RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, We've completed the split of this website from our custom bike builds and products to our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com. You may need a new username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. GuzziTech.com is now a secure site (https), and may require you to sign in again using your same password. We are back to our origins here with the Forum and Resources only. As always, zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine 2000-2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles Performance and Service workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work with our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

PC-V User Guide PDF - Install info

Discussion in 'GT-Rx® Fueling' started by GT-Rx®, Oct 1, 2009.

1. beetle

beetle Tuned and Synch'ed

Only speculating, but I would expect freaky data can be produced with a bad/intermittent supply or ground due to transient noise created by the connect/disconnect of the 12V or GND. Although, the CAN bus is supposed to work in noisy environments like this without issue. Hmmm.

2. makarushka

makarushka Cruisin' Guzzisti

Kiwi_dave,

I can see you've checked the connections but this may be worth something: I had intermittent operation of the AutoTune when it would simply stop working just like you describe, and in my case it was the connector that plugs in from AutoTune into the PCV. It is supposed to click in but really did not and had to be in really tight to be working stable. I bent the tab so it would lock better but in addition to that zip-tied it tight to the AT unit and had no outage since. Could be worth a shot...

As far as updating the software: good to have the latest version of the desktop but be sure not to upgrade the firmware in the PCV, even though there are several newer versions on the Dynojet website and the temptation is there...

AutoTune gets completely bogus readings in certain areas, especially really small throttle openings under load; as such it can only be relied upon to build a map from scratch if you know which cells you can trust and which to leave the AT correction off... This also means there will still be areas on the grid where we'll still have no idea how to correct for optimal mixture without dyno work and appropriate experience. This is something that I personally did not fully understand when I made my purchase; was naively hoping for higher degree of plain plug'n'play experience :)

This said, you could ask instructions from Todd to go from the baseline he provided to you originally to arrive to an even closer match. Essentially you'd be simulating a dyno run and pulling the map for him to modify for several iterations... In other words, still no replacement for a proper dyno run.

3. stinga

stinga Tuned and Synch'ed

This might sound like a dumb question but it’s been a while since I installed Todd’s full fuel kit. After a little hiccup with the black and yellow wires coming loose in the Auto tune and not working all’s good now.
    So here’s my question ? You get map, Accept trims then send map. Well I’ve got map but the how do you accept the trims, is there an option to select or just viewing then sending map is all that is required.
    Thanks

4. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Site Contributor!

This may help.

5. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Do NOT Accept Trims, please just send me the map via email to have a look and tweak for you. I have this clearly stated as well in the Notes section of the map.

6. stinga

stinga Tuned and Synch'ed

Cheers Todd
    Home from work so sending map now via email.
    I find this all a bit confusing having an auto tune system but all the areas that my bike runs like shit in eg between 2000 to 3500 rpm @ 0% to 15% throttle position and in the map and table they show big fat zeros "0" with consequently no trim adjustments.

IMG_4668 (2).JPG IMG_4671.JPG