• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Power Commander User Guide and Install info

RokonRon said:
Anybody got any ideas how to hook the switch to the 'map switch port ' on the PCV? Several terminals (if I'm looking in the right place), but no markings. I can't find any documentation on the PCV on the Power Commander web page or any other place for that matter.

Never mind, it took a little digging, but I found it.

Ron

I have the ECU/PC-V/Autotune set-up. I saw the msg regarding AFR revision to improve mileage so I hooked up my laptop and changed the values as indicated and sent the new table.
As discussed previously in this forum though, I noted that with the bike warmed up and running the Throttle position value was reading 100% all the time. I went back through the steps to reset the TPS in the PC-V (engine off, Reset, open throttle to stop and close then click OK. No help though It still read 100% all the time when I cranked the engine. While the bike is running if I go to TPS calibration it is receiving voltage values while running so I assume it is connected appropriately.

I did not see that this issue was resolved previously. Any suggestions on what I should check?

jonesar said:
Any suggestions on what I should check?
With the bike running, click 'Reset' and have a quick stab of the throttle to the stop/wide open, then click OK and report back. The actual voltage should be showing in the center box, so you can enter it manually as well. If it's not, you have a TPS connection issue.

I accomplished that. With the bike running I hit TPS reset. I did the quick throttle max and here are the readings.
Min voltage - .493
max voltage - .549

middle screen hovering around 0.5.

All is well. I had inadvertently reset it with the ignition switch off.

One should always remember maintenance maxim #1:

Whenever you have a problem, check the last thing you worked on!

jonesar said:
All is well. I had inadvertently reset it with the ignition switch off.
One should always remember maintenance maxim #1:
Whenever you have a problem, check the last thing you worked on!
OK, so you were able to set it with the motor not running, correct?
Yes, the run switch *has* to be in the *Run* position.

Re: PC-V/AutoTune

I've completed my installation and started riding and building a map. Initially, I had trouble with a rough idle(posted in the main tech section under "Autotune options"), wanting to stall (running well throughout the rest of the range). Todd advised me how to get the Autotune to adjust fueling at zero throttle opening in the lower RPM cells. Once I figured out how to save my changes in the AFR table, everything was essentially resolved with the first ride after. Now I'm tinkering with some economy changes in the midrange (cruising range)I'm also going to put some temporary reference marks on tape on the twist grip so I can visualize approximate percentage throttle opening while riding. I'll just put a narrow piece of duct tape around the throttle and use the PC-V software to mark throtle percentages on it. Then I'll have a better idea what cells I want to work with in the cruising range.

I still have a rough spot around 3700-3900 RPM when holding steady throttle, almost like a miss or hesitation(slight bucking). I can't tell if it's transitioning between two adjacent cells with different fueling or what. That range does seem to be a trouble spot for a lot of Guzzis. I only have a few rides in with the system installed, and I'm counting on that area smoothing out as I make progress.

Again, the idle issue I reported earlier is essentially solved. I am a happy purchaser of the ECU remap/PC-V/Autotune. :D

John,

Good to hear you're having some fun experimenting with your mapping. I was thinking the same thing. I have the same PCV/AT/ECU set up as well. I know Todd recommends a flat A/F ratio throughout the range. It seemed to me that 13.2 was a bit on the rich side. I talked to a local motorcycle tuner here that's a PowerCommander dealer and also has a DynoJet. He said the same thing as Todd. For the best tune, have the A/F ratio flat throughout the range. And he said "rich is good" on an air-cooled bike versus running too lean.

It may mean more spark plug changes for me in the long run, and worse fuel mileage as well. But I'm sure happy with the way the bike is running! :D

Ray R said:
Just my opinion, but I'd say enough is enough when you're happy with the way the bike is running. Then I'll leave mine alone until the next mod, or I move to a city with a different elevation, etc. It would seem to me that as long as the trim is no longer adjusting anywhere close to +-20, there's not much reason to save it.

Very good point Ray ! It will change day to day due to temperature, barometric pressure and air density. I can see tweaking it because of seasonal changes. Summer,Fall, Winter (if applicable) and spring. Does that make any sense ?

The AutoTune will *never* stop correcting, hour-to-hour... minute-to-minute. If you think you've built the "perfect map" wait an hour and go ride it again, and see what AutoTune says.

GT-Rx said:
The AutoTune will *never* stop correcting, hour-to-hour... minute-to-minute. If you think you've built the "perfect map" wait an hour and go ride it again, and see what AutoTune says.
While the PCV is in the 'learning mode' with the AT hooked up doesn't it make the hour-to-hour...minute-to-minute corrections hour-to-hour...minute-to-minute without the constant hooking up of the computer and accepting the trims? Or have I got this thing all screwed up?

RokonRon said:
Or have I got this thing all screwed up?
Ron, as long as the AT is enabled and connected, it is making changes all the time. You are creating a "base" map in the PC-V by accepting the trims, in which the AT will correct from there. Make sense?

What if we did press the get/send table? :roll: I've done it a fair amount of times.

I've had a surging problem at small throttle openings but I havne't been able to ride enough this winter so far to try and debug it.
For example, with a cracked throttle in first gear putting around at around 1500 rpms the engine seems to die then surge again. I get stuck in slow traffic a lot in the city so it happens fairly frequently to me. I was going to start a separate thread to discuss this when I got a chance to look into it more. Outside of that range it's running great.

See my last two sentences above. I recommend starting with the base map again. Be sure to have a look at the PC-V map to be sure nothing strange is happening, and I welcome folks to send them to me if in question.

Interesting bug, not sure what it's doing but I definitely think I screwed something up by hitting "Send Table." I went back to the base map and have accepted trims twice now and no "surging" at small throttle openings. Thanks Todd.

Dan

dloftus said:
Interesting bug, not sure what it's doing but I definitely think I screwed something up by hitting "Send Table." I went back to the base map and have accepted trims twice now and no "surging" at small throttle openings. Thanks Todd.

Dan
I must have done the same thing. I also reloaded the base fuel map and its accepting AT trims again. I'll be staying far away from the "table" buttons for sure. ;)

Ron

Todd
I have a question on the Autotune throttle calibration, Does the minimum value indicated on the PC when you do a calibration relate to the TPS value ? It appears that on my bike it does. My VDTS value is 4.8 after a reset and my minimum throttle position voltage on the Autotune calibration screen is .480. So my question is after doing a TPS reset via Axione/Navigator or VDTS should not a Throttle Position calibration be done also ?

A little background, the ECU that I sent to Todd was from a parted out bike not my original ECU, when I installed the whole setup I did not check the TPS value (My Bad) When I did I found it to be 7.2, So did a reset and it went to 4.8. However the next time I went for a ride the bike was stalling out when coming off throttle to the closed throttle position. I checked the trim values and accepted them, it idled a little better went for another ride and accepted trim values again, I then looked at the map and some of the values where set at -55 whoa that doesn't seem right so I loaded in the base map from Todd again then did a AutoTune throttle position reset, all seems better now with out the large trim values at idle speeds. Am I all wet here or stumbled upon something everyone should know and be following ?

Thanks

Just installed PCV and autotune modules and all is incredibly sweet but when I connect to the computer, the values at 'Autotune' - 'Trims' are all 0. So do I have an install prob do you think? The throttle position reading is working fine but only goes up to a reading of 93% at WOT. It also says the map was received successfully and the device is connected down the bottom of the PCV page. Any and all help appreciated
cheers
Greg

holty said:
Just installed PCV and autotune modules and all is incredibly sweet but when I connect to the computer, the values at 'Autotune' - 'Trims' are all 0. So do I have an install prob do you think?
Is the AutoTune enabled?
Select Power Commander Tools Configure Auto Tune
Select the Auto Tune Enabled box to enable

RokonRon said:
holty said:
Just installed PCV and autotune modules and all is incredibly sweet but when I connect to the computer, the values at 'Autotune' - 'Trims' are all 0. So do I have an install prob do you think?
Is the AutoTune enabled?
Select Power Commander Tools Configure Auto Tune
Select the Auto Tune Enabled box to enable

Make sure you do a Autotune throttle calibration as well

Back