• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Power Commander User Guide and Install info

how is a new bung provided in the autotune kit? doesnt that involve welding a piece of metal in place, or do they use glue or something?

Spaceclam said:
how is a new bung provided in the autotune kit? doesnt that involve welding a piece of metal in place, or do they use glue or something?

Yea, drill a hole and weld in the new bung. I will probably just wait until I "getta the flash".

I'm getting the ECU/PCV/AT setup from Todd. No hurry, Todd. Quality over quick!

Once installed, will I need to reset the TPS? If so, what will I be resetting? The PCV, or the ECU, or ??? What controls/manages the TPS with this setup?

OK, spent the morning at the workshop and I'm still having no joy. It's all turned into a bit of a clusterfuck that at the moment I simply don't have time for due to family commitments. I'd love to persevere but I simply don't have the time. My bike rund very well as is so I've removed the PCV and AT and will be sending 'em back NOT because they don't work. I'm sure they will, but because I now have an 8V in the US as well I'll take it to Todd next time I'm over and we can set it up together.

Over here I'll try the RB module and kit and pour what little spare time I currently have into getting that to work. I've spent three days frigging about with this over a long weekend, time that means that Jude has to carry all the responsibility for her Mum who needs constant 24 hour care now. I simply CAN'T dedicate any more time to it right now.

Pete

I'm still wondering about the TPS. Todd? You out there?

Ray R said:
Once installed, will I need to reset the TPS? If so, what will I be resetting? The PCV, or the ECU, or ??? What controls/manages the TPS with this setup?

Thought I'd but in as your question was a while ago - hope you don't mind. The TPS and its' operation is not altered by the PCV in any way, the bike's ECU is what uses the signal from the TPS (among other things) to calculate required injector squirt timing. The PCV will interrrupt those instructions to the injectors and apply it's magic from there.

You will need to reset the TPS as normal using the VDSTS/AXONE/Navigator according to the service schedule or as needed.

To add to that, my understanding is that you must also calibrate the Power Commander to 0% throttle opening and 100% throttle. The procedure is detailed in the PC V instructions posted elsewhere on this site.

Charlie

You are all correct... if you're installing a new ECU, I highly recommend resetting the TPS via VDST or eq., and yes it is equally important to set the throttle position parameters in the PC-V software. This shows the PC-V where closed throttle (0%) and full throttle (100%) are so that the PC-V map is delivering corrections properly.

I think I got it. So if I'm getting a remapped ECU, I should reset the TPS (throttle position sensor) using the TechnoResearch VDST software. And then I should also perform the TPS recalibration on the PCV using the instuctions provided with that kit.

Thank you.

Re: PC-V/AutoTune

jlburgess said:
Can you email me your mapping file? I would like to use it as a baseline setting for dyno run on a Griso 8V. Please send it to jbeaglepoint@yahoo.com if possible.
JL, I loaded this map onto your PC-V to start mapping off of. I do however now have a Griso 8V map if you'd like to use it instead. If you've already begun correcting, there is no need. Let me know direct e-mail; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Neat! Thanks. I'll see if I can make some hundreds of Km before the bad weather makes me stay at home :p

What value would make for smoother transitions at low speed/low throttle? I want to minimize on/off as much as possible.

I'll report back ASAP on mileage when using those values. I think between 3500-5500 is right for my riding.

Another question: Is it important to have values in the 2% column? Dynojet software shows my idle at 3-4%, which is always above that 2% value...

I don't think I've seen the instructions for hooking up the handlebar switch to the PCV. I see several screw terminals on the PCV, but they don't appear to be marked. So, how do I hook up the switch?

Ron

Zapa said:
Ok then. I'll reset the TPS with the VDSTS, then recalibrate the PC-V software.

Can both the VDSTS TPS reset and the PC-V recalibration be done with the bike cold?

Ray R said:
Can both the VDSTS TPS reset and the PC-V recalibration be done with the bike cold?
Yes, but for best results with the VDST, best to have it warm.

GT-Rx said:
best to have it warm.

Can you explain why?

I can't imagine why engine temp has any effect on setting the TPS it being mechanical linkage stuff, are there other adjustments that the VDSTS can make that temp would affect? I can well imagine that the PCV would be better set when the engine is warm , but maybe I am missing something with the VDSTS/PCV combination?

Mike.C said:
GT-Rx said:
best to have it warm.

Can you explain why?

I can't imagine why engine temp has any effect on setting the TPS it being mechanical linkage stuff, are there other adjustments that the VDSTS can make that temp would affect? I can well imagine that the PCV would be better set when the engine is warm , but maybe I am missing something with the VDSTS/PCV combination?

Iagree, which is why I asked. It seems to me that if both are set with the engine off, temp would be irrelevannt. But me being a rookie, what do I know?

RokonRon said:
I don't think I've seen the instructions for hooking up the handlebar switch to the PCV. I see several screw terminals on the PCV, but they don't appear to be marked. So, how do I hook up the switch?

Anybody got any ideas how to hook the switch to the 'map switch port ' on the PCV? Several terminals (if I'm looking in the right place), but no markings. I can't find any documentation on the PCV on the Power Commander web page or any other place for that matter.

Ron

Mike.C said:
Can you explain why?
Only because I'm seeing a fluctuation in the TPS reading using the VDST once warm. Perhaps a few of you can post your findings doing the same. The PC-V software should be more stable, but it's simply reading the TPS voltage, so if that differs at idle it will change the PC-V reading too, of course. I will check and report back.

GT-Rx said:
Mike.C said:
Can you explain why?
Only because I'm seeing a fluctuation in the TPS reading using the VDST once warm. Perhaps a few of you can post your findings doing the same. The PC-V software should be more stable, but it's simply reading the TPS voltage, so if that differs at idle it will change the PC-V reading too, of course. I will check and report back.

I have consistent 1/10th of a degree difference between cold and warm TPS readings. My warm reading ends up being 1/10th of a degree less than than cold.

Back