Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

PC-V User Guide PDF - Install info

Discussion in 'GT-Rx® Fueling' started by GT-Rx®, Oct 1, 2009.

1. double.d

double.d Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I can confirm that this method works. quote]

Are you saying that what Nero wrote is the correct way ?

2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

The default setting for plugging in the PC-V will auto-retrieve the map. "Get Map" is just good practice, and will not zero out the trims. Per above, you will need to "Accept Trims" and send map. I also recommend saving a dated copy to your hard drive to revert to. This is all well documented earlier in this thread. Also NOTE: Do not use Get/Send table, there seems to be a bug right now that could scramble the map. I'll post when a update is available.

3. dloftus

dloftus Tuned and Synch'ed

What if we did press the get/send table? :roll: I've done it a fair amount of times.

I've had a surging problem at small throttle openings but I havne't been able to ride enough this winter so far to try and debug it.
    For example, with a cracked throttle in first gear putting around at around 1500 rpms the engine seems to die then surge again. I get stuck in slow traffic a lot in the city so it happens fairly frequently to me. I was going to start a separate thread to discuss this when I got a chance to look into it more. Outside of that range it's running great.

4. GT-Rx®

See my last two sentences above. I recommend starting with the base map again. Be sure to have a look at the PC-V map to be sure nothing strange is happening, and I welcome folks to send them to me if in question.

5. dloftus

dloftus Tuned and Synch'ed

Interesting bug, not sure what it's doing but I definitely think I screwed something up by hitting "Send Table." I went back to the base map and have accepted trims twice now and no "surging" at small throttle openings. Thanks Todd.

Dan

6. RokonRon

RokonRon Tuned and Synch'ed

I must have done the same thing. I also reloaded the base fuel map and its accepting AT trims again. I'll be staying far away from the "table" buttons for sure. ;)

Ron

7. draidt

draidt GT Reference GT Contributor

Todd
    I have a question on the Autotune throttle calibration, Does the minimum value indicated on the PC when you do a calibration relate to the TPS value ? It appears that on my bike it does. My VDTS value is 4.8 after a reset and my minimum throttle position voltage on the Autotune calibration screen is .480. So my question is after doing a TPS reset via Axione/Navigator or VDTS should not a Throttle Position calibration be done also ?

A little background, the ECU that I sent to Todd was from a parted out bike not my original ECU, when I installed the whole setup I did not check the TPS value (My Bad) When I did I found it to be 7.2, So did a reset and it went to 4.8. However the next time I went for a ride the bike was stalling out when coming off throttle to the closed throttle position. I checked the trim values and accepted them, it idled a little better went for another ride and accepted trim values again, I then looked at the map and some of the values where set at -55 whoa that doesn't seem right so I loaded in the base map from Todd again then did a AutoTune throttle position reset, all seems better now with out the large trim values at idle speeds. Am I all wet here or stumbled upon something everyone should know and be following ?

Thanks

8. holty

holty Tuned and Synch'ed

Just installed PCV and autotune modules and all is incredibly sweet but when I connect to the computer, the values at 'Autotune' - 'Trims' are all 0. So do I have an install prob do you think? The throttle position reading is working fine but only goes up to a reading of 93% at WOT. It also says the map was received successfully and the device is connected down the bottom of the PCV page. Any and all help appreciated
    cheers
    Greg

9. RokonRon

RokonRon Tuned and Synch'ed

Is the AutoTune enabled?
    Select Power Commander Tools Configure Auto Tune
    Select the Auto Tune Enabled box to enable

10. draidt

Make sure you do a Autotune throttle calibration as well

11. GT-Rx®

Dan, only the PC-V can be calibrated, so as not to confuse... the PC-V works off of the TPS voltage, so technically it would be good practice to do the PC-V TP reset when you reset the TPS, yes. However, the PC-V has a default to handle a slight variation, but this would be a good thing to document/verify. Thanks for the post on it.

12. holty

holty Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi guys , yes autotune was enabled, did that at the start, but didn't do autotune throttle calibration oops! so did that still nothing at autotune trim values, what now!!!! :S PS Also did 02 sensor test, everything ok there

13. draidt

Go to TOOLS, (not power commander tools), ENVIRONMENT OPTIONS Do you have Receive Device Map Upon Connection Checked ?

Also you do not have to send the map every time, when you accept trim values it changed the base map. Are the wires you connected color coded correctly ?

14. holty

holty Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi guys Still having trouble getting trim values displayed. Todd, i tried hitting "Get Map" before trim, still nothing but zeros in the trim table. I have already made sure the 'Receive Device Map Upon Connection' is checked, is there anything else that should be checked here? The colour coded wires are connected correctly Just wondering if there is a test procedure for the autotune module?

15. holty

holty Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi guys I"m a dickhead :pinch: Just discovered why no trim values. The little black terminal in the back of autotune with no wires off it, i took it out n plugged it with the little black grommet didn't i, must be some sort of fused link? Put little black terminal back in, hey presto trim values appear :cheer: Must admit the wife spotted it first :pinch: God bless her little cotten socks. She's up to her neck in Tuneboy software for her speed triple at the moment but we won't mention that here :lol: Thanks Draidt , RockinRon, n Todd for ya input. Cheers Fella's

16. GT-Rx®

I'd say you owe the wifey a nice dinner or whatever. Yes, the jumper and dioded "termination block" need to be in place on the AutoTune in order for it to work.... one of the biggest reasons it's often near impossible to diagnose things over the internet. Glad it was found. Also, be sure to only "Get/Send Map" and never "Get/Send Table" on your transmissions.

p.s. I don't care to get into it of course, but Tuneboy is decent on Timing and a few other parameters, but not good on fueling revisions. All I care to say.

17. draidt

I took the Norge out today and really gave it a good flogging on some back roads Top speed indicated on the trip computer was in the triple digits unfortunately at that time my Radar detector went off as I was coming over a rise, Sure enough coming the other way was one of Florida's finest in a cream and black FHP car. :woohoo: I guess he figured by the time he turned around on that 2 lane black top I would be long gone so I never saw him again Whew !!! What I hypothesized about AutoTune throttle calibration is correct It is direct correlation to the TPS value set by the ECU via Axione, Navigator or VDTS. I hooked up the VDTS and observed the TPS value and the Autotune with the PVC software as you twist the throttle the TPS value and the throttle calibration are spot on equal to each other. just beware if the TPS is reset then reset the throttle position calibration as well. My problem is solved and the Norge is running so sweet again.

Base Map as supplied by Todd

[​IMG]

Map before TPS Reset

[​IMG]

Map after TPS reset/Autotune Throttle Calibration

[​IMG]

18. rguzz

rguzz Tuned and Synch'ed

When configuring Autotune, do we tick "Require Engine Temp" box, if so, what "Minimum Temp" in box. Or is our package off Todd not have this function yet? :roll:

19. GT-Rx®

There is no temp data being supplied to the PC-V, so *no*.

20. draidt

Ride Report

Just back from the VA Rally, It was the first time I had the Norge
    on the Blue Ridge in the present configuration with the Hyperpro springs, PCV/AT A/B lid and new Pirelli Diablo tires. Awesome improvement, did not matter if I was at 500 ft or 4000 ft elevation, just keep it in a gear to keep the rev's at 4000 rpm and it pulled like a freight train, I am not the greatest canyon carver by all means but the combo of the springs and tires allowed me to traverse those curves at least 10-15 mph higher with very little mid turn corrections needed.