can decide to accept those changes or not.

What I need is an AFR map that does what I need, and I don't have any idea on what each value achieves. Default AutoTune Target AFR map is 13.2 all over.

8. GT-Rx®

Nope, not much other then my words below...

Pete, Zapa is correct on most all posted above. Install the boxes according to my instructions linked under the top Tech tab -> Fueling. Also be sure to see the PC-V User Guide PDF (linked above) on how to set the %Throttle in the software (which is perhaps what you're refering to about warming the bike up to set, if yes, correct), and be sure the AutoTune is enabled (for those using it). Once that is done, go ride. When you return, hook up the PC-V Control Center Software, and under the AutoTune "Trim" table on the left side Nav menu - you can have a look at the corrections it made and where... If the revisions are low single digits, then just ride and enjoy. The AutoTune will continue to refine/correct the fueling on a minute-to-minute basis. If the are 10 or above, please send me the map direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Zapa, 13.2 is in the majority of the Target AFR field, all except 100%, which is 13.0. These numbers are dyno-proven for power and cool running. They are *not* optimized for fuel consumption. Post below if you're looking for something else other then good running all of the time.

Please use this thread to ask for additional help folks.

9. Zapa

Zapa Cruisin' Guzzisti

What I would like is smooth take off (let's say from idle to 4000rpm) to be able to negotiate U turns as if the throttle and wheel were connected, then acceptable power up to the next gear change at 6500-7000.
    Also, cruising in 6th at 4000-5000 should be able to give good mileage.

I haven't approved any trim changes yet, so I guess my base map is intact. I'll be trying different combinations made by myself and suggested here for the result written above.

I read many articles on AFR tables, but I thought this one was interesting:
    http://www.starvmax.com/blog/dynojet-po ... er=fxstein

Putting zeroes in the 0 and 2% columns made sense, so I did. I've also put 13.7 values up to 20% and 4000rpm then left the default 13.2 for full power. I have yet to give it a long go and see what happens. Whatever it is I'll need the base 1200 Sport with stock airbox and exhaust soon to start all over again :p

10. pete roper

pete roper GT Godfather!

OK, do I have a problem? when I attempt to calibrate the TPS I'm getting Minimum Voltage of 1.065 and a max of 1.065 and a sensor value the same Recalibrating is achieving nothing. Am I perhaps connected to the wrong wire?

Pete

11. Zapa

Zapa Cruisin' Guzzisti

If I recall correctly the procedure starts by pressing the RESET button first, then throttle up to 100% (key switch on, no engine), then accepting the results. However I think the voltage changed no matter what... Reset just prepares to read 0 to 100% values.

12. GT-Rx®

Zapa is correct on above.
    You should see a real time voltage read out in the center, and you should see it change when you twist the grip. The gray wire of the PC-V should be on the variable voltage wire of the TPS. It was red on the Stelvio I did, but verify. Assuming you pierced the wire sheath with the connector. If you think you have, try starting the bike and see if anything changes. A couple bikes I've done required it to be running whatever odd reason. 100% is just a quick stab to full throttle while running, and select OK. You should see a real time voltage read out in the center, and you should see it change when you twist the grip. Post again with your result.

13. GT-Rx®

It certainly will be on the PC-V, but it will have built an active overlay.

This link shows a handful of ignorance, and is incorrect in many aspects.

I recommend leaving the PC-V fuel table and AutoTune AFR's where I sent them to you at. If you want a mileage map, let me know. I'll tell you where to adjust. My AFR's are the result of 100's of hours on the dyno with Guzzis. A random V-Max article is not relevant. ;)

14. pete roper

pete roper GT Godfather!

OK, what is happening is I'm getting a voltage reading varying from what i said above 1.065 to 1.080 This reading is constant across max/min and what is being read. when I twist the throttle the reading goes up to about 4V but when it is fully open it returns to the 1.080V reading. Re-setting achieves nothing.

Also are the PC and Autotune supposed to have LED's that illuminate when the ignition is on? On mine what happens is that the power and staus lights flash as the dash is going through its cycle and then go out. No sign of life after that until I plug in the laptop when the 'Power' light comes on on the PCV but nothing happens to the autotune?

Is it a dud? Am I a dud? What's my name? where am I???

Pete

15. pete roper

pete roper GT Godfather!

Oh and also on the main page of the PCV page the throttle percentage sits at 0% but intermittently flashes to 100% but shows no other changes regardless of throttle position. It all points towards a TPS problem but everything was sweet before the install and I dont see how unplugging and re-plugging the connector can of stuffed anything???

16. GT-Rx®

Are you selecting OK before you exit out to the main screen? If yes, try starting it, because...

It should stay a constant green on the PC-V, and Red on the AutoTune when running.

17. pete roper

pete roper GT Godfather!

I'm uploading some pics to Flickr but when the engine is running I'm getting what I presume is an accurate reading of Duty%, I've got accurate RPM but the % Throttle is flatlined at 100%.

It is also stating AFR is 999 but it's smelling as rich as buggery. There's definitely something very wrong.

Pete

18. pete roper

pete roper GT Godfather!

Autotune is flashing when the engine is running? I've double checked all connections and the AT must be getting a power feed otherwise it wouldn't flash at all. I'm assuming that one live feed from the number plate light switch is the only power feed to both the AT and the PCV? There doesn't apear to be any other feed and no mention of one in the instructions?

Pete

19. pete roper

pete roper GT Godfather!

Light show with engine running but the AT light flashes constantly.

[​IMG]

As you can see, with the engine runningThrottle % is sitting at 100%

[​IMG]

With the engine off it's still showing 100% but periodically will show randome other amounts!

[​IMG]

Service light is on all the time but I assume that's just 'cos the O2 sensor is no longer connected to the ECU? Permanent ECU error of )) which I am assuming is O2 sensor as it's the only thing that's out of kilter!

Pete

[​IMG]

20. GT-Rx®

The % Throttle must read 0% at closed throttle, else nothing will work. Did you verify it's connected to the varying voltage TPS wire (regardless of color)? The AutoTune's LED will flash and read 9.99 until it is at operating temp. Then you will see a real-time read out on the screen.
    You do not (yet) have the ECU flash, so you have to leave the stock 02-sensor connected and reset everything (including TPS in the Axone or VDST), and do not touch the fuel cells in the map of the PC-V below 40% throttle.
    The PC-V is powered from the injectors.