• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Picked up 2006 Griso today

Harry in OZ

Just got it firing!
Hi Guys
Just picked up a 2006 Griso black in colour 6800 kms/4200miles on the clock.
First owner put on 3000km and second owner put on the rest, occasional weekend blast he said.
Thing is immaculate.
My normal ride is a 1996 California which I like and still think is a great cruiser which handles well.
I was looking at something a bit more modern, then I seen the Griso and WOW.
Wouldn't mind one of those, and one came up, even the wife said that has the looks.
Took her to view and have her jump on the back to see if she thought the seat was ok and got the nod.
Went to pick it up and the owner already had a Ducati Diavel in the garage so he's ready to go again just quicker.
My thoughts
Paid the money and away I went, this is through peak hour traffic, drive line was a bit jerky at low speed though really not to bad as I more than likely was in the wrong gear at the time.
Seating was better than I thought after reading a shit load of posts/reports.
The reach to the bars ok and of course way different to the California, this may sound strange but it reminded me of my KTM 250 exe I had once.
Ergonomics I would say puts you in the attack mode for corners but good to cruise as well.
I did get sore elbows half way home but as I said bar are way different to the California.
This bike weighs 226Kg/550lbs and I did not notice any of the weight at all, felt very small(maybe weight is all low & I believe it has a 50/50 weight distribution, this may have something to do with it)
Anyway I finally hit some roads that I could get up to 80km/50miles an hour and what a difference. The wind took some of the weight of me arms and I started to give it a bit of a run.
What a a smile I had this thing is a blast, I pulls top at 100km/60miles an hour and all you do is wind it on and bang away you go, smooth ans a babies bum.
Did have a worry regarding the Giannelli exhaust being a bit load but turned out that once out of his garage all ok.
Any way I'm a happy camper.
Will try to do another post on my thoughts after I get a few rides up.
Griso.jpg

Harry

Congrats! The Griso is a great bike that I'm sure you will end up loving.

Congrats(!) and welcome to the Famiglia. Enjoy finishing the break-in... It will better each day through @10k miles. Did the dealer update the ECU map for you?
Post often, and enjoy the ride.

Yes, welcome.
The stock bars are a little funky, at least I think so as well. I replaced mine, as a few others have, with something that suits me a bit better. That is the beauty of handlebars vs, clip-ons.
Are you anywhere near Pete Roper in Oz?

Thanks Guys
No idea if the update of the ECU map was done Todd.
Yes live about 200 odd klm's away from Peter Roper which may come in handy.
Had someone mention on Wild Guzzi that the pipe on the bike may cause the jerkiness low down.
Replaced the Giannelli exhaust with the original and wow perfect, smooth as a babies bum.
Giannelli was just a can so must have stuff up something.

Harry

Welcome to the Darkside as opposed to the yellow or red. :cool:
Have over 70k on my 06 G and still puts the grin factor on every time I ride it. :woohoo:
Oh yeah, you can set the little red light to flash on the dash as you hit redline :evil:

Hi Guys
Did the fuel filter hose which some have said I should look at.
Being a 2006 you'd have thought that the hose would have been fixed or come off before now even with only 6800 kms & 7 years old.
Well it slid off the filter & pump without using any tools.
Lucky I listened really closely to every ones comments.

Harry

Hey Peter
Not sure re the recall.
Vin is ZGULS000X6M111712.
I checked the info on this site:

The frames concerned are those prior to:
ZGULS…6M111954 for Griso 1100 - ZGULP...6M113250 for Breva 1100

So it looks like I need it to be done.
Do I just ask the local dealer if it has been done or contact importers?

Thanks Peter

Harry

I'm flying to Sydney today and will be at the importer tomorrow for the Cali 1400 launch. I'll see what I can find out for you.

Pete

PS can you peel up the boot on the top of the bevelbox unit where the reaction arm pokes out and get the number off it? That would help. Also just check and see if you have a thin, stamped steel cover between the wheel and the seal on the CARC unit? If you have the recall has probably been performed, if not then it probably hasn't.

Hi Peter
Thanks for offer of help.
But believe it or not I didn't check the site as I was re-greasing the swing arm & linkages.
Wheel bearings had a hint of grease and the linkage next to none.
All done.
I didn't see the thin metal cover but I wasn't looking.
I knocked over the CARK three times so I would have thought it would have fallen off?
Number on CARK is as far as I could see is 02795.
Should the Importer know.
Its one well made motor cycle the old Griso.

Regards Harry

Harry, factory finally got back to us. Your bike is eligible for the CARC replacement. I'm currently away until August 26 so you have the choice of waiting for me to get back and I'll deal with it, which I'd like as I' the bloke who went to the trouble of finding out for you, or you can take it to someone else and they can bust their guts all over again.

Pete

Back