• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

PC3 serial port software

PaulH

Just got it firing!
Hi, just picked up a 2003 California Stone Metal, it came with an older power commander 3 with a serial port, and I'm wondering if anyone knows if the software to adjust these is still available anywhere? Looks like dynojet no longer has it on their site, just the USB version which seems to be incompatible. I thought I remembered downloading this somewhere back when I had an 03 titanium, but it was a few years ago and my memory is foggy. Also thought I got an out of the box tune somewhere for my mods, which are the same as this current bike, just an open airbox lid and an h-pipe crossover. Any help would be appreciated! PXL 20210123 181902164

I just emailed them, they make it really hard to find a direct email on their site, we'll see how it goes. I've got to look around at some old thumb drives, I feel like I might have a backup somewhere.

They actually got back very quickly with a link to download the old software, of course with a disclaimer that they don't support it, and basically that serial ports are a PITA at this point, which I already knew. They also offered to send over a map to start with, so we'll see how that pans out.

They actually got back very quickly with a link to download the old software, of course with a disclaimer that they don't support it, and basically that serial ports are a PITA at this point, which I already knew. They also offered to send over a map to start with, so we'll see how that pans out.
Great, they are pretty good typically. No one has as large of a library as I do, as I was there when they made the original serial port units, and brought all of the bikes they built maps for early on. I may bring your comments over from the Registry post to answer here.

If you can't find anything, I have a copy of the PC3Usb 3.2.1 exe file. I'm stilling running a couple of 1200 Sports with them.

Of course it is for the USB version, not the serial port one; of course USB is just another serial port format.

I got it working, the maps they sent seem to be maybe not great, I'm still pretty suspicious that theres something else wrong with this bike, it seems like its running pretty lean all around, and some of the maps seem to just be leaning it out further still, which isn't going to help. I've got a fresh fuel pump and fuel filter, anything else that could cause lean running, at times to the point of stalling, especially after its warmed up?

I got it working, the maps they sent seem to be maybe not great, I'm still pretty suspicious that theres something else wrong with this bike, it seems like its running pretty lean all around, and some of the maps seem to just be leaning it out further still, which isn't going to help. I've got a fresh fuel pump and fuel filter, anything else that could cause lean running, at times to the point of stalling, especially after its warmed up?

Only hard parts left to consider are the injectors. Todd has a good source for a company that does an excellent job cleaning injectors. That company is RC engineering in California ( if they haven't left to escape the high taxes). Sad part is getting to the injectors on your bike is not a task for the faint of heart.

Only hard parts left to consider are the injectors. Todd has a good source for a company that does an excellent job cleaning injectors. That company is RC engineering in California ( if they haven't left to escape the high taxes). Sad part is getting to the injectors on your bike is not a task for the faint of heart.

Turns out the lean condition I was chasing was an ignition problem, plug caps of all things, they were some off brand rubber ones and apparently were cutting out when they got hotter. Couple of $3.50 ngk's and it runs like a champ!

Back